PDA

View Full Version : New DL DVD is only 2 minutes long!?

Pages : [1] 2

DisneyBubbles
05-13-2005, 03:48 PM
About a month ago I went to the Disneyland Resort page and ordered their new DVD. Well it arrived the other night and we were so excited and we popped it in the DVD player and ........................it doesnt work!!!!!

Well, what happens is that this 2 minute or less show plays showing a over view of DL Resort and that's it!! Nothing else. We hit menu and that is all there was on there!! We are so upset. :mad:

Did anyone else get a dud also?

Hakuna Makarla
05-13-2005, 03:49 PM
yep 2 minutes, blink and its over :rolleyes:

Disney Vault
05-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Are you serious yours is 2 minutes? The one I have is 8 minutes long. And you really can't complain because it was free.

DisneyBubbles
05-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Wait. So everybody got the same 2 minute DVD??? I thought ours was just broken and I was going to order another one but I can't even find the link to order one on the DL site any longer.

As for it being free....well so is the one for WDW and that one is great. It is very entertaining, full of information about all the parks, dining, hotels, rides etc....and not 2 minutes long. :rolleyes:

Disneynerd
05-13-2005, 04:15 PM
I think something might be wrong with your dvd. Mine is 8 minutes long. I'm sorry!

DangerMouse
05-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Mine is 8 minutes as well. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but I'm glad they at least offered something for DL! :D

nsyncitnd1787
05-13-2005, 07:14 PM
i think i got one of the 8 min. ones. i thought i was the only one disappointed. i was expecting something like the last VHS that was given out. that one was actually very informative. gosh, i hope they make a better one before the 50th's over. maybe they did a breif overview of everything before Monsters Inc. and the subs were going to open. hopefully, there will be a second one that includes the MI ride.

hlbtimes2
05-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Mine is 8 minutes. But, I was really hoping for more. The old video offered much more information.

Wendi
05-13-2005, 09:35 PM
I was just happy to find mine in the mailbox today... haven't watched it yet though.

Alpha1mom
05-14-2005, 04:20 AM
I emailed DL and aked why it was taking so long to get the video in the mail and I was told that it was NO LONGER AVAILABLE!

yellowrosedtxn
05-14-2005, 07:04 AM
Mine was 8 minutes long too but if you will go to http://www.disney50.com/cd you can order a planning kit for DL. When you first go there, it looks like it is for WDW only, but scroll down towards the bottom and you can order one for the DLR.

Also, if you go to: Otherwise, mousesavers.com has it under their Disney Freebies section and the URL is https://secure.disney.go.com/dlr/vpk/vpiIndex You should be able to order it from there.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-14-2005, 08:57 AM
About a month ago I went to the Disneyland Resort page and ordered their new DVD. Well it arrived the other night and we were so excited and we popped it in the DVD player and ........................it doesnt work!!!!!

Well, what happens is that this 2 minute or less show plays showing a over view of DL Resort and that's it!! Nothing else. We hit menu and that is all there was on there!! We are so upset. :mad:

Did anyone else get a dud also?

Mine is 8 minutes.

experiment626
05-14-2005, 10:09 AM
https://secure.disney.go.com/dlr/vpk/vpiIndex is the 8 minute sneak peek at the Disneyland Resort 50th Anniversary celebration. It wasn't billed as a planning video, that is just what we all expected. I know I did.

My guess on http://www.disney50.com/cd is that you will get the WDW planning DVD that includes the same 8 minute segment that is on the Disneyland only DVD.

Disney Vault
05-14-2005, 10:09 AM
Mine was 8 minutes long too but if you will go to http://www.disney50.com/cd you can order a planning kit for DL. When you first go there, it looks like it is for WDW only, but scroll down towards the bottom and you can order one for the DLR.

Do you have the planning kit yet? Is it very good and what is included with it?

