PDA

View Full Version : Best One Food Item at DL?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

GrimGrinninGhost
05-12-2005, 09:35 AM
I think the one best food item at DL is the Monte Christo Sandwich at the Blue Buyou...Other Honorable Mentions...(2) even though the food is gone i loved the Chili Fires at Village Haus (3) evem thought its gone the popcorn shrimp at Harbour House near Haunted Mansion

dlandnut
05-12-2005, 09:46 AM
Notice if you say "food" that I'm right here, lol. Best food item: corn dog at corndog castle in CA; second place, bacon-wrapped asparagas at Bengal BBQ; third place, rice pudding at Mexican fast-food restaurant in CA (I never can remember the name of that darn place!). :)

amarvel
05-12-2005, 09:55 AM
I actually really like the free tortilla in DCA :)

stan4d_steph
05-12-2005, 10:04 AM
English toffee from the Candy Palace.

rentayenta
05-12-2005, 10:07 AM
This is difficult because it depends if I am in a sugar or salty mood. ;)

Marox3 introduced me to the fresh homemade Rocky Road candy that they make at the candy place. OMG-to die for.

But it's only the best if I am in a sugar mood.

If it's salt I am after then it's got to be popcorn and a Coke. Mmmmmm.......

tod
05-12-2005, 10:12 AM

Agreed.

DangerMouse
05-12-2005, 10:15 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

COCONUT MACAROONS! From the Bakery on Main St. Try to get them warm out of the oven at around noon. Yummmmmmmmmmmm!

hlbtimes2
05-12-2005, 10:17 AM
I dont know that I have a favorite. I dont seem to get the same thing two trips in a row. I like to try new things every trip! But, my husband would say chowder in a bread bowl. He talks about them everytime we bring up going to DL.

Earkid
05-12-2005, 10:20 AM
Well, since the corndogs have already been mentioned (I happen to think the ones from the red wagon on Mainstreet taste the best), I would have to say Dark Chocolate Honeycomb.

GrimGrinninGhost
05-12-2005, 10:24 AM
Well, since the corndogs have already been mentioned (I happen to think the ones from the red wagon on Mainstreet taste the best), I would have to say Dark Chocolate Honeycomb.

Yes i agree there are pretty good too

D-lander 1956
05-12-2005, 10:24 AM

Ooooh, that's a tie with the carmel peanut apples-YUM!

And, like Renta, if I'm in a salty mood, popcorn all the way. :p

TikiGeek
05-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Best savory item - Bengal BBQ Safari Skewer (bacon wrapped asparagus)
Best sweet item - I will also say the English Toffee (made fresh that day)

QueenAlisha
05-12-2005, 10:50 AM
the Corndogs, if i dont get at least one it ruins my trip. the wagon is cute too. My boyfriend says Goofys Sour Balls, i always by him 4 or 5 packages of them. The toffee is good. Oh and we cant forget the huge M&M rice krispies, they go good with a Corndog. (although if you eat all of both of them you get a big tummy ache) Share the food.

itig
05-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Those cinnamon twist pastries at the main street bakery with a mocha...yummy and perfect for a Christmas stroll down the street toward the castle.

keschy
05-12-2005, 11:32 AM
I like the mint chocolate chip ice cream at Gibson Girls. Especially if it's in a chocolate nut waffle cone. Yum!

ILoveChurros
05-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Yummm...churros, I could live off of them. I think the next best thing is a cheeseburger at Whitewater Snacks...man I could go for some now.

SilverStyle
05-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Churros are the best!!! hands down

Leash81
05-12-2005, 11:59 AM
Dole Whip!

SportyTink
05-12-2005, 12:05 PM
ANYTHING at Club 33

MR_RUBBLES
05-12-2005, 12:20 PM
Hands Down the Mint Julep

justlittleoldme
05-12-2005, 12:21 PM
The spicy chicken at bengal BBQ. Yummmm. Maybe thats what I need to go get for dinner tonight!

Disneyfun
05-12-2005, 12:27 PM
I dont know that I have a favorite. I dont seem to get the same thing two trips in a row. I like to try new things every trip! But, my husband would say chowder in a bread bowl. He talks about them everytime we bring up going to DL.
The best clam chowder is only servered on Fridays at Carnation on Main street. I use to pop in just on fridays to get a bowl.

Yes I have popped in to disney only to get food. One time I went in a picked up a bag of Jelly Bellies form frontier land. Took the tram in grabbed my bad and took the tram out. THe tram CM asked me if I was having a good day. ANd I just smiled said yes and ate my Candy!!!

Oh Best Food.

Monte Christo Sandwich at the Blue Buyou
any thing at Bengal
And A like the kids chicken poppers and potates faces in DCA at the tasty pilot?

OH and FOr the best Corm Chowder soup Storybook cafe at CG hotel

D-lander 1956
05-12-2005, 12:52 PM
One time I went in a picked up a bag of Jelly Bellies form frontier land.

Are you're talking about the Frontierland candy store?? I went in on 5-5 to buy something and it's not a candy store anymore! :mad:
Looks like you'll have to get them at Candy Palace now on Main St.

Disneyfun
05-12-2005, 12:54 PM
:
Are you're talking about the Frontierland candy store?? I went in on 5-5 to buy something and it's not a candy store anymore! :mad:
Yes the Frontier candy store :crying: is now gone. They had the best hard to find Jelly belly flavors there. Anf you could buythere fudge in what ever size you wanted. My friend and I often would get a dollars worth.
NOw you can only get fudge in a large package :crying

SportyTink
05-12-2005, 12:55 PM

Actually the Candy Store that was in Frontierland is now at Pooh Corner over by the exit of Splash and the Entrance to the Pooh ride. They have all the Fudge & Candied APples and all!!!!