PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 5/12 Report

HorizonsA
05-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Today was an ok day, just a few things to say.

THERE ARE TWO LINES!
Most people know that at many attractions, Indiana Jones, Autopia, Small World, Thunder Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Matterhorn Bobsleds, and the Main Street Train Station that there is one line and then it breaks into two lines. Almost on every trip I make, people just can't seem to figure out that there are two lines. Today while waiting in line for Indiana Jones, I was approaching the staircase, which is where the two lines start. Both were open, yet people kept going on the left side. A Cast Member came up and announced that both lines were open. But, people just kept using the one line. So, when I finally got to the staircase, I took the empty line and lo and behold everyone started taking the right side; and it was funny to hear people in the other line get upset because they chose "the wrong line." I call it, "No, you just weren't smart enough to take the empty line!" Although I practically had to show everyone that both lines were open, once I went up the right side, everyone somehow got it into their heads that the right side was the line and the left side wasn't, so the left side became the empty line. :rolleyes:
Same thing happened with the JUngle Cruise, the CM announced on the PA and he was standing right next to us too saying that there are two lines, but even with his convincing announcement, nobody took advantage of the empty line.

One thing I never got and still don't get is a feature on Splash Mountain. At the end of the ride, there is a white projection screen that used to show the Drop Photos. Over the past refurbishment, which introduced the new logs, they managed to repair the owl that sits next to the screen to where he moves, but they didn't bother to fix the screen. So, why do they leave it there when it is obvious that it is never going to work again. New riders get confused when they see this and they wonder what the heck it is. Please Disney, take the screen down, it has no purpose now. Keep the owl, loose the screen.

The Bird Mobile in The Enchanted Tiki Room was having a little problem today. I didn't notice when I walked in the room but when I sat down I noticed the birds were still down. It's like they forgot to go up at the end of the last show. So, they sat there is silence and darkness until their number came up and then they were illuminated. But when their performance ended, it looks like the mobile attempted to go up but failed and so they again sat in silence and darkness in the middle of the room until the finale. However, they did manage to fix this problem as by late afternoon, it wa back up and running.

How come we only go through ONE of Pooh's so called Many Adventures. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh consists of The Honey Tree, Blustery Day, and Tigger Too. But we only get to travel through the Blustery Day. Why, I don't know. Doesn't make sense to me.

Sleeping Beauty Castle is so gorgeous and beautiful. You can't help but stare. When the sun hit the spires just right, it really take your breath away.

The new water effect on Pirates of the Caribbean is really cool. Jungle Cruise's new finale still makes me laugh.

And nothing exciting at DCA. I didn't even go over there. Still haven't seen Block Party Bash, but will one of these days since corwds don't seem to be a problem.

SCUBAbe
05-12-2005, 09:34 PM
it's just the herd menatality. I always try to do the opposite of the herd...:)

9oldmen
05-12-2005, 09:50 PM
it's just the herd menatality. I always try to do the opposite of the herd...
You must go to DCA a lot.

Mooshu
05-12-2005, 09:52 PM
I just got off the plane from my whirl wind 2 day stay at Disneyland...and I have to say I encountered the same "there are 2 lines" on a few rides also..but that's okay just meant that I got to the front of the line faster:D

I was really surprised with the crowds today, I think the weather made the crowds that much more unbearable. I usually like to go this time of year due to the fact that it's off season and mid week...but I forgot it's the "50th birthday bash" :p

Okay so they ran out of adult size Mickey golden ears & no 50th anniversary antenna toppers, but I did pick up a very cool 50th Anniv. pin. The castle looks sooooo nice I can't even explain it, I felt they really cleaned up and painted a lot of the worn out and tired looking attractions.

I loved the 50th Anniversary tour, Shannon our tour guide and Erin who helped our tour kept our attention with their facts and trivia questions. I like the fact that they encorporated a part of their memories and special moments into the tour. I felt that I got my money worth with the special gifts, snacks, priority seating, getting to cut to the front of the line one 3 rides and all the knowledge our guides gave us. IT WAS A GREAT TRIP!

SCUBAbe
05-12-2005, 10:23 PM
You must go to DCA a lot.

you're absolutly right. I tend to spend more time in DCA than DL on some days..:)

The Mouse Is Back
05-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Okay so they ran out of adult size Mickey golden ears & no 50th anniversary antenna toppers

Gee, I hope you mean that they ran out of them temporarily. We're going 5/23-5/25 for a little mini-vacation and my kid has her heart set on those golden Mickey ears.

-Allegra-

mcow1
05-13-2005, 04:49 AM
I haven't seen the 50th antenna toppers since early on 5/5. I eneded up buying mine from eBay.