PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion updates

Disneyfun
05-14-2005, 05:51 PM
Sorry If this has been done already, But as I am fairly new here I do not know if it has been stated already.

On 05-05-05 I went on HM I noticed a few new things. THen while listening to an old Mousepod pod cast it was also mentioned that items were changed in the HM.

So my question is does any one have a list or know of the changes that were made?

I know that some of the pictures in th hallway have been change.
Are they just switched out or are some brand new and which one are now missing? I could only remember one that is missing.

Disney Vault
05-14-2005, 06:04 PM
They switched out one of the paintings and they now change with the lightning outside the window. Madem Leota now floats too instead of just sitting on the table.

I Heart Disneyland!
05-14-2005, 06:09 PM
Madem Leota now floats too instead of just sitting on the table.

I noticed that too! Plus the portraits on the walk toward the Doombuggies are different, of course, I hadn't been there in 2 years, so, they may have been different for a long while. I like the old ones better, I think.

Disneyfun
05-14-2005, 06:15 PM
I am trying to remember what the old ones were. I know the calander girl is missing. But what others are missing?
Any one know How many portraits they have in all? I know there is a rose one I have never seen or should remember ever seening.

leota's necklace
05-14-2005, 06:20 PM
I am trying to remember what the old ones were. I know the calander girl is missing. But what others are missing?
Any one know How many portraits they have in all? I know there is a rose one I have never seen or should remember ever seening.

Miss April was switched out with the portrait of Master Gracey. And the Cat Portrait (the scary side) has changed slightly. The rest are the same, I believe, with some changes in position (Catgirl, Ghost Ship, Lightning Knight, Gracey, Medusa, in no particular order).

Disney Vault
05-14-2005, 06:49 PM
I think I also heard something about the suit of armor being fixed too. And the speed ramp at the end is working again.

Did they ever do something to fix the bright exit signs? I remember that bothered a lot of people but you don't hear about it anymore.

jon80flt
05-14-2005, 09:11 PM
I really enjoyed seeing the Piano-Playing Ghost Silhouette (in the attic room) working agan, however, the last few times I rode, it didn't seem to be working again... bummer! :(

Jon

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-14-2005, 09:41 PM
I didn't notice any of the exit signs on my trip May 5th. Did they dim them?

mkcbunny
05-14-2005, 11:05 PM
I really enjoyed seeing the Piano-Playing Ghost Silhouette (in the attic room) working agan, however, the last few times I rode, it didn't seem to be working again... bummer! :(

Jon
It was working when we went this past Thursday [May 12].

I had not read about the floating Madame Leota beforehand and was delightfully shocked to see her floating!! As for the portraits ... I thought they were like holographic images before, where the images shifted as you walked by. Now the imges alter when the lightning flashes [images illuminated from behind]. Maybe my memory is off [?]; I just recall them transforming in a different way.

bradk
05-14-2005, 11:21 PM
originally, the portraits used to change with the 'lightning' effect. that was changed into a slow transition, which of course was changed back to the lightning effect once again.

Space Mountain Mike
05-14-2005, 11:29 PM
I actually don't like the way they changed the portraits for a small reason: I am a photographer and I took some time exposures of the hallway and I would have like to take some close up time exposures of the paintings of each version. The time between transitions would be enough to expose the film. But it's impossible the way it is now, to try it would end up in a double exposure.

Disney Vault
05-15-2005, 10:47 AM
I am so excited to see how they end up updating PotC. They did such a great job with the mansion.

Wesley815
05-15-2005, 10:51 AM
I didn't notice any of the exit signs on my trip May 5th. Did they dim them?Yep, sure did, also put new carpet in the stretching room and hallway. Looks really nice! :)

jon80flt
05-16-2005, 06:32 AM
It was working when we went this past Thursday [May 12].

Yep, it's back now! :D

Jon