PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror

Pages : [1] 2

Disneyluvr
05-12-2005, 12:18 PM
How is this ride? Is it actually a ride that moves (like a roller coaster) or is it the simulated movie type thing (like Star Tours and Soarin)

Disneyfun
05-12-2005, 12:21 PM
I love this ride. It is not a rollercoaster, or simulated movie. It is an elevator. That plunges up and down. !!!
The best part is the set up!
I recomend this ride to anyone who likes a thrill ride.

Vegitabeta
05-12-2005, 12:23 PM
Boy does it move! This ride is the best! (in my opinion) The ride really does drop you 13 floors 6 times faster than gravity (faster because it pulls you down rather than just dropping you) It sounds realy scary, and it took me 5 years to actually get the courage together to go on it, but believe me, it's worth it. Ever since I went on it in August I've wanted to go on it again and again. It's not really like a rollercoaster because it takes you vertically down rather than dropping you at an angle. If you're not sure about paying it a visit, please just seize the moment, I promise it is worth it! (Unless you get sick from big rides ;) )

MR_RUBBLES
05-12-2005, 12:24 PM
Next to Soarin' this is the next best ride.

kbanmen
05-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Love this ride, it is my all time favorite.. I LOVE IT SOOOOOOOO MUCH

Disneyfun
05-12-2005, 12:34 PM
Love this ride, it is my all time favorite.. I LOVE IT SOOOOOOOO MUCH
Well NEighbor!(Fullerton too) I am right with you. I could go on this ride all the time. Problem is I have a little one and it is usaully just her and I that go. And SHe will not go on it. :(

QueenAlisha
05-12-2005, 01:11 PM
I LOVE this ride, i was so afraid to go on it that i cried, and i almost go off after i was sitting, but the other guest on the ride and the CM talked me into staying on, i am so glad i did. its so great and we had a amazing view even with the rain.

pisces
05-12-2005, 01:14 PM
I think the actual ride portion is a little too short. But, I like it as a total experience, the introduction, the architecture, the mood-theme etc..

TOT is really a scene. In 7 days, and that'd be 7 days of rain, there was never a time when TOT was walk-on. That was the only ride, I'd say, in all of Disney and DCA, that always had a crowd in front, no matter the weather, or what time of day.

Don't even think about attempting it without a fastpass.

Disneyfun
05-12-2005, 01:24 PM
I think the actual ride portion is a little too short. But, I like it as a total experience, the introduction, the architecture, the mood-theme etc..

TOT is really a scene. In 7 days, and that'd be 7 days of rain, there was never a time when TOT was walk-on. That was the only ride, I'd say, in all of Disney and DCA, that always had a crowd in front, no matter the weather, or what time of day.

The tot has differnt rides each time. My First time was the longest possible ride you could have at the time with eight drops. My second ride was only three drops. The guy next to me got off saying the ride sucked! I told himto try again. I later ran into him at the park and he had tried it and said it was much better. I have heard rumor that they are going to change the computer sequence. I am hoping this will mean they get rid of the Three drop for it really is not as good as the others.

SilverStyle
05-12-2005, 01:56 PM
Boy does it move! This ride is the best! (in my opinion) The ride really does drop you 13 floors 6 times faster than gravity (faster because it pulls you down rather than just dropping you) It sounds realy scary, and it took me 5 years to actually get the courage together to go on it, but believe me, it's worth it. Ever since I went on it in August I've wanted to go on it again and again. It's not really like a rollercoaster because it takes you vertically down rather than dropping you at an angle. If you're not sure about paying it a visit, please just seize the moment, I promise it is worth it! (Unless you get sick from big rides ;) )

LOL, no there isnt 13 floors I dont know how to use the spoiler thing.... 12 floors. You drop actually 10 floors, then plummet all the way down to the basement. Working ToT is awesome, were we as bellhops hopefully make the experience more creepy.

We are suppose to get the random drop profile next year, where they will be random profiles.

Disneyfun
05-12-2005, 02:00 PM
LOL, no there isnt 13 floors I dont know how to use the spoiler thing.... 12 floors. You drop actually 10 floors, then plummet all the way down to the basement. Working ToT is awesome, were we as bellhops hopefully make the experience more creepy.

We are suppose to get the random drop profile next year, where they will be random profiles.
Okay I am probably just stupid but wht is a Drop profile?

bradk
05-12-2005, 02:03 PM
it's a program so that the drops can vary. TOT in DLR is running old software so it has only one profile. The date I hear a lot for DLR to be upgraded is Feb 2006. WDW is already running with multiple profiles and reportedly they haven't even used most of the ones available.

