PDA

View Full Version : Great new shows - but the crowds!

merlinjones
05-14-2005, 08:47 AM
Wow. The parade and the fireworks and the Steve Martin movie were all wonderful additions to the park - my first time with these yesterday. But the 50th crowds...!!!

They had better get some of those old Tomorrowland rides up and running again real fast, and maybe CBJ too, or Golden Horseshoe Revue for that matter, because I have no idea how they will be able to handle crowd control come Summer or Christmas. Maybe take away as many FastPass units as possible.

They will desperately need dispersion throughout the park - - and more to do.

Disney Vault
05-14-2005, 10:06 AM
Is the 50th exibit really popular right now? I was hoping it would be.

merlinjones
05-14-2005, 11:58 AM
I went twice and it was only about 2/3 full. People seemed to really like the film both times, ending in applause - - they just have to be routed in there as they are used to ignoring that space.

mkcbunny
05-14-2005, 03:08 PM
We just came home today and also saw the 50th exhibit/movie yesterday. We watched it once at about 8:35 a.m., after the gates opened but before rope-drop. There were only about twenty people in the theater, so this was a great time to see the entry-way exhibits.

At the end of the movie, there's a montage of photos, which appear to be Guest pics like the ones used for the photo collages about the park. Imagine my shock when one of them flew by and it looked like me and my friend!

Well, we HAD to see the movie again, just to confirm about the picture, so we went at night, after the fireworks, killing some time before the second Fantasmic! show. That particular showing was jam-packed with people flooding in from the fireworks. So it was harder to see the exhibits. That said, the movie was more fun with a full theater. But if you want some peace in there to peruse the displays, a.m. is better. And I would guess a weekday, vs a weekend, as well.

Oh, and we asked at the music/movie shop whether the 50th movie with Steve Martin was available to purchase [DVD, VHS], and the CM said "Not yet, but they might still do it." Whatever that implies. Anyway, maybe after more people have seen it in the park they will release it for home-viewing purchase.

I Heart Disneyland!
05-14-2005, 03:09 PM
Is the 50th exibit really popular right now? I was hoping it would be.

We went in on Mother's Day (our last day at DL for vacation) at about 10 pm and we were 2 of about 20 in there. It was cute, but, I enjoyed the displays outside the theatre more than the Steve Martin and Donald Duck movie.

Disney Vault
05-14-2005, 05:17 PM
How long is the movie? I am not sure if it sounds like something I would want to buy if they made it available. Unless it was on a DVD with a bunch of other DL 50th things.

mkcbunny
05-14-2005, 05:20 PM
How long is the movie? I am not sure if it sounds like something I would want to buy if they made it available. Unless it was on a DVD with a bunch of other DL 50th things.
It's about 20 minutes, maybe a bit less. I was interested solely for personal reasons, e.g. my picture in the montage. But I figured that others might wonder, as well.

Maybe they could combine it with something else, or perhaps include it on uppcoming DVD releases as an extra feature. But there's not much incentive to do so until after the anniversary celebration is over, as they would want it to be a park exclusive during that time.

I Heart Disneyland!
05-14-2005, 06:54 PM
When in the world will we find out if they used our photos in the collages around the park? I checked email every day that I was in So Cal, which was 10 days, and I saw a ton of the collages, but, never got an email! Grump!

Disney Vault
05-14-2005, 06:54 PM
When in the world will we find out if they used our photos in the collages around the park? I checked email every day that I was in So Cal, which was 10 days, and I saw a ton of the collages, but, never got an email! Grump!
Before the month is over is what I keep hearing.