PDA

View Full Version : Block Party/Aladdin

Sorcerer Jody
05-14-2005, 12:21 PM
My sisters and I want to try to make the most of a half day in DCA. What makes the most sense (or is either possible) - seeing the Block Party at 5:15 and then the 6:05 Aladdin show, or the 4:20 Aladdin show and then the Block Party at 5:15?

sdfilmcritic
05-14-2005, 12:23 PM
In my personal opinion I would recommend Aladdin first because it's a popular show and may fill up really fast. The parade, from what I've heard, hasn't received a huge crowd lately and should be easy to grab a seat for viewing it.

Sorcerer Jody
05-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Thanks for your quick reply! Where is the best place for watching the Block Party?

bradk
05-14-2005, 12:34 PM
anywhere along the parade route should be fine, although it will probably be most crowded in the sunshine plaza area. there are posted indicators of where the parade stops will be for the most interaction.

Disney Vault
05-14-2005, 01:57 PM
Thanks for your quick reply! Where is the best place for watching the Block Party?
It depends what you want. If you don't want any crowds then the pier is the best place. But it seems like it would be more fun with more people around you. So I would pick the second stopping place.

DCADude
05-15-2005, 12:51 PM
I would say to stand over by paradise pier because not to many people stand over there. it gets too crowded by sunshine plaza.

SilverStyle
05-15-2005, 12:52 PM
Go see aladin, then Block party

MyBeast
05-15-2005, 01:46 PM
In my personal opinion I would recommend Aladdin first because it's a popular show and may fill up really fast. The parade, from what I've heard, hasn't received a huge crowd lately and should be easy to grab a seat for viewing it.

I've seen huge crowds for Block Party every day.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-15-2005, 02:22 PM
anywhere along the parade route should be fine, although it will probably be most crowded in the sunshine plaza area. there are posted indicators of where the parade stops will be for the most interaction.

We fought for a spot on the 6th of May in the Sunshine area, only to later see that we could have stood right outside Golden Dreams and had no problem seeing. Heck we could have layed stretched out on the ground and not touched anyone. I think most people like to see it at the start of the route.
I say see Aladdin first, then head over to the Pier area to catch Block Party Bash.

smjoseph
05-15-2005, 02:30 PM
Paradise Pier was sparsely populated when we were at the Block Party.

bradk
05-15-2005, 02:53 PM
We fought for a spot on the 6th of May in the Sunshine area... I think most people like to see it at the start of the route.

while that would be part of it, it's also the most sensible spot to make a quick exit to DL after the parade.

DCADude
05-15-2005, 03:46 PM
hey now, not everyone is thinking like that