PDA

View Full Version : What a great day at the park!

Mad Madam Mim
01-22-2002, 03:32 PM
Today at DL I got to see:

Alice
The Mad Hatter
Twiddldee and Twdledum (speling? as usual)
The White Rabbit
And the Queen

ride the tea cups….

They were all in perfect character it was sooooo neat to watch. And the kids of course both on the ride and in line were just lit up.

One little boy got to ride with the Mad Hatter and Twiddle one of them? His looked like he was having the time of his life.

What a great day….... such a wonderfull thing to see, so greatful i got the chance to....

Rallymonkey23
01-22-2002, 04:54 PM
That is very surprising to me that you saw them riding a ride! That must have been soooo cool!! I always see all these pictures of characters riding rides with kids but never actually seen it in person. Maybe they were taking pictures for a new park map or something?? Did happen to notice any profesional cameras around?

EandCDad
01-22-2002, 06:55 PM
That is totally cool. Probably the next few weeks will be a good time to see characters as they will likely be out more since so many rides are closed.

Mad Madam Mim
01-23-2002, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
That is very surprising to me that you saw them riding a ride! That must have been soooo cool!! I always see all these pictures of characters riding rides with kids but never actually seen it in person. Maybe they were taking pictures for a new park map or something?? Did happen to notice any profesional cameras around?

The only cameras were in the hands of parents... It was very cool.

Little sorry Sparky had to miss it, but she had school. I went with a friend of mine who had the day off from work.

And EandC........... the place is CRAWLING with characters, they were all out and they were everywere. It was great.

I'm doing the sneek away form sparky while she is school thing again next week....:) by the time I drop her off and get to the park it is usualy around 9:00, I stay till 1:00 and then go pick her up from school. No crowds it is easy to do more in a short time, then being there all day on a busy day...:cool: Alie and I road 6 rides in 1 1/2 hours. Had lunch did DCA and left to pick up sparky by 1.

Did I mention how much fun I had yesterday......:D :D :cool:

driftwood714
01-23-2002, 02:02 PM
You'll notice that alot of times when there are numerous attractions closed, the Parks seem to ramp up on extra entertainment. Characters being the cheapest and easiest form. I love seeing the tens of characters in the park all over. When they're bored, they're always doing "stuff" they're not supposed to. Like riding rides, going into shops and other stuff like that... I saw Alice and the Mad Hatter go into City Hall once, slapping their hands on the counter and yelling (YELLING) "I HAVE A COMPLAINT! I DEMAND SATISFACTION NOW!". I heard that happens a lot from the GR CMs. My favorite is watching the characters dance to the Disneyland Band. I swear I need to take some photos of that.

downingfamily1
01-23-2002, 02:17 PM
A few years ago we were taking the kids on the carousel and the Disneyland Band joined us. It was a lot of fun, they turned off the music and the band played. It seemed like we got an extra long ride which was fine for everyone but my sister who got a little dizzy.

Cadaverous Pallor
01-23-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by downingfamily1
A few years ago we were taking the kids on the carousel and the Disneyland Band joined us. It was a lot of fun, they turned off the music and the band played.
I've seen this!!! Gosh, I never would've thought of that again if you hadn't mentioned it. Years and years ago I walked in through the castle drawbridge and saw the band going round and round on the Carousel!

Talk about magical. :)

blubayou33
01-23-2002, 04:14 PM
The band usually plays on the carousel every Sunday morning. They play a couple songs and the carousel ride time is adjusted accordingly. Alice and Co. will play a game of tag (or something of that nature) around the carousel in time to the music. It's a blast to watch.

disneynut
01-23-2002, 05:37 PM
A couple of years ago we were waiting on Main Street for the Mulan parade. We must have been just about the only people in the park. Anyways, Mickey Mouse came out and started playing tag, duck duck goose, ring around the rosies, and hide and seek with all of the really little kids. It was pretty cool. My son still talks about playing goose! with Mickey. :)

Mouse
01-23-2002, 06:30 PM
Policy changed. Since about a year ago characters were restricted from going on attractions do to "safety reasons". The funny part is the reason characters are now allowed to ride on rides once again is because park attendance is low and the characters are not in as high of demand, not do to modifications in safety policies...

Goes to show they just wanted the characters off the rides in the crowds signing autographs.

I wonder how long this policy change will last because it's been spelled out very clearly if someone (who will it be: Mad Hatter, Hook, or Goofy?) screws up (i.e. rides a ride unsafely, excessively) the privilege will be taken away again.

Gemini Cricket
01-23-2002, 08:27 PM
I know I mentioned this before on another thread but... During Disneyland's first Halloween Event, all of the villains were out. No Snow White, no Cinderella... just villains. It was something to behold. They even had rare face characters out and about talking to people. Maleficent, Wicked Queen, Cruella etc... There were a lot of goth kids out too. That was neat. :)