PDA

View Full Version : one or two questions...

passthepixiedust
05-14-2005, 06:55 PM
okay, I'm kind of a lurker here, absorbing all of your wonderful insights and advice.

Could someone please tell me.... Who is this Cast Member Matt whom you speak of ? What about Maynard ? Who is Maynard ?

Also, does anyone know how often the "Welcome to Disneyland" tour runs in the summer ? Several times a day or just at opening ? Do all lanyards have the fp holders attached to them ? If not, do the one's with the tour have them ?

Thanks alot, it's really great that there is a site like this where all you experts are so willing to answer questions for the rest of us !

Disney Vault
05-14-2005, 06:58 PM
CM Matt is the president of the Disneyland resort.

sdfilmcritic
05-14-2005, 06:59 PM
Could someone please tell me.... Who is this Cast Member Matt whom you speak of ? What about Maynard ? Who is Maynard ?Cast Member Matt is our favorite CM of all. He's the newest president of Disneyland and the great underdog that we cheer for because he is such a fan favorite. Maynard is a class clown type CM who transfers around between attractions at the park and he's become a local celebrity among all the guests. He's the Disney version of Where's Waldo? because he moves around a lot. And then when a guest finds him it's like a celebrity sighting that entails getting pictures taken with him as he hams it up for the camera and what not. Look for DisneyDustin's avatar (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/member.php?u=3399) and you'll see a picture of what Maynard looks like (Maynard's the one with the yellow jacket and the glow stick).

Disneyfun
05-14-2005, 07:07 PM
No all Lanyards do not have the fast pass holders. Most of the pin lanyard do not have the fast pass holders. There is a new 50th bow tie like lanyard that does have the fast pass holder. Fasspss holder lanyards sell out quickly

bradk
05-14-2005, 07:51 PM
as far as i know, the 'welcome to disneyland' tour runs only once per day. i'm pretty sure all tours do with the exception of the 50th anniversary tour

Colin
05-15-2005, 06:38 AM
as far as i know, the 'welcome to disneyland' tour runs only once per day. i'm pretty sure all tours do with the exception of the 50th anniversary tour

I called on Friday to book 2 tours, Welcome to Disneyland was only available at 10am, however Walk in Walts footsteps runs at 9am and 2:30pm (at least on the days I am going) I am going on the 2:30pm. I'll also be going on the 50th Tour, but I cant book that yet, can book it Saturday :)

C°o°lin

bradk
05-15-2005, 07:14 AM
ah, thanks for the correction.

jennia
05-15-2005, 05:29 PM
Do all lanyards have the fp holders attached to them ? If not, do the one's with the tour have them ?

There seem to be 2 types of lanyards for sale at the park. 1 is a Fast Pass or AP lanyard that has a pouch for FastPasses or APs and the lanyard itself is made of a round cord. The version I have has a silder (like a Bolo tie) of Sleeping Beauty's Castle as well and a metal clip that holds the plastic pouch. The other type of lanyard is a pin trading lanyard. It has a plastic clip on the end but to my knowledge no pouch for your Fast Passes or APs. I learned from a post here at MP that the pouches can be purchased at an office supply store before hand or afterwards to replace a damaged one. The pin collecting lanyards are made of a wide ribbon-like material that can be used for your pins.

The lanyards that I see people wearing from Walt Disney Travel and AAA seem to have the pouches for a Fast Pass on the lanyard but you might want to ask your travel company about this to make sure. I don't have any first hand experience with them. :D

Disneyfun
05-15-2005, 07:31 PM
There seem to be 2 types of lanyards for sale at the park. 1 is a Fast Pass or AP lanyard that has a pouch for FastPasses or APs and the lanyard itself is made of a round cord. The version I have has a silder (like a Bolo tie) of Sleeping Beauty's Castle as well and a metal clip that holds the plastic pouch. The other type of lanyard is a pin trading lanyard. It has a plastic clip on the end but to my knowledge no pouch for your Fast Passes or APs. I learned from a post here at MP that the pouches can be purchased at an office supply store before hand or afterwards to replace a damaged one. The pin collecting lanyards are made of a wide ribbon-like material that can be used for your pins.

The lanyards that I see people wearing from Walt Disney Travel and AAA seem to have the pouches for a Fast Pass on the lanyard but you might want to ask your travel company about this to make sure. I don't have any first hand experience with them. :D
My UNcle got a Walt Disney travel laanyard after checking in at the hotel and of course getting his reservations throught WDT. There is a pin Lanyard that also has the fast pass pocket I have found them at the gift shop in GCH. I have asked about them inside the park and I am always told the same thing they sell out as soon as they get them in.
since I am not a pin trader I got the 50th bolo type.

nsyncitnd1787
05-15-2005, 08:22 PM
you can also put one of the fast pass pouches on the pin trading lanyard. just buy one before (i had no clue you could get them at the office supply stores- learn something new everyday!) or buy one of the bow-tie kind. what i did was to buy one of the retractable fastpass holders. those ones are taller than wider, which i like a lot more. or you can clip that kind onto the lanyard.

PragmaticIdealist
05-17-2005, 12:55 PM
Maynard is well-known because his alter ego in the outside world is a professor of drama, I believe. Even though, I have never met him, I do know that his skills with improvisation seem to be really popular with many Guests. So, he invariably receives several compliments through Disneyland City Hall and by mail.

In fact, I believe he receives more compliments than any other Disneyland Host or Hostess. But, in some cases, this fact may just be because so many Guests know him and learn about him through sites like MousePlanet.

I am amazed sometimes by the improvisational ability and talent of many Disneylanders. I wish Disney added more elements like the Frontierland townsfolk (Laughing Stock & Co.) throughout Disneyland.

In my opinion, Disneyland should be populated with as many of these interactive and improvisational characters as possible.

T&Rshep
05-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Maynard is the best. I always have to give him a hug when I see him. Most of the time he's at the HM. He always has a funny joke or little scene that he does for people. He's the one who coined the phrase "step into the dead center of the room" at the HM. He always carries a little plastic frog in his pocket and sings with it.

bradk
05-17-2005, 01:05 PM
From what I've read, he hasn't been at HM for a long time. Aside from the CMs getting landlocked, for a while he was doing F! guest control and now I guess he's at the opera house.

T&Rshep
05-17-2005, 02:22 PM
That's true. The last time I saw him he was doing F! but I did see him recently at the HM. How long has he been working there? I first saw him back in '94 I think.

Disneyfun
05-17-2005, 04:58 PM
In my opinion, Disneyland should be populated with as many of these interactive and improvisational characters as possible.
There is one guy on the trams from the mickey mouse parking lot. Who is very good with improvisational. I had heard him once but that tram was full. Then On 05-05-05 I got his tram we were all laghing so hard!!!
I took a picture I will have to look later a what his name is.