PDA

View Full Version : Tink Gets Stuck Tonight [May 12]

Pages : [1] 2

FantasmicFanatic
05-12-2005, 10:26 PM
About 5 feet out of the Matterhorn......STOP.....Drop about 10 feet....FREEZE! Very funny sight, kinda looked like she had just been hung (ok not funny in an evil way, funny in an OH NO! sorta way). They killed the spotlights on her as she dangled there. After about 30 seconds she started slowly being dragged across to Fantasyland. The castle pyro was scrapped until the Haunted Mansion effect as to not harm her "unscheduled flight." She did make it for her 2nd flight tho. 'Twas a funny and unique performance.

FF

RobRoz
05-12-2005, 10:31 PM
poor tink

sunfun94
05-12-2005, 10:35 PM
too much of her Tink drink...lol...j/k!

I hope Tink is ok! :)

Opus1guy
05-12-2005, 11:13 PM
Bet she's out getting dusted right now!

sdfilmcritic
05-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Bet she's out getting dusted right now!Dusted or Wasted? :rolleyes:

bradk
05-13-2005, 12:12 AM
so which of the P's in PCP stands for pixie?

sdfilmcritic
05-13-2005, 12:28 AM
so which of the P's in PCP stands for pixie?How about...

Pixies Caught Prematurely

or

Pixies Can't Parasail

melmel
05-13-2005, 12:31 AM
Now Now Now, the only castle pyro that got turned off was during the Tiki Room Sequence. As soon as Michael said, "It seems we have angered the gods with all this celebratin'" and immediately the impressive pyro effects for the Indy segment came right on. ;)

AaronInCal
05-13-2005, 01:53 AM
I saw poor Tink get stopped up there as well tonight. Right after she got stuck, she continued to be "in character" until they finally killed the lights on her and her costume. That was cool.. It was great she was able to make her second flight, and the crowd really cheered for her.

I also found it cool how they could just turn off the Castle pyro until she made it across, then resume it by the time the Indy section began. Ah, the power of computers! :D

Disneyfreak
05-13-2005, 03:43 AM
Yeah Tink got a huge applause when she came out the second time.

RStar
05-13-2005, 05:58 AM
I feel sorry for the people seeing the show for the first time. I'm going tonight to see it for the first time, and I hope evrything works well! Of course Tinks safty comes first, however.

Disneyfun
05-13-2005, 06:51 AM
I saw poor Tink get stopped up there as well tonight. Right after she got stuck, she continued to be "in character" until they finally killed the lights on her and her costume. That was cool.. It was great she was able to make her second flight, and the crowd really cheered for her.

I also found it cool how they could just turn off the Castle pyro until she made it across, then resume it by the time the Indy section began. Ah, the power of computers! :D
i heard they can controll of pyro with in 2 seconds. Incase of wind or anything. That they have complete control. I guess last night kind of proved that!

notlemc
05-13-2005, 08:22 AM
does anyone happen to have a picture of this incident? It would be great if one was posted so all of us who were not there could vicariously share this once in a lifetime event. I hope tink getting stuck does not happen to frequently from now on. That would put a damper on the show if it continuously happened.

mraw
05-13-2005, 08:36 AM

Did she get a snippy little attitude and cross her arms when she realized she couldn't go anywhere? That's what Tink would've done.

soccerlady16
05-13-2005, 08:41 AM
I went on Monday and she didn't appear at all! I really wanted to see her. It was my first time seeing the show too.

Doodle Duck
05-13-2005, 08:43 AM
She got about 10 feet from the Matterhorn...and just hung there...dangling...they turned her costume lights off....then she lowered a bit and was clutching the side of the Mountain about 10 feet below the hatch...they pulled her up....then during the main show they pulled her across the long cable to the other side for her later return...BUT...as she went across...the brilliant light from the fireworks illuminated her...so she began doing ballet type arm throws etc to look like it was all planned.

One of the CMS near the carousel was telling kids Poor Tink just ran out of Pixie Dust...understatement.

