PDA

View Full Version : Plexiglass Frontierland Cart?

merlinjones
05-14-2005, 02:20 PM
What's with the tacky shiny plexiglass pretzel cart in Frontierland with the printed "wood" panels - - looks like someone bought it from the Tulare County Fair!

Disney Vault
05-14-2005, 03:04 PM
Do you have a picture of this? Is it a new addition because I want to see it now.

merlinjones
05-14-2005, 03:17 PM
I don't have a pic - - it's certainly the first time I noticed that cart - parked along the river across from Golden Horseshoe - - it made the double-wide themed lemonade cart look fancy.

anybody else?

sleepyjeff
05-14-2005, 04:31 PM
Would it kill them to just open up a few of those shuttered food windows and remove a sizeable portion of those ugly, sidewalk blocking, pieces of carnival junk they call food vending? Are they trying to get around some sort of health ordinance or something? I just don't get it :confused:

DCACM
05-14-2005, 06:26 PM
Would it kill them to just open up a few of those shuttered food windows and remove a sizeable portion of those ugly, sidewalk blocking, pieces of carnival junk they call food vending? Are they trying to get around some sort of health ordinance or something? I just don't get it :confused:

2 Different departments.

MrsG
05-15-2005, 11:17 AM
2 Different departments.
But same park/company. Perhaps the right hand should find out what the left hand is doing.

Disney Vault
05-15-2005, 11:55 AM
But same park/company. Perhaps the right hand should find out what the left hand is doing.
I know. You'd think they could work together to get things done right. And nice quote about the right and left hands.

sleepyjeff
05-15-2005, 12:25 PM
2 Different departments.

Fair enough....but somewhere along the line they share a boss.

What really doesn't make sense to me is the closing of those windows to begin with. If they were never closed to begin with odv would not have near the demand for their products....and thus we would not have near the number of these things around blocking sightlines and walkways etc.

A churro can be sold from a window just as easily(or easier) as from a cart....same with Turkey legs, ice cream, and cokes.

:)

CrazyTrain
05-16-2005, 01:59 PM
I didn't think it looked that bad.
There's one in Tomorrowland too, BTW.

merlinjones
05-16-2005, 02:10 PM
I can conceive of plexiglass in Tomorrowland - not Frontierland. These things are supposed to truly fake/evoke the era, not just be "decorated" in a western motif. That used to be the difference between Disney and the carnival down the street.