PDA

View Full Version : Bones

DisneyFreak2000
01-22-2002, 09:16 PM
I can't believe I forgot to post this. On my last trip to Disneyland (a few weeks before X-mas) I went on IJA and saw Bones!!! I was on the left side of the car and as we went through the skeleten chamber I looked over my shoulder and saw him. I can't remember where exactly he was, but I think he was one of the ones hanging on the wall. Can anyone refresh my memory?

cemeinke
01-22-2002, 09:38 PM
He's there on thewall behind you as you enter, so you have to turn to see him. He's the first skelleton that's standing upright (as opposed to being tucked in a niche). Took awhile to spot him, but once I did I see him everytime

Now if I can only confirm if one of those swinging skeletons is really wearing a Mickey watch. That would be something ;)

bluepearl
01-22-2002, 09:54 PM
I noticed it right away, when my friend told me where to spot it. But she hasn't seen it yet! I keep telling her to look at the first upright skeleton but she hasn't been able to spot it yet. These things a really funny to point out...like the Mickey head on Soarin' Over California!

tinkfreak
01-22-2002, 10:25 PM
Okay I'm clueless. Who is Bones and what's so special about him?

cemeinke
01-22-2002, 10:27 PM
Bones is the skelleton in Indy that's wearing a Mickey Hat with his name embroidered on it (Bones)--Got to be one of the best hidden Mickeys in the park.

adriennek
01-23-2002, 01:01 PM
This is how I finally saw Bones the first time:

He's easiest to see if you sit in the left most seat in the very last row of the IJA ride vehicle. I just turned around right before we made that "first" turn inside the tunnel and stayed turned around until I saw him.

Once I sat in the "magic seat", I saw Bones right away. Now I can spot him easily from any seat.

Adrienne K

Ghoulish Delight
01-23-2002, 01:33 PM
Ah, I remember my first sighting. After hearing about it, I made sure to look on my next visit. I don't remember where I sat. All I remember is going through once and thinking "That was SOO fast, it's ridiculous. There's no WAY to see anything at that speed." But then, we happened to have time to get on again that day. The second time, I saw it plain as day. Couldn't believe it was that obvious the second time around. The funny thing is that after telling a two other people, the same thing happened. Completely missed him their first try, saw him no problem the second try.

As for the watch, I believe it's supposed to be the final skeleton in that opening skeleton room. That'd be the one that pops out of the upright coffin on the left side of the car, just before the left turn. Now, I THINK I saw a black band on this guy's left wrist once, but that may have been wishful thinking.

Ace
01-23-2002, 03:39 PM
I saw it the first time I looked....it was just there. It was the coolest thing ever.

Cadaverous Pallor
01-23-2002, 03:51 PM
I saw him once and only for a blurry moment, and have yet to see him again! I'm starting to think I never saw him at all. I'm making a concerted effort next time!

I've heard the only way to see things as tiny as the Mickey wristwatch (on both the skeleton GD described and the ship-steering skeleton on Pirates) is to bring a little flashlight with you. I've been quite tempted to do so, but I'd hate to ruin the ride for others.

cemeinke
01-23-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
I've heard the only way to see things as tiny as the Mickey wristwatch (on both the skeleton GD described and the ship-steering skeleton on Pirates) is to bring a little flashlight with you.

I wonder if the same thing can be accomplished with one of those light-up spinny things :D

Hmm Not Afraid tells me that both she and Stan4rd Steph have those small flashlights--Maybe we can get enough Mouse Padders together to take up an entire car (so we won't bother other's with our obsessive quests). The again, maybe we just accumulate enough MousePadders to sink and Indy Jeep so we get to walk out of the attraction? ;)