PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Buffet Riverside seats

lauramaynot
05-12-2005, 03:14 PM
Hey everybody,
Quick Question...Where do you go to meet for the buffet and how early do you need to be there. The reservation line told me that I had to pick up my tickets at the front gates and I did read some old posts and saw that the perk of the buffet was that you didn't need to sit for hours and wait and that you are seated according to when your reservation was made but I would like to make the logistics as simple as possible. I like to know where I am going and how I will be getting there so if anyone can help me thanks :)

scaeagles
05-12-2005, 03:25 PM
You meet a cast member near the Haunted Mansion along the River. Pretty easy to find. Be aware that you should be there to get your name on the list at about 7:00 or so because they take names in order of arrival to give the best seats - and it does make a difference. Once you sign in you can leave again until the seat about a half hour before the show.

Well worth it, IMO. We do it whenever we go.

stan4d_steph
05-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Do you have tickets for the balcony seating or riverside seating? The riverside isn't a buffet. If you have balcony seating you go to the Disney Gallery and are seated in the order that you purchased your tickets.

Chadsgal
05-12-2005, 04:27 PM
I heard that riverside did get changed to a buffet this year. The tickets are the same price now $53. I agree that 7:00 is good they do seat first come first serve.

mystycalchyk
05-12-2005, 04:40 PM
*blinks*

Where on earth would they put a buffet line down there?

Chadsgal
05-12-2005, 04:49 PM
*blinks*

Where on earth would they put a buffet line down there?

I have no Idea!! But that is what we were told. They always had the table with the coffee and stuff so may be they took out a couple seats???? :confused:

mystycalchyk
05-12-2005, 04:52 PM
so may be they took out a couple seats???? :confused:

;) doubt that. taking out a coupl o' seats means they make as much green. :p

I've never done the riverside seating, only the balcony. I sure do loves me some Fantasmic balcony though :fez:

:| OK I need to stop that...this is two threads in a row I have said "I sure do loves me some..."

arpinl
05-12-2005, 05:45 PM
I recently booked Riverside seating for Fantasmic! and was told that it was *not* buffet, but rather some pre-plated/pre-boxed affair.

bradk
05-12-2005, 08:05 PM
in theory, riverside is buffet. the problem is that they don't even approach near capacity (it tends to undersell the the balcony, even though it has room for more than twice as many people). to adjust for that, they've been known to get plated desserts as opposed to a full on buffet. i imagine if they sell enough tickets, they might offer a buffet, but i haven't actually heard of them doing that in any reports i've seen.

it used to be that riverside was actually a boxed dessert.

ken001b
05-12-2005, 08:08 PM
I have done the balcony- loved it!!! For those of you who have done both which is preferred?

caution a-head
05-12-2005, 09:27 PM
I have done the riverside viewing and hated it. It was so crowded that you couldn't see anything. I booked it because my parents where down from Idaho and I thought it would be cool for my parents to see the show. But my dad ended up standing outside the area and my mom could see anything. :crying: The next night I stood(where I stand ever weekend :) ) with my parents at fanstasmic. My mom was amazed at how much of the show she missed. I will never spend the money to sit by the River again.