PDA

View Full Version : What have you discovered from these boards?

Pages : [1] 2

nightdesigns
05-14-2005, 12:30 PM
It was interesting, I had been to disneyland probably 15 times in my life, and then got passes about 3 years ago where I went and did the same things I probably did the 10 previous times, rides, and food.

It was some point after my passes expired that I was getting Disney cravings once again and went on a quest to find at least some information online about disneyland. That was when I stumbled onto these boards (and a few others too, but for some reason I like this group the best) and discovered entire parts of disneyland that I never even bothered to look in to, and I'll say that these boards have opened my eyes up to what Disneyland really has to offer (other than just rides). I got excited about DL all over again and renewed my passes.

So to my point, until you started reading the boards here, what had you never done until you had read about them here. Some of this stuff I never knew it existed or what it was.

For me, it was more the shows than the rides:
Great Moments with Lincoln (probably the first time I had ever even looked at that building).
Tiki Room (Never knew it existed)
Aladan Show (Could it really be that good, yeah it was)
Bugs Life Show (Fun Surprise)
Golden Dreams Show (eh, Once in a life time)
Innovations (good way to get out of the heat)
Club Buzz bands (I now make special trips to the land to see certain bands)
Dole Whip (I've missed out!)

Now granted, most of the "regular" guests won't even consider any of that unless they have a multi-day ticket. When I was young, it was always a single day admission, and it was all abotu the rides, rides, rides.

Still on the list:
Snow White Show
Mint Julip
Club 33 =)

rentayenta
05-14-2005, 12:46 PM
Great thread idea!

DCA had been open for 3 years before I decided to try it. If not for MP, I don't think I ever would have gone in. I had to see what all of the hub-bub was about. ;)

I didn't know about hidden Mickeys until MP.

hpagels
05-14-2005, 12:51 PM
The information I gained from this (and other boards) was invaluable, but the single best discovery was balcony seating for Fantasmic. I don't know if I would have ever discovered it otherwise. It was the best! :)

Disneyfun
05-14-2005, 01:03 PM
I showed up for the 05-05-05 50th celebration because of this board. I never even considered it before but then I got all wrapped up on the excitement.

I also learned about pod casts here. I would of never learned about that if it was not for the Mouseplanet.

Other than that most of the disscussion I have experenced. With the exception of club 33 have never even considered I could experienc this and now I would like to!

Hakuna Makarla
05-14-2005, 01:45 PM
umm wel I learned a lot from here and most of it disney, but so much more! where to buy shoes, how to tease and gossip ( well if you can gossip about all things disney )
I learned a lot of people here are funny, some are funnier and some are the funniest!
you can tell a lot about avatars, and the person who has them, ( you know the person by the size of there Avatar ha ha ha
lets see, I learned recipes, I learned what a mole is, a troll is, and a scroll is ( well almost all of that :) )
oh and so much more !!

Wendi
05-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Hmmm... let's see... I had never ridden in the nosecone or tailcone of the Monorail. I still haven't asked to pilot the Mark Twain, but I'll do that on our next trip. I hadn't been into the Animation Building either. Hmmm... what else??? Oh, I found my way over to Visions Fantastic from here, very cool!!! GOAT TRICK!!!

Opus1guy
05-14-2005, 01:56 PM
I learned there are people weirder than me!

;)

SallySkellington
05-14-2005, 01:58 PM
I learned there are people who love DL as much as I do! Some love it even more! :eek: :D

disneyperson
05-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Hmmm... let's see... I had never ridden in the nosecone or tailcone of the Monorail. I still haven't asked to pilot the Mark Twain, but I'll do that on our next trip. I hadn't been into the Animation Building either. Hmmm... what else??? Oh, I found my way over to Visions Fantastic from here, very cool!!! GOAT TRICK!!!
ah, the goat trick.

Disney Vault
05-14-2005, 02:05 PM
I learned there are people weirder than me!

;)
Same here. I am a Disney :geek: . But there are people who are Disney :geek: x 100 :D

Disneyfun
05-14-2005, 02:10 PM
Okay Okay I have more to learn obviusly. So will some one fill me in on the goat trick! I am missing something here. I know I am!

sjcivilady
05-14-2005, 02:10 PM
I've learned about good hotels closest to the park, ideas for snacks, restaurants to try, the Character Warehouse (Disney outlet), happiest pottie, and more but these are what comes to mind quickly. Also love to visit the boards on my lunch hour - makes it go by quickly. I feel I know some - only have met Christiii who lives in my town -- and would love to meet others some day, maybe on a Mouse Adventure. :)

Shortiemetoo
05-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Definately loved learning about the Character Warehouse, Whitewater cafe and that I maybe am not quite so wierd for loving Disneyland as much as I do. However...what is the Happiest pottie???? Hmmm happy potties...lol. Oh and one more thing...the baby place on main street!!! Heard about it here and my daughter was JUST preggers when we went last time so we checked it out for our next trip! :D

adriennek
05-14-2005, 03:31 PM
ah, the goat trick.

