PDA

View Full Version : Pixar vs. The Classics

Alpha1mom
05-13-2005, 04:12 AM
Im my humble opinion, I'd much rather see an Aladdin ride, Lion King Ride,
even maybe the "Little Mermaid" used where the submarines where rather than Little Nemo, I also don't care for "Monsters Inc" to go in at DCA.

And speaking of DCA, why Bug's Life and Muppett's???

I personally would love to see a Villian themed ride or "Fun House"

Disneyland should be that, Disney- with all the classics we all grew up with and still love.

stan4d_steph
05-13-2005, 05:30 AM
What about the movies that the younger set are "growing up with?" Those are the attractions that are going in now, including the DCA ride based on Monsters, Inc. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Alpha1mom
05-13-2005, 05:32 AM
Yea,, your probably right! =^..^=

AmandasDad
05-13-2005, 08:15 AM
I want to see a Home on the Range ride and one for Treasure Planet too.

Just kidding ;)

Little Mermaid would be good. No one ever mentions ToonTown. A good blend of the fab 5 with Roger Rabbit. Perhaps there could be some more 'hybrid' attractions like that.

mraw
05-13-2005, 08:25 AM
even maybe the "Little Mermaid" used where the submarines where rather than Little Nemo, I also don't care for "Monsters Inc" to go in at DCA.

Disneyland should be that, Disney- with all the classics we all grew up with and still love.

I agree with you. Especially since Disney is releasing these movies on dvd every year. Besides, little girls love Cinderella, and that movie hasn't been released in ten years. They still love them. All of Disney's classic characters still get enough exposure to be recognized and loved by kids that are growing up today. I didn't like Finding Nemo anyway. The plot was very generic, and has been recycled on movies, sitcoms, in books, and the like for as long as I can remember.

Disneyfun
05-13-2005, 09:56 AM
As a mother of a three year old I have seen Nemo So many times I can do the whole moive in a monologe.
With that said I am also tired of hearing form the same three year old When can we but cinderella. I Lucked out and managed to buy the Last Sleeping Beauty. It had already be returned to the "Vault" and I just lucked out and found it way in the back. So Yes for a little girl the Princess would do well. But for a boy I do not think they would enjoy it as much. The Pixar movies are more generic With the exception of hte last one. So I Think in this day pof Political correctness Diseny is afraid to gear any ride to a certain sex. Jus tmy two cents'

mystycalchyk
05-13-2005, 10:23 AM
cracks me up that Alladin, Little Mermaid and Lion King are considered 'classics'

Im old :( I still consider them 'new'

Disney Vault
05-13-2005, 03:59 PM

I agree. I still hope they can build a little mermaid ride in paradise pier.

adriennek
05-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Disneyland paid tribute to the pioneers of animation when they built rides based on "classic" movies.

The pioneers at Pixar have done amazing work in the field of computer animation while beautifully maintaining the tradition of story driven features. I think those wonderful movies should be recognized, too.

Adrienne