PDA

View Full Version : Golden Ears and other golden items

Pages : [1] 2

MyBeast
05-14-2005, 12:41 AM
As of this morning I heard that resort wide we are sold out of the gold nametags and golden eared antenna balls. I know in DCA as of 7pm tonight we are sold out of all adult and youth gold ears. So if you guys see things you like that are 50th anniversary, buy them when you see them.

I Heart Disneyland!
05-14-2005, 01:11 AM
As of this morning I heard that resort wide we are sold out of the gold nametags and golden eared antenna balls. .

I LOVE the gold ear antenna balls! I bought 2 last weekend. And also a pair of gold ears for myself. :) Thanks for the heads up!

AaronInCal
05-14-2005, 01:34 AM
Well I can say that those very nice, all-leather jackets they have are selling very well, in spite of the warm weather! Took me several tries to find my size, even checking all the stores which were selling them (Clothiers, Showcase, Greetings from California in DCA, and World of Disney). They are $385 and SO nice! I can't wait till it cools off again so I can wear it! :D

sunfun94
05-14-2005, 01:38 AM
I would like to get my hands on quite a few items..but ya know that pesky thing they want in return...money...yeah, gotta wait a bit to go on a shoppin spree! :)
However in the meantime, I would like to get one of the name tags...I guess I will be waiting a bit though! :)

Ulysses
05-14-2005, 07:56 AM
Adult and youth gold ears are sold out resort wide, and the infant size will be most likely sold out over the weekend (if they weren't last night; it was looking iffy). There will be more of all sizes next week.

If your trip will be ruined without the gold ears, you can call mail order to get them. 1-800-DELIVEARS. Yes, you can still get names. Yes, you have to pay for shipping.

And please, don't take it out on the CMs in the hat shops. They don't order the merchandise, they just sell it. And no, you CAN'T BUY THE ONE IN THE DISPLAY CASE. It isn't a large anyway, trust us.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-14-2005, 08:47 AM
Glad we got our ears on March 15, and picked up our gold name badges on May 6th.
If anyone would like to pick up 2 antenna balls for me, I would LOVE them. I didn't get them in the morning of the 5th and they were no where to be found when I was on my shopping spree later that day! ANYONE! PLEASE!!

The Mouse Is Back
05-14-2005, 10:32 AM
I'd like to know who the genius is who has been chronically under-ordering seasonal and special event stock at DL. Several CMs, as well as friends in Florida, have confirmed that this doesn't happen at WDW.

-Allegra-

Aussie MouseFan
05-14-2005, 08:07 PM
after talking to a CM on Thursday (in relation to no Gold ears anywhere in the resort - btw, got mine on the 5th) they said between 250,000 and 500,000 were in stock on the 1st of May, which IMO seems like a reasonable amount to have on hand.

So I would be guessing it wasnt a matter of under ordering, more a case of not realising just how popular they would be. (FYI, the person in front of my group at the Mad Hatter near Main Street purchased 25 sets of ears, all with family names to put on, and the CM was so quick and polite embroidering them all, she would do 3-4 for the customer with the large order, then do 3-4 other customers ears, win win by all counts)

melmel
05-14-2005, 08:26 PM
I talked to a CM at the Mad Hatter on Main Street, who said adult gold ears would not be in until May 20.

The Mouse Is Back
05-14-2005, 09:03 PM
after talking to a CM on Thursday (in relation to no Gold ears anywhere in the resort - btw, got mine on the 5th) they said between 250,000 and 500,000 were in stock on the 1st of May, which IMO seems like a reasonable amount to have on hand.

So I would be guessing it wasnt a matter of under ordering, more a case of not realising just how popular they would be. (FYI, the person in front of my group at the Mad Hatter near Main Street purchased 25 sets of ears, all with family names to put on, and the CM was so quick and polite embroidering them all, she would do 3-4 for the customer with the large order, then do 3-4 other customers ears, win win by all counts)

Actually, I don't think that was a reasonable amount at all. Considering even the usual off-season daily attendance at the Park - let alone the spike on May 3, 4 and 5 - they needed to be re-ordering that amount, or better yet, ordering a MUCH larger quantity in the first place.

BTW, the info about DLR never having nearly enough stock of special event and seasonal items came primarily from CMs in merchandising. We have been at DL before major holidays, and the seasonal stock has already disappeared. Apparently, this is not the case at WDW.

Hence my question about *who* is responsible for ordering and stocking these types of items at DLR, specifically.

