PDA

View Full Version : I'm hook... [DL trip report]

hpagels
05-12-2005, 01:26 PM
Just returned from my trip to DL. My first time back after 12 years and my DS's (6 1/2) and niece's (7) first trip ever. It was the most amazing vacation EVER and I'm anxious to start planning my return.

First, thanks to everyone here, I was able to anticipate possible pitfalls and make plans with the greatest effectiveness. Thank you.

I don't have time for a full trip report, but here are the highlights.

1) Fantasmic Balcony Front row center (although all 21 seats were great), followed by a great view of the fireworks.
2) Very managable crowds all three days (Sun, Mon and Tues). No more then 15-20 minute waits for most rides (both parks). Fastpass made it easy and convenient for some of the more popular rides.
3) Got to ride the gold boat on JC.
4) Got to ride in the front of the monorail with the driver! I think it was the best part of DS's whole visit.
5) LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Remember. Saw fireworks all three night and whole show the second night. Did I mention I LOVED it?
6) Pool at DL Hotel. DS would have had as much fun riding the monorail back and forth and going down that slide at the Neverland pool all day long.

A great trip, fantastic memories and looking forward to next time.

Again, thanks to all the DL "veterans" for great advise and ideas.

Regards,
Holly :D

MrsG
05-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Sounds like you may become one of us soon! :fez:

OOOO! The gold boat. So lucky!

AmandasDad
05-12-2005, 01:55 PM
I got to ride the gold boat on Sunday morning too!