I learned that if neither Andrew nor cstephens nor I are around, SOMEONE will hijack our opportunity.... grumble grumble ;)

Adrienne

bradk
05-14-2005, 03:32 PM
goat trick (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=36323)

happiest potties (http://www.mouseplanet.com/potties/) (it is a bit dated though unfortunately)

Terri
05-14-2005, 03:50 PM
I was so sure I knew everything about DL, but - you learn a lot from these boards! I second (third? fourth?) the comment about finding people as :geek: y as me about the park. And:
corn dogs...can't believe I've never had one in the 45 years I've been going to the park
balcony/river seats for Fantasmic!
GOAT TRICK!
Ridemax
John @ the DL hotel
Maynard the awesome CM
How to pilot the Mark Twain
And...that I'm not the only person with an adversion to Toontown and Innoventions!
We are getting on a plane in just 12 days!!!!! :D

disneyperson
05-14-2005, 04:22 PM
I learned that if neither Andrew nor cstephens nor I are around, SOMEONE will hijack our opportunity.... grumble grumble ;)

Adrienne
bwahahahahahahaha. Hey, the post was just sitting there, I couldn't just let it go by. :D

Disney Vault
05-14-2005, 05:24 PM
happiest potties (http://www.mouseplanet.com/potties/) (it is a bit dated though unfortunately)
I need to explore this site more. I have been here a while but I have never seen that. MP has everything :D

Disneyfun
05-14-2005, 05:32 PM
goat trick (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=36323)

Thanks BradK I knew you would come through!

NOw I have two things to add to my list of learning from this site!

Pirate Princess
05-14-2005, 08:08 PM
I have been very happy to learn $ saving tips (Thanks to everyone from a single mama). Especially the $20.00 espn zone savings!
I've learned when and where to stand at Fantasmic and Remember...
I've learned about the goat trick.
I've learned about DL's vegetarian cuisine.
I've learned about the non-networked Fastpass.
I've learned to keep a plastic bag in my purse so that my tickets/camera/cell/etc. don't turn my trip into a nightmare.
I've learned about the Dole Whip.
I've learned about crowds and the best time to visit the park.
I've learned about special birthday surprises.
I've learned about Character Dining.
(I've learned so much that my 24 page research paper is coming due and I only have four pages done. If you are new to this board RUN AWAY while you still can!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Also, I've learned that some people are just a little too into DL to the point they are rude and insulting. The rest of you have been a treasure! Thank you everyone for all your help! I can't wait to go in (less than) four days! With all your info this will be the best trip EVER!!!

AussieBill
05-16-2005, 02:20 AM
I Have learnt that even if you live in Australia and you have a question some one will give you the time of day and answer it.
It certainly made my resent father son trip more enjoyable with tips learnt on the fast pass system as a 5min wait on splash or buzz was much better than 60+.

HorizonsA
05-16-2005, 04:30 AM
(and a few others too, but for some reason I like this group the best)

I really like coming to this site because it's more friendly here. There is one other site that I visit, I don't know if I should mention the name, though it's quite popular, but I have only posted one thread so far and I was attacked for what I said. It seems everyone on that site just had to give me a piece of their minds. I haven't posted on there since. I knew that not one of those posters were also from MousePlanet. It's like that site has no rules over attacking individual posters. I'm sure if I posted the same thread that I did on that site here, I wouldn't be so humiliated like I was on the other. I guess I can give you a hint of the sites name. YOu can usually read some interesting articles every week or so.

GeminiAngel
05-16-2005, 06:09 AM
Fun Thread!!

Mint julips, veggie stew in bread bowls, billy and the Hillbillies, bengal BBq, hunny carmel popcorn, The center of DL-aka the golden spike, fastpass tips, little hidden secrets (hidden mickey's, facts, etc), whitewater snacks, The happiest potties on earth, baby center on main street, show and parade viewing spots, monorail cone rides, the goat trick (way cool), mice age, asking if DD can "assist" in driving the horsedrawn carriage ( bonus-sticker), "Harold" who resides in the matterhorn, and the list goes on......... but most of all, knowing there are others out there who are just as crazy about all things Disney just like me. And will not call me crazy, like my friends and family would!! :fez:

bradk
05-16-2005, 06:59 AM
The center of DL-aka the golden spike

i hate to be the one to say this, but for the sake of argument, the 'spike' in the middle of the castle is most definitely not the center point of disneyland - nor was it ever (if it had been, the addition of toontown would have thrown it off anyway). it's for surveying purposes (it delineates the centerline of main street).

Shortiemetoo
05-16-2005, 08:18 AM
i hate to be the one to say this, but for the sake of argument, the 'spike' in the middle of the castle is most definitely not the center point of disneyland - nor was it ever (if it had been, the addition of toontown would have thrown it off anyway). it's for surveying purposes (it delineates the centerline of main street).

Cool and ty for the information about the happiest potties!!! What a cool site!!!
There are so many things I have learned here!!! Now another one!!! :D