And thanks to Ulysses for reminding me about DELIVEARS - I think a call to them is in my immediate future. :p

-Allegra-

SteveK
05-14-2005, 09:05 PM
As of this morning I heard that resort wide we are sold out of the gold nametags and golden eared antenna balls. I know in DCA as of 7pm tonight we are sold out of all adult and youth gold ears. So if you guys see things you like that are 50th anniversary, buy them when you see them.

Disneyland and DCA did not have the antenna balls last week while World of Disney had quite a few. I would check there.
-Steve

melmel
05-14-2005, 09:06 PM
PS, you guys. Don't leave Golden Ears on your dashboard or along the back of your car. The ear portion WILL MELT IN THE SUN. Found this out the hard way today. Wonder if I can get a refund. :(

I Heart Disneyland!
05-14-2005, 09:11 PM
I know MouseShoppe used to have the gold ears. Anyone know if they still do? If so, maybe some of you can get them that way. :)

I Heart Disneyland!
05-14-2005, 09:13 PM
PS, you guys. Don't leave Golden Ears on your dashboard or along the back of your car. The ear portion WILL MELT IN THE SUN. Found this out the hard way today. Wonder if I can get a refund. :(

I won't even put my gold ears antenna ball on my car for fear it will be stolen!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Can I get the antenna ball from Delivears? Anyone have the contact information?

mkcbunny
05-14-2005, 11:13 PM
Gold ears are back.

We bought a pair this morning [Saturday, May 14th]. On Friday, late afternoon, we were told they were out of stock, but we also saw a huge line on Main St at closing and wondered if they had restocked the mouse ears late Friday night. In any event, there were plenty of adult ears this morning. We saw NO antenna balls. I did not even know they existed until I saw this board.

bradk
05-14-2005, 11:23 PM
Can I get the antenna ball from Delivears? Anyone have the contact information?

800-362-4533

MyBeast
05-14-2005, 11:31 PM
We haven't gotten ours at DCA yet. I heard today that Mad Hatter on Main Street was the only one that has them. And Gold nametags are coming back in today or tomorrow. YAY. And a note on the quantity of gold ears - if both parks have a total of like 50k people in a day (most in Disneyland of course) and lets say 20k buy them, within like 2 weeks all are sold out. Plus there are back stock for hatwriters who may mess up on them. Definitely need lots more.

AaronInCal
05-15-2005, 01:34 AM
Does anyone remember when first talk of the Golden Mickey Ears came around, they were supposed to be only $10 for the adult size? I think the AP newsletter/calendar also said that. But when they actually went on sale, they were $13.95? Looks like Disney realized how popular they would be and upped the price a tad.. Greedy, or smart move?? haha :D

Aussie MouseFan
05-15-2005, 01:39 AM
I paid $11.50 for my adult ears... last week

dws_60
05-15-2005, 04:56 AM
hi
will there be golden ears for july 22? after the 50th week end ... now im kinda worried they will be all out of stock... do they sell them at world of disney also with the names on them? and r the autograph/photos album with pen worth the purchase?
Thanks
David

bradk
05-15-2005, 06:22 AM
i don't know where the $13.95 figure came from, but you are right. only it's worse than that. originally, the price WAS lower (i.e., disney was selling them for less than their current price). the price was raised after a short while.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-15-2005, 08:16 AM
I just looked on mine that I bought on March 15th, the day they came out and the price tag says $10!! They must have raised the price when the demand went up!
Thanks for the number for Delivears.
We couldn't get the gold name badges on the 5th, but on the 6th when we were at DCA we found them stashed in a corner at Enginears. They also had them at Route 66 shop, where we had to go to get them engraved.

mkcbunny
05-15-2005, 01:03 PM
We haven't gotten ours at DCA yet. I heard today that Mad Hatter on Main Street was the only one that has them. And Gold nametags are coming back in today or tomorrow. YAY. And a note on the quantity of gold ears - if both parks have a total of like 50k people in a day (most in Disneyland of course) and lets say 20k buy them, within like 2 weeks all are sold out. Plus there are back stock for hatwriters who may mess up on them. Definitely need lots more.
We got ours yesterday at World of Disney in Downtown Disney, but of course if you want them embroidered you have to bring them inside the park to do so. Have they run out again since yesterday morning? Ours are adult size, but they also had Youth sizes available then.

MyBeast
05-15-2005, 01:44 PM
Does anyone remember when first talk of the Golden Mickey Ears came around, they were supposed to be only $10 for the adult size? I think the AP newsletter/calendar also said that. But when they actually went on sale, they were $13.95? Looks like Disney realized how popular they would be and upped the price a tad.. Greedy, or smart move?? haha :D

Adult ears are 11.50, Youth and infant are 10.50