PDA

View Full Version : what is dole whip?

Pages : [1] 2

dws_60
05-14-2005, 02:54 PM
hi!
i may be stupid but what is dole whip? is it something u can eat ? or just a place?
Thanks

I Heart Disneyland!
05-14-2005, 03:02 PM
It's a YUMMY delicious treat outside of the Tiki Room. There is a Dole stand and they sell lots of pineapple treats. The whip itself is like a soft serve ice cream, and it's pineapple flavored. You can also get a whip float, which is pineapple juice with the Dole whip floating in it. SOOOO good!!

dws_60
05-14-2005, 03:05 PM
wow thats great... is it very sweet? i guess since its an ice cream it should be...
thanks for the info
David

Disney Vault
05-14-2005, 03:07 PM
I like dole whips but the dole floats are amazing. Why did you have to bring this up because now I want one so bad :(

dws_60
05-14-2005, 03:09 PM
sorry dude.. didnt mean to ... ull go to disney sooner than i anyway so... enjoy one for me will u?

I Heart Disneyland!
05-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Yes, it's sweet, but smooth sweet. I just had my first one (after 37 years of going to DL!) last week! So good, now I want one too!!!

dws_60
05-14-2005, 03:17 PM
im asking because my daughter who ll go in july has a sugar condition (her insulin overworks so it drives her into hypoglycemia if she eats too sweet). 37 years? ur that old ? lol! ur first visit was in ur moms tummy, wasnt it? please take no offense there
David

jennia
05-14-2005, 03:18 PM
El Pollo Loco used to sell Dole Whips many years ago if I remember correctly. They are very yummy but now I'll have to try the float. I wasn't aware that they made floats.... yet another Disneyland food I've been missing out on!! :D

disneyperson
05-14-2005, 03:18 PM
It's a YUMMY delicious treat outside of the Tiki Room. There is a Dole stand and they sell lots of pineapple treats. The whip itself is like a soft serve ice cream, and it's pineapple flavored. You can also get a whip float, which is pineapple juice with the Dole whip floating in it. SOOOO good!!
don't forget the cute litle paper umbrella!

Disney Vault
05-14-2005, 05:19 PM
im asking because my daughter who ll go in july has a sugar condition (her insulin overworks so it drives her into hypoglycemia if she eats too sweet). 37 years? ur that old ? lol! ur first visit was in ur moms tummy, wasnt it? please take no offense there
David
I believe your daughter can go to city hall and get all the nutrition facts for the dole whip. That way she can know for sure if it is okay to have with her condition.

Crazy4DL
05-14-2005, 05:26 PM
). 37 years? ur that old ? lol! David

old?? that is young ;) She is actually older than 37 but looks much younger! and young at heart!!! :)

I Heart Disneyland!
05-14-2005, 05:29 PM
37 years? ur that old ? lol! ur first visit was in ur moms tummy, wasnt it? please take no offense there
David

Nope! I was quite fully formed as a 7 year old child !

Not so sure about the insulin....I think it would be too sugary for her.

Crazy4DL
05-14-2005, 05:32 PM
Nope! I was quite fully formed as a 7 year old child !

It's your avatar that is giving you away! such a dignified, mature facial expression :p

;) ;)

sdfilmcritic
05-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Mmm. I'm now thinking about Tiki Juice. {Homer} Mmm. Tasty.

I Heart Disneyland!
05-14-2005, 06:52 PM
don't forget the cute litle paper umbrella!

Oh yes, I kept those umbrellas too! :) :)

Disney Vault
05-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Do they sell anything else at the stand besides dole whips and floats? I think they should sell some sort of snack too. Anyone have any favorite good dole snacks that would work well with that location? Maybe even just a little fruit cup would be nice

sdfilmcritic
05-14-2005, 07:01 PM
Do they sell anything else at the stand besides dole whips and floats?Tiki Juice! Don't forget about the Tiki Juice!

Oh, and btw there's a snack stand right around the corner that sells the fruit cups.

Pirate Princess
05-14-2005, 07:05 PM
What is "tiki juice"

sdfilmcritic
05-14-2005, 07:06 PM
Tiki Juice is plain pineapple juice served in a twelve ounce plastic cup. You can have it served on the rocks or straight up. I like it straight up. Dole Tiki Juice is the sweetest pineapple juice I've ever tasted.

Aussie MouseFan
05-14-2005, 07:55 PM
I had my first ever Dole whip float last week, along with a friend, and sorry, but we were both very disappointed.

I was so looking forward to it, maybe it wasnt made right, as the girl was flat out on her own, but the juice wasnt very sweet, and the whip, well it was just plain old soft serve ice cream.

(I MAY try another one, just to be sure, but after reading and hearing all the hype, I was so excited to taste one... and felt very let down afterwards)

I Heart Disneyland!
05-14-2005, 09:28 PM
Do they sell anything else at the stand besides dole whips and floats?

They sell pineapple. And it's GOOD! And like SD said, tiki juice!

melmel
05-14-2005, 09:29 PM
Plus, an affordable snack. :D

CinemaGal15
05-15-2005, 12:29 AM
David

If you really want to know whats in it, when your there, you can ask the cashiers to see a binder, which has the ingrediants of everything there.

CinemaGal15
05-15-2005, 12:32 AM
Do they sell anything else at the stand besides dole whips and floats? I think they should sell some sort of snack too. Anyone have any favorite good dole snacks that would work well with that location? Maybe even just a little fruit cup would be nice

The Tiki Juice Bar sells:
Dole Whip
Dole Whip Floats
Pinapple Juice
Pinapples
Peach Fruit Cups
Water
Coffee

Disney Vault
05-15-2005, 10:49 AM
My least trip was in December when the Tiki room and juice bar were closed. I really want to visit the new one because it looks amazing in pictures and I bet it's even better in person.