Wendi
05-14-2005, 02:50 PM
Ok, we watched ours today (in fact, Max made me replay it over and over again) it's 8:08, but we watched it for at least 40 minutes straight...

Disney Vault
05-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Ok, we watched ours today (in fact, Max made me replay it over and over again) it's 8:08, but we watched it for at least 40 minutes straight...
Never thought of doing that. Just watch it over and over and then you have a longer vacation planning video :p

yellowrosedtxn
05-14-2005, 07:00 PM
My guess on http://www.disney50.com/cd is that you will get the WDW planning DVD that includes the same 8 minute segment that is on the Disneyland only DVD.

If you go to that site, and you scroll down a bit you will see the following question:

If you are interested in a DisneylandŽ vacation, please answer the following:

From there you can order the Disneyland Vacation Planning Kit. Will it have more than the 8 minutes of the Happiest Celebration DVD? I don't know, but I will have mine in 2 -3 weeks and I will be able to tell you.

experiment626
05-14-2005, 07:28 PM
Where do you see it mention a "planning kit" for Disneyland? All I see is the top header mention a WDW planning kit, which includes planning DVD which has a Disneyland segment. I see it mention being ineterested in a Disneyland vacation, but nothing about a planning kit for Disneyland.

I saw this new/different link a few days ago on another board and ordered just to see but my guess is that what we get is the WDW planning "kit" DVD

yellowrosedtxn
05-14-2005, 07:39 PM
I posted this in a different thread. Hope it explains it.

I just looked in this CD I bought from Target called Disney's Happiest Celebration on Earth. Inside the cover they had a website to request an actual vacation kit for Disneyland - not like the Celebration one like everyone ordered. It says:

Our free celebration information kit makes it easy to join the Happiest Celebration on Earth. It's our biggest celebration ever, honoring 50 years of Theme Park magic and Disneyland, the park that started it all. See all the new attractions, shows and surprises at both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort. It's everything you need to get the celebration started.

To order, call 1-800-515-8876 or visit disney50.com/cd

It will probably work that way, but I put in http://www.disney50.com/cd

When I first went to that website all I could see was "Disney World Resort" but if you scroll down you will find the Disneyland stuff. I looked at the cover of the DVD that we got in the mail last week and compared it with the picture in this CD and they were different. And this one says an information kit. Now it is supposed to be sent within 2 - 3 weeks.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this with you all.

Mark Goldhaber
05-14-2005, 08:47 PM
That'll get you the 8:08 DVD, too. Mine just came in.

Grendel's Mother
05-15-2005, 07:06 AM
I just looked in this CD I bought from Target called Disney's Happiest Celebration on Earth.

So how long is the one you bought from Target?

I just got the 8 minute DVD in the mail yesterday from DLR. I also have an older VCR tape that I bought on ebay that is MUCH better, maybe 20 minutes or so.

experiment626
05-15-2005, 09:10 AM
I looked at the cover of the DVD that we got in the mail last week and compared it with the picture in this CD and they were different. .
Does it look like this cover seen here? (https://secure.disney.go.com/wdw/myVacation/vpk?id=VPKPage)

And after being disapointed with the last DVD, I am looking at the wording a lot closer. It still doesn't say a DISNEYLAND planning kit. It says a Happiest Celebrations Planning Kit. Yes it will include an 8 minute segement on DL, but the bulk of it will be WDW, I am sure. :crying:

yellowrosedtxn
05-15-2005, 09:33 AM
I'll look at the cd that I got, take a picture and upload it somewhere. Then you can see what I saw.

sleepyjeff
05-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Mine is also about 8 minutes long but if you count how much of those 8 minutes actually show Disneyland and not DCA, WDW, TDL, PDL, HKDL, etc. it comes to about 2 - 3 minutes :mad: ..........but it was free and is still pretty cool :cool:

bradk
05-15-2005, 10:05 AM
well consider all yourselves lucky. i ordered mine on 4/3 (i think) and never got it.