GrimmGreen
05-12-2005, 02:17 PM
firstly , tower of terror?
amazing
secondly , i hear that every so often they change the pattern of how the "elevator" rises and falls?? as it stands ive got it memorized ( when it falls and rises ) dont get me wrong , i still enjoy they heck out of it... but it would be cool if they mixed it up eh

mystycalchyk
05-12-2005, 02:22 PM
there was never a time when TOT was walk-on. That was the only ride, I'd say, in all of Disney and DCA, that always had a crowd in front, no matter the weather, or what time of day.

Not exactly true.

Last week, Wednesday May 4th...we walked on, no line at all.
Then hubby went to ride it again, walked on, no line and when it was over the CM said "Hey, anyone want to go again? Just stay strapped in"

3 times no waiting. (for him. once was enough for me)

The old man
05-12-2005, 02:27 PM
The tot has differnt rides each time. My First time was the longest possible ride you could have at the time with eight drops. My second ride was only three drops. The guy next to me got off saying the ride sucked! I told himto try again. I later ran into him at the park and he had tried it and said it was much better. I have heard rumor that they are going to change the computer sequence. I am hoping this will mean they get rid of the Three drop for it really is not as good as the others.
It was my belief that the DL TOT always has the same drops each time.
David

SilverStyle
05-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Not exactly true.

Last week, Wednesday May 4th...we walked on, no line at all.
Then hubby went to ride it again, walked on, no line and when it was over the CM said "Hey, anyone want to go again? Just stay strapped in"

3 times no waiting. (for him. once was enough for me)

Yep, we were dead that day...hahaha dead (ToT joke). There have been numerous times where I have had my cab go more then once. It all depends on CM, if they want you to ride again. Other wise we just send an empty elevator.

I think WDW is on there 9 version on profiles. Tell me about try doing show checks when you have ridden over 100s of times. Only difference is the last shaft has a diff sequence

Disney Vault
05-12-2005, 02:40 PM
It was my belief that the DL TOT always has the same drops each time.
David
It does. It will be really great when they update that.

hpagels
05-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Just rode ToT for the first time this past Sunday. It was amazing! You laugh then you scream, then you laugh then you scream, and so on...hilarious.

I didn't have to wait in line at all, which is a little disappointing, because you don't get to enjoy all the great theming in the waiting area. I had the same problem (ok, it really was great not having to wait) on Indiana Jones. Walked right on.

:)

SilverStyle
05-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Just rode ToT for the first time this past Sunday. It was amazing! You laugh then you scream, then you laugh then you scream, and so on...hilarious.

I didn't have to wait in line at all, which is a little disappointing, because you don't get to enjoy all the great theming in the waiting area. I had the same problem (ok, it really was great not having to wait) on Indiana Jones. Walked right on.

:)

Very true, you should see the detail they put into lobby, lib, and boiler room. Disney didnt cut corners, guest dont see this but on the far table where the fireplace you see table. There are post cards that have writing in them, where you can see where writing just stops. Like in the story everybuddy just left that night Oct 31, 1939

CrazyTrain
05-12-2005, 05:18 PM
I don't like thrill rides, and even I like this one :)

Disney Show Member
05-12-2005, 11:37 PM
Been on it 75 timez so far!! :D

Disneyfun
05-13-2005, 06:55 AM
Did any one play the on line game before it opened? I did and One a free fast pass. But What I liked about hte game was that it made the in line experience even more fun for me becuase I knew what each section was about!

Disney Vault
05-13-2005, 03:57 PM
I played that game and won the fastpass but I never got to use it.

uvsc_wolverine
05-14-2005, 12:54 AM
Anyone listened to the 50th anniversary podcasts? The official DLR ones, I mean. When the guy that did them is interviewing Jay Rasulo in Hollywood Pictures Backlot (on the May 3rd podcast, I believe), you can periodically hear screams in the background. Apparently they were near ToT!

Disneyfun
05-14-2005, 07:09 AM
Anyone listened to the 50th anniversary podcasts? The official DLR ones, I mean. When the guy that did them is interviewing Jay Rasulo in Hollywood Pictures Backlot (on the May 3rd podcast, I believe), you can periodically hear screams in the background. Apparently they were near ToT!
I will have to relistin to that!