PDA

View Full Version : Cast Member blockouts

DisneyBob
05-13-2005, 10:32 PM
One of the benefits of working at Disneyland is free admission to the parks... But do the cast members have blockout dates too? For example, on a busy Saturday like tomorrow, will cast members have the privilege to enter the park?

WITron
05-13-2005, 10:46 PM
When I was a CM, this was in the early 90's, there were only a few blockout dates. They were July 4th and New Year's eve. I am not sure if this has changed or not.

sunfun94
05-13-2005, 11:37 PM
One of the benefits of working at Disneyland is free admission to the parks... But do the cast members have blockout dates too? For example, on a busy Saturday like tomorrow, will cast members have the privilege to enter the park?

Go to the Cast Portal and they will list dates for you that are blacked out...

bluepearl
05-14-2005, 12:21 AM
When I was a CM, this was in the early 90's, there were only a few blockout dates. They were July 4th and New Year's eve. I am not sure if this has changed or not.
The one time I went to the park on a July 4th as a CM, my friend and I had to get our tickets from a Main Entrance lead. I don't know if it was technically a blockout day for CMs but we had no problems otherwise. It didn't even occur to me that it could be a potential blackout day.

MyBeast
05-14-2005, 12:39 AM
From what I know - Cast members themselves can enter 365 days of the year. Our main gate passes and/or silver passes have blockout dates on them including major holidays and such

sunfun94
05-14-2005, 01:22 AM
From what I know - Cast members themselves can enter 365 days of the year. Our main gate passes and/or silver passes have blockout dates on them including major holidays and such

thats the impression I was under as well! :D

AB29
05-14-2005, 07:02 AM
CM's get blocked out more and more each year....we are blocked out over July 4, and again from July 16-Aug. 21....then again over thanksgiving....then every weekend in December and totally blocked for the rest of the Christmas season until after the New Years weekend is over.

evrythngwmn
05-14-2005, 07:34 AM

That is correct. Cast Members themselves are rarely blocked out. Only time I can recall was for the premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean. Our Main gate passes do get blocked out quite extensively at DL more and more each year.

sediment
05-14-2005, 08:11 AM
Um, all Disney employees are "cast members." If you are referring to Disneyland cast members, then please be specific.

SilverStyle
05-14-2005, 08:45 AM
Yep, we can usually go in no problem, however we were blocked out on the 4th. Other wise we have block out dates when the park is most busy. Its nice perk we get, also works at WDW also

MyBeast
05-14-2005, 09:04 AM
Um, all Disney employees are "cast members." If you are referring to Disneyland cast members, then please be specific.

Considering this is a Disneyland topic and we're discussing Disneyland cast members in other posts, one would think its pretty obvious which cast members are being spoken about.

sediment
05-14-2005, 12:06 PM
Considering this is a Disneyland topic and we're discussing Disneyland cast members in other posts, one would think its pretty obvious which cast members are being spoken about.
It was confusing to me. I guess I'll just have to learn how to read.