PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite 50th stuff... a conglomeration of impressions

Doodle Duck
05-13-2005, 07:57 AM
Vehicle: Casey Jr. Engine. oooooh.

Merch...Book: "Disneyland Then Now And Forever". Simply Fantastic! Don't miss this collection of photos and art.
50th Towel. A beauty!

Fireworks: In front of the Castle...**** (4 stars) Behind the Castle...***** (5 stars)
Once you've seen the whole show from the front..get in on the actual NOISE as experienced from the left of the Carousel at the rope...no music track but man oh man do you get the excitement of the booms and launches. Very cool.
Spoiler might be the actual flight path of Tink which is an Illusion from the front....that is, if she is not dangling like last night. Also last night (Thurs 13th) it seemed there was some extra pyro from the main launchers creating more of a definative Finale multi burst. (?)

Parades: DL...excellent but seemed short...needs more fill units? I liked it though. Can't wait to see it at night. Favorite float and unit, Lion King.
Impact: Something seems missing.

DCA: Block Party...Fun stuff!...hard working cast! People loved it, me too. Saw it at the 3rd stop (Golden Dreams) and there was a good size crowd assembled.

Opera House: Exhibit...Worth one 'go through'. Not what I expected, kind of dull. Movie: Donald looks great...worth a viewing...maybe 2.

Overall Attitude: WAY UP! People are back to waving at and from the Mark Twain and trains etc. Back to being the Happiest Place On Earth? You bet.

(Thanks again Matt...the Internet and you too Roy. DL back on the map.)

Doug

05-13-2005, 08:02 AM
(Thanks again Matt...the Internet and you too Roy. DL back on the map.)

We need to say that again. Thank you to all who rescued Disneyland, a national treasure in private hands.

AmandasDad
05-13-2005, 08:05 AM
Been back at work 3 days and I want to go back so dearly.

It's everything I remember through the eyes of a little kid and lots more.