PDA

View Full Version : If you could get rid of one ride what would it be?

Pages : [1] 2 3

GrimGrinninGhost
05-13-2005, 10:55 AM
There alot of rides at both DL and DCA that i would love to get rid of...But one, one they have to get of. and that would be (i cant remember the name) but that stupid movie with Whoopi Goldberg at DCA....Please the show stinks

mystycalchyk
05-13-2005, 11:01 AM
Then dont go. I know alot of people quite enjoy it. :|

its called Golden Dreams BTW

dlandnut
05-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Roger Rabbit in Toon Town or Winnie the Pooh in Bear Country. :)

nursemelis374
05-13-2005, 11:06 AM
I must admit I am a fan of Golden Dreams, I even stated it as such when I got in the hotseat at millionaire. What I could do without is Playhouse Disney at DCA and Winnie the Pooh at DL.

GrimGrinninGhost
05-13-2005, 11:12 AM
I didnt know that many people enjoyed it, i just think they could tear down that area from golden dreams to GGR and build another ride, Like a Mountain ride or something... Its just plain and boring as far as the landscape goes

Opus1guy
05-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Can I name the Park I'd like them to get rid of?

;)

keschy
05-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Winnie the pooh and Roger Rabbit.

Doodle Duck
05-13-2005, 11:32 AM
As we see with Disneyland...getting rid of old things (People Mover) to make new things (Rocket Rods) is not always the right move. Why get rid of anything unless it is widely hated...costs too much to maintain or is dangerous? Why replace when you can ADD ? Country Bears removed for Pooh? There was room for Pooh to be built.

I don't care for Golden Dreams but so what? There is plenty of room for new things without tearing down previous things that many people enjoy...

If interested in such stuff, like things that almost were and things replaced and why...take a look at the new 50th book: "Disneyland Then Now And Forever. It's a gem. (Like pictures of casey Jr. as DL's First Thrill coaster!)

As to Playhouse...I like Puppet shows and the little kids really enjoy this show and it's well attended...why remove it? For what point? Same with Golden Dreams...a new movie maybe...(just like Muppets 3-D needs a new movie) to keep it fresh.

When the hundredth birthday rolls around...I hope some of you younger padders have many rides that 'hung in there' like us older padders do.

At least you didn't call fopr the elimination of Mr. Toad and Casey Jr!!! :fez:

Add...always add...or there will be rumors of retro changes back to what should have been LEFT alone...such as People Mover and actual rebuilds like the Subs.

Doug

wenderella
05-13-2005, 12:01 PM
I must be crazy...I actually enjoy Winnie the Pooh...Roger Rabbit's Okay.
My vote is Star Tours. It gives me the biggest headache. Besides...it is such an old "flick". Maybe if it was updated and refurbed. Maybe?

Rhiannon8404
05-13-2005, 12:13 PM
I would definitley vote off Star Tours in DL. The thing is just old. I can't really think of anything I'd get rid of at DCA.

Mommy2NicknMax
05-13-2005, 12:13 PM
Maybe put something over in the Big Thunder Ranch area. It seems to me that Frontierland is so dead.

T&Rshep
05-13-2005, 12:50 PM
I think star tours is being updated, so it won't be old for too long. I could stand to see "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" go. Yes, it's better than captain EO but it would be even better if disney brought Philharmagic to DL. I just saw it at WDW and it was awsome.

Powerslave
05-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Honey I shrunk the audience should be nixed and fast. Bad bad attraction.

AmandasDad
05-13-2005, 12:51 PM
This is a question I'd expect to see over at MiceAge rather than here at MousePlanet. More cynical. If you post it there you'll get a better response.

Rhiannon8404
05-13-2005, 01:01 PM
Honey I shrunk the audience should be nixed and fast. Bad bad attraction.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about HISTA. Yeah, it needs to go.

disney jones
05-13-2005, 01:03 PM
shouldn't this thread be entitled

"Besides Innoventions, if you could get rid of one one ride, what would it be?" :p

but since its not, Innoventions. but Golden Dreams is a good choice too - its too bad - both are in nice buildings who's only current redeeming quality is that they're both air-conditioned.

Captain Josh
05-13-2005, 01:07 PM
Personally, I'd like to see the apparently un-wanted at WDW originial Alien Encounter come over....

Disneynerd
05-13-2005, 01:58 PM
As we see with Disneyland...getting rid of old things (People Mover) to make new things (Rocket Rods) is not always the right move. Why get rid of anything unless it is widely hated...costs too much to maintain or is dangerous? Why replace when you can ADD ? Country Bears removed for Pooh? There was room for Pooh to be built.

I don't care for Golden Dreams but so what? There is plenty of room for new things without tearing down previous things that many people enjoy...

If interested in such stuff, like things that almost were and things replaced and why...take a look at the new 50th book: "Disneyland Then Now And Forever. It's a gem. (Like pictures of casey Jr. as DL's First Thrill coaster!)

As to Playhouse...I like Puppet shows and the little kids really enjoy this show and it's well attended...why remove it? For what point? Same with Golden Dreams...a new movie maybe...(just like Muppets 3-D needs a new movie) to keep it fresh.

When the hundredth birthday rolls around...I hope some of you younger padders have many rides that 'hung in there' like us older padders do.

At least you didn't call fopr the elimination of Mr. Toad and Casey Jr!!! :fez:

Add...always add...or there will be rumors of retro changes back to what should have been LEFT alone...such as People Mover and actual rebuilds like the Subs.

DougToo bad Disneyland is so landlocked. I don't think it's possible to build something new without getting rid of something old. If I HAD to choose perhaps replace HISTA and/or Star Tours.

pisces
05-13-2005, 02:22 PM
Autopia !!!! It's just driving with nothing much to see. I'm not sure what the objective for that ride is. If they went rip-roarin fast, with wild turns and such----- true bumper cars, that'd be interesting.

But, the way it is now.......

I really think they need to convert it into a more Grand Prix, racing type ride.

disNeytEen
05-13-2005, 02:38 PM
My vote would have to go to Autopia as well i just don't see the point of going a controlled pace, on a controlled track. But i guess little kids like it, and the theming is kinda cool. But i would like to see it updated and the middle bars down the lines gone so you can go how you want to go and gas carts go faster then those crappy carts.

Mukta
05-13-2005, 02:51 PM
If Golden Dreams counts as a ride can I vote for Innoventions?

Hakuna Makarla
05-13-2005, 03:02 PM
NONE OF THEM!!

you see , when people like me who never went as a child and only went for the first time last year taking any ride and I mean any ride would be terrible. I see people talk about this ride or that item taken away and replaced and I think dam, I wish I got to see it. So my vote it to keep and knock down more hotels and build more rides :)

disneygurl92
05-13-2005, 03:50 PM
I have to say small world or winnie the pooh. Allthough innoventions is a waste of space.

Skunker
05-13-2005, 04:47 PM
I must be crazy...I actually enjoy Winnie the Pooh...Roger Rabbit's Okay.
My vote is Star Tours. It gives me the biggest headache. Besides...it is such an old "flick". Maybe if it was updated and refurbed. Maybe?

I thought I was the only one! I cannot ride Star Tours either, BIG headache...

Hakuna Makarla
05-13-2005, 04:48 PM
I thought I was the only one! I cannot ride Star Tours either, BIG headache...

really? I thought this ride was pretty mello, and matterhorn was much rougher