PDA

View Full Version : Big Family Christmas Eve reunion... Help Please

dra_rosie_k
05-14-2005, 06:22 AM
We are planning a family gathering at DL for Christmas Eve this year. The first two generations are staying at the Grand Californian and the last two generations are staying at the Embassy Suites South (any comments on this hotel for families of 6??).

There will be 11 children ages 1-12 and 19 adults. In the past (non-DL trips)we typically book a private room for Christmas Eve dinner and presents. :D

Are there any locations at DL or in the hotels where we could do this? We want to do an early dinner so that we can go back to the parks for the fireworks and parades.

Since I'm the Disney nut of the family (and everyone meeting there was my idea :-) I get to do all the planning.

Any suggestions on any aspects of this trip??? :confused:

Thanks!

Shortiemetoo
05-14-2005, 09:01 AM
I remember last year, everyone talking about the fabulous Christmas trees you could order to have in your room at the DL hotel. I would check and see if you can do that at Grand Californian. I would check with Embassy suites to see if they have a private room large enough for the whole family. Otherwise you may be able to get a banquet type room at Mimi's or another one of the nearby restaurants!!
Wow I hope you have a wonderful time and good luck with all the planning!! It will be a holiday you will never forget!!!! All the Disney magic, your family and Christmas! I'm all goose bumpy for you!!!!

Wendi
05-14-2005, 03:20 PM
Check with Storyteller's Cafe about a dinner. They may be able to set you up, but I'm not sure if they'll be able to do it on a very high traffic night... they are very good about making special arrangements for parties though!

rentayenta
05-14-2005, 03:22 PM
I would take advantage of Vacation Planning offered for guests staying at one of the DLR hotels.

vacationplanning@disneyonline.com

They will be able to tell you what's available and what your options are.

Drince88
05-15-2005, 04:48 AM
The Grand Californian has some conference-type rooms, and I'm sure they could cater something in there for you --- it might be a pretty penny, but might be a little less crowded than a room in a restaurant. (And then again, it might not be too high of a prices, since there aren't many conferences on Christmas Eve, you might be able to get a good price.)

dra_rosie_k
05-16-2005, 05:41 AM
Thanks for all your suggestions. I'll try them all :)

stan4d_steph
05-16-2005, 05:48 AM
You might inquire at one of the Patina Group restaurants in Downtown Disney. I don't think any of the DL restaurants have private rooms, but I'm not sure about Catal, Tortilla Jo's or Naples in DTD. There's also House of Blues and Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen.