PDA

View Full Version : Yet another FastPass question

BTMichael
05-14-2005, 09:08 PM
This question is similar to one asked awhile ago about getting FastPass tickets for everyone in your group while they are in line on another ride (or having lunch, etc.).

I'm an early bird, and my wife and daughter like to sleep in once or twice during our 4-5 day trips. If I go to DL in the morning, say 8:00 am to 9:30 am, can I collect FastPass tickets for my wife and daughter even though they have not entered the park yet? Assume that our 5 day park hopper tickets were activated on a prior day.

The two issues that come to mind are (1) can the tickets be used to collect FastPasses even though they have not been scanned at the main gate, and (2) is this allowed at DL?

melmel
05-14-2005, 09:23 PM
No, you won't be able to use them.

I signed in using my CM pass the other day, and stupidly didn't take a ticket when the gate CM asked me. I figured I would just use my AP to get FPs, but when the little ticket printed out, it said that the FP was no valid because the ticket had not been scanned at the main gate that day.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-14-2005, 09:37 PM
Sounds like they have a very high tech system.

BTMichael
05-14-2005, 10:03 PM
No, you won't be able to use them.

I signed in using my CM pass the other day, and stupidly didn't take a ticket when the gate CM asked me. I figured I would just use my AP to get FPs, but when the little ticket printed out, it said that the FP was no valid because the ticket had not been scanned at the main gate that day.

Thanks for confirming this. Looks like I get to spend those early mornings on the rides rather than fetching FastPass tickets for my wife and daughter.

Drince88
05-15-2005, 04:56 AM
Thanks for confirming this. Looks like I get to spend those early mornings on the rides rather than fetching FastPass tickets for my wife and daughter.
Tough break :D

Leap for Joy
05-15-2005, 07:58 AM
If you really wanted to collect fastpasses, you could probably enter on your ticket, leave the park and enter on the next ticket, and the next, and the next until all the parkhoppers had been run through.

Spending the morning on the rides sounds like a lot more fun! Just tell them that the early bird catches the worm!

justlittleoldme
05-15-2005, 08:01 AM
If you enter the park and exit to try and use the tickets, they will stamp them with the date they were used- and the next time your family goes to get in, they will look for their return handstamp. So don't try that. It would not make for a very happy day. Besides, you would only be able to get fastpasses for one ride, and would have to wait two hours for the next one.

Leap for Joy
05-15-2005, 08:04 AM
Ooooh, I forget about the handstamp now that I have an AP! Thanks justlittleoldme!!

BTMichael
05-15-2005, 08:42 AM
Tough break :D
I agree. I just hope that I can get over he guilt of being in the park first thing in the morning while the family sleeps in. ;)

Besides, you would only be able to get fastpasses for one ride, and would have to wait two hours for the next one.
Well, not with a AAA package deal to the Grand Californian! :D