PDA

View Full Version : DCA is good because..., DCA is bad because...

disNeytEen
05-14-2005, 08:59 AM
If you ever wanted to post your thoughts weither good or bad about the most lovable hated park next door to its Golden Sister DL, know is the time. State weither or not you like DCA or hate it and why?

DCA is good because it gives people an open breather from the crowded walkways of DL. It also has some pretty cooled themed lands that could really be improved and made great lands. Also it has a lot of growing to do and whenever something grows it gets better, if done right. And another thing about the park is how much character and life it has, only if people could stop and take the park in for what it is, slow life down and spend a whole day there, a whole SLOW day there.

HorizonsA
05-14-2005, 09:26 AM
Must we have another DCA bashing thread, because that's what it's going to turn into.

I love DCA, it's a good park. It has some pretty well put together attractions, such as, Tower of Terror, Disney Animation, Soarin' Over California, and Grizzly River Run. Although I don't feel the magic of Disney when I walk through the Golden Gates as I do immediately when I walk into Main Street in Disneyland, DCA has great offerings that can easily make you forget that you are even at Disneyland. I do wish, however, that DCA's admission price was lower than Disneyland's as you really can't spend an entire day there, unless you go on all the rides and attractions over and over again.

disNeytEen
05-14-2005, 09:29 AM
^ it dosen't have to be a bashing thread just state what you don't or do like about it like you did. No bashing was there just statments

rentayenta
05-14-2005, 09:42 AM
DCA is good because:

it has the MSEP

it has wide open spaces

they have a great toy shop

Animation Studio

ToT

Screamin'

Soarin'

Cove Bar Bloody Marys

DCA is bad because:

it has no shade

it's too carnivalish

not enough Disney magic

Disney Vault
05-14-2005, 10:16 AM
DCA is good because: ToT, Soarin, Animation building, the new Monsters Inc., and it will be able to grow for a long time.

DCA is bad because: Route 66. That is the one part of the park I can not stand. I like the pier but once you turn the corner and get to Route 66 it just goes down hill big time.

pirateabbie
05-14-2005, 10:27 AM
I first went to DCA about six months after it opened. I had heard so many bad things about it that I wasn't expecting much. However, once I was there, I found myself enjoying it quite a bit. I kept expecting to turn a corner and find this "awful park" everyone kept talking about, but I never did. Granted, it's not Disneyland. It doesn't even feel all that Disneyish. If you give it a chance though it's a lot of fun. Parts of it are downright beautiful. I just hope they continue to make it even better!

pisces
05-14-2005, 10:49 AM
It's good because of the proximity to GCH and that special entrance.

Something is always better than nothing, and I'd rather see DCA, rather than blank space, or another parking lot.

It's bad because they won't spend any money to liven up some of the trouble spots, or do heavier theming and atmosphere in places.

It's failed to live up to its potential. They say they don't get the attendance to justify expenditures. It's a vicious circle/cycle. They don't get the attendance because they haven't made the investment....vice versa.

Cancelling the EP, will only make things worse, as there have been several people who said that was a major selling point, and a draw for DCA.

SCUBAbe
05-14-2005, 10:59 AM
good:
TOT, screamin, soarin, muhalland, sun wheel, wharf cafe, wide paths, the car rhat drives around playinf music, beer teuck, full bar, animation studio, realxed fun atmosphere....and I'm sure there is much ...more like the hotel that leads right into the park. :)

bad:
lack of shade, btut hat will change when the trees grow..:)

Disney Vault
05-14-2005, 11:15 AM
It's bad because they won't spend any money to liven up some of the trouble spots, or do heavier theming and atmosphere in places.

Cancelling the EP, will only make things worse, as there have been several people who said that was a major selling point, and a draw for DCA.

I think this will be changing. There is a plan to fix up the backlot before the new Monsters Inc ride opens. And then there are plans to enhance other areas of the park.

And did I miss something. When was the electric parade canceled? It was a really nice addition to DCA imo.

Hakuna Makarla
05-14-2005, 11:26 AM
I LOVE DCA!!
I think its all good and nothing bad about it. I enjoy the openess of it, I think its themed fine and well I lke it better then Disneyland in several ways( l love disneyland to don't get me wrong) But I lke the breath! I like to walk and not get steped on, I like the bugs land for the kids ( my kids loved it! ) and the water part there is so cooling on a hot day for the kids to play in!
I love tot, maliboomer, the coaster, grizzly, man there are lots of things there and well I love it all !

sediment
05-14-2005, 12:02 PM
I'll answer both:
1. DCA is bad because expectations were set too high (by Disney).
2. DCA is good expectations were set too low (by online community).

merlinjones
05-14-2005, 01:32 PM
DCA Good:

Soarin'
Art of Animation
Aladdin
Tower of Terror

DCA Neutral:

Screamin'
Grizzly River Run
A Bug's Life
Muppets
Uncrowded conditions
Some of the Hollywood facades
Bug Kiddieland design
Hiking Trail

DCA Bad

Layout of park
Design of Park
Immersion of park
Atmosphere
Synthesized carny music
Theme of park
Business intent of park
Carnival
Carny games
View from lower priced restaurants
Plaza
Entrance
Mural
Art direction
No weenies
Route 66
Bear Mountain
California Dreams
Empty facades
Decor on drop ride
Hyperion "lobby"
Short bug kiddie rides
Playhouse Disney
Power lines
The Hilton
Coco's
Not enough to do
No sights on main drag
Farm
Tortilla Factory
Winery Film
Codor Flats sign
"This way to Bear Mountain" sign
Condor Flats design
Burned-up Tower on horizon

Wendi
05-14-2005, 01:42 PM
GOOD:

California Screamin'
Soarin' Over California
GCH Special Passageway
Stretching Room
Animation Building
Grizzly River Run
Sun Wheel
Good shopping
Electrical Parade

BAD:

Not much shade yet
Seems like I have to walk very far to get where I'm going (although I know I walk more in DL)

coronado_g
05-14-2005, 02:48 PM
Let's face it... DCA is fun. It's cute. It's clean. It's safe. It's a really nice way to spend a day. But you wouldn't want to LIVE there...not like you would want to LIVE at Disneyland. Disneyland is Number #1 and why would I want it any other way?

merlinjones
05-14-2005, 03:20 PM
>>DCA is fun. It's cute. <<

You think?

disNeytEen
05-17-2005, 02:47 PM
ummm, how can a park be cute?, is it cute like a new puppy or like some picture you drew for your parents in 3rd grade.

That is true that in DCA you seem to walk further, especially when your in the backlot, that could be because DCA has open walkways, and not that much scenery or trees, and the rides aren't congested into small areas like at DCA, i mean to walk through Adventure land and then make that hop over to New Orleans Square is so crowded, and to navigate that part with a stroller is quite the feat.