Xclipse129
05-13-2005, 11:19 AM
we saw that too... pook tink. I bet she was pretty scared... Her flight look really odd like someone pulled off a wing and she just hovered. After the spot light left her I then saw her again floating over the castle unnoticed..hehehe Oh and the other thign i noticed was 2 pyros errors. The first one lookslike i premature exploded in the background.. and another once that shot from eother petter pan or somewhere in that area and we saw a piece of the firework bonce off the castle. Looked dangerous. Some concerns. But regardless its still a great show!!!! First tiem i saw the haunted room portion in front of the plaza pavilion and it looks awesome. First time was in the hub..

The old man
05-13-2005, 11:31 AM
I thought from the title of this thread that it was a prediction of a future event.
David

Disney Vault
05-13-2005, 04:00 PM
I thought from the title of this thread that it was a prediction of a future event.
David
That would be creepy.

Opus1guy
05-13-2005, 04:42 PM
I had read here on MousePad that Tink had been experiencing ATC delays the night (or two) before our visit. So when we were there Wednesday, we wanted to make sure it wasn't a long term problem cause we didn't want to hang around for the show unless Tink was going to fly.

We went to City Hall and told them we heard Tink had a technical problem on a previous night and we wanted to know if anyone knew if she was good-to-go this night. The nice Cast Member chastised me for about a full minute for even suggesting that Tink could have any sort of technical or mechanical problem...she simply must have been feeling poorly or forgot her pixie dust! "Uh-huh. Right. Would you mind calling Entertainment anyway just to see if she found her pixie dust or is feeling better or whatever and if she's scheduled to fly tonight?"

The Cast Member called Entertainment and put the question to them the same long-way she corrected me: "I have some guests here that say Tinkerbelle didn't appear the other night because she wasn't feeling very well, and they want to know if she's feeling all better now and will fly tonight."

It was all very cute, but there was also a little impatient part of me that wanted to cut her off and say, "Ah geez...will 'ya...just gimme that darn phone!"

The trials and tribulations of life in Fantasyland!

:)

And BTW...Tink flew just magnificently!

MyBeast
05-13-2005, 07:32 PM
I had read here on MousePad that Tink had been experiencing ATC delays the night (or two) before our visit. So when we were there Wednesday, we wanted to make sure it wasn't a long term problem cause we didn't want to hang around for the show unless Tink was going to fly.

We went to City Hall and told them we heard Tink had a technical problem on a previous night and we wanted to know if anyone knew if she was good-to-go this night. The nice Cast Member chastised me for about a full minute for even suggesting that Tink could have any sort of technical or mechanical problem...she simply must have been feeling poorly or forgot her pixie dust! "Uh-huh. Right. Would you mind calling Entertainment anyway just to see if she found her pixie dust or is feeling better or whatever and if she's scheduled to fly tonight?"

The Cast Member called Entertainment and put the question to them the same long-way she corrected me: "I have some guests here that say Tinkerbelle didn't appear the other night because she wasn't feeling very well, and they want to know if she's feeling all better now and will fly tonight."

It was all very cute, but there was also a little impatient part of me that wanted to cut her off and say, "Ah geez...will 'ya...just gimme that darn phone!"

The trials and tribulations of life in Fantasyland!

:)

And BTW...Tink flew just magnificently!

We're required to keep up the magic -- thats one of the reason's why Disneyland is liked by so many.

smjoseph
05-13-2005, 09:06 PM
I saw the fireworks both Monday and Thursday, I was surprised that Tink did not show up. But was really surprised at her getting stuck. When she came on later in the show she looked great though.

PirateSmile
05-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Aw, poor Tink. Must have been thinking some really depressing thoughts for that to happen.

Darkbeer
05-13-2005, 11:17 PM
FYI, it is "Tinker Bell", no e at the end, and it is two words....

I Heart Disneyland!
05-13-2005, 11:55 PM
Dusted or Wasted? :rolleyes:

Probably both! I know I'd probably need to if I were Tink!!!