PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast in the Park

Pages : [1] 2

topmouse
05-12-2005, 09:04 AM
What places (other than the character breakfasts) in the park (both DL and CA) serve breakfast and which are the best in your opinion? Not looking for anything fancy. Used to love Club Buzz breakfast but they won't be serving it when we are there next month. Any suggestions are appreciated. 27 days to DL.

Disneyfun
05-12-2005, 09:05 AM
I only know of carnation on main street. I have heard it is good never have experianced it my self.

Leash81
05-12-2005, 09:07 AM
What places (other than the character breakfasts) in the park (both DL and CA) serve breakfast and which are the best in your opinion? Not looking for anything fancy. Used to love Club Buzz breakfast but they won't be serving it when we are there next month. Any suggestions are appreciated. 27 days to DL.

Carnation Cafe is sit down and the best IMO. There is also the Blue Ribbon Bakery right next to Carnation Cafe which has good pastry and is a quick service. Also Riverbelle Terrace has good food and a nice view of the Rivers of America, cafeteria style with indoor and outdoor seating.

hlbtimes2
05-12-2005, 09:10 AM
Carnation is pretty good. I love to sit out there and people watch first thing in the morning.

Riverbelle Terrace has Mickey pancakes (as well as some other offerings) that are good and reasonably priced.

Blue Ribbon Bakery on mainstreet if you are looking for something small like a pastry you can carry and eat on the go.

Wendi
05-12-2005, 09:13 AM
I really like Whitewater Snacks in Disney's Grand Californian... good food, good prices!

tod
05-12-2005, 09:20 AM
For a real treat, try Granville's for breakfast. They crank up the lights and serve breakfasts in a speedy and friendly way. Maybe it's to compensate for closing the Monorail Cafe, I dunno.

--t

topmouse
05-12-2005, 09:44 AM
For a real treat, try Granville's for breakfast. They crank up the lights and serve breakfasts in a speedy and friendly way. Maybe it's to compensate for closing the Monorail Cafe, I dunno.

--t
Where is it located? DT Disney, DL, or CA?

tod
05-12-2005, 10:03 AM
Where is it located? DT Disney, DL, or CA?

Disneyland Hotel. By Goofy's Kitchen.

--t

MrsG
05-12-2005, 01:31 PM
I think they need a few more breakfast places inside the park. Carnation and River Belle are always so crowded it is obvious that there is a need.

Opus1guy
05-12-2005, 02:22 PM
I like River Belle best not only for the great breakfast and location, but because it's where we always had breakfast all the way back to the 50's. Lots of fond memories there of family and friends (many now gone) back to the days when it was Aunt Jemima's.

And it's basic appearance hasn't changed one bit. One of those many places you could almost imagine Walt still walking in and ordering a tall stack of hot flapjacks. Probably off the very same grill!

Shortiemetoo
05-12-2005, 02:30 PM
I like River Belle best not only for the great breakfast and location, but because it's where we always had breakfast all the way back to the 50's. Lots of fond memories there of family and friends (many now gone) back to the days when it was Aunt Jemima's.

And it's basic appearance hasn't changed one bit. One of those many places you could almost imagine Walt still walking in and ordering a tall stack of hot flapjacks. Probably off the very same grill!

:D I agree!! On our first family trip there we ate at Aunt Jemima's!! Mickey Mouse pancakes!!!

05-12-2005, 02:40 PM
Another vote for the River Belle's mouse pancakes.

And after, it's a short stroll to ride Pirates.

wenderella
05-12-2005, 02:58 PM
OMGosh! If you don't go to Carnation Cafe for breakfast...you are missing out. It is not that crowded. In fact we've never had to wait for more than 5 or so minutes. If there's a line...wait. It goes fast and is worth it. MM Waffles is my son's favorite, and you will NEVER go wrong with Oscar's potatoes. They are TO DIE FOR! Super buttery...but that's what makes it YUMMY! Oh....It make's my stomach ache. Only a few more weeks...and Oscar's potatoes are mine! YUMMMM! Happy eats!

SportyTink
05-12-2005, 03:04 PM
It's always been my tradition to stop at Blue Ribbon as the first stop of the day, grab a GIANT cinnamon roll, milk, terrible cup of Disney coffee and head across the street to sit down in the little alcove by Disneyana & the lockers and enjoy watching people walk into the park. Nothing like starting your day off that way.

Plus it ends up being relatively inexpensive so that way I have more to spend on other things throughout the day (and buying half of the park on my way out).

mystycalchyk
05-12-2005, 03:05 PM
We love to to go Carnation. Oscar is a true gentleman (always comes out to our table to say hi)

Sadly he is retiring next year. 50 years of working in Disneyland. :( I dont know if I can bear to go back without him (to the Carnation Cafe' not Disneyland ;) )

sdfilmcritic
05-12-2005, 03:06 PM
The Carnation Cafe has a really good breakfast. Very good.

cstephens
05-12-2005, 05:27 PM
The Main Street porch after a visit to the bakery for a mocha and croissant.

PirateSmile
05-12-2005, 08:11 PM
I like River Belle Terrace. It's become like a tradition :)

kos
05-13-2005, 10:48 AM
If you are early risers and get there before the park opens, La Brea Bakery (the first store just outside the entrance to the park in DTD) has delicious breakfast food at very reasonable prices.

dlandnut
05-13-2005, 11:06 AM
We ALWAYS do RiverBelle Terrace at least one of the mornings that we are there. The Mickey Mouse Pancakes have become a tradition. They also offer other stuff, like scrambled eggs, bacon, etc., but the MM Pancakes are fun to order. :)

T&Rshep
05-13-2005, 12:01 PM
The Blue Ribbon Bakery is great for breakfast on the go. If your in a hurry to get in line for a ride you can grab a pastry and coffee and be on your way. This also helps you save your bucks for a great lunch or dinner. Did any of you ever have breakfast in Tommorow Land back in the day at the Lunchin Pad? It used to be served during the early entry days.

Rhiannon8404
05-13-2005, 12:22 PM
We nearly always eat at the Canation Cafe if we are eating in the park. Really yummy food and we never wait.

This trip coming up we are really trying to eat in different places from our usual. You guys have given me lots of ideas. Thanks!

Pirate Princess
05-13-2005, 04:40 PM
I have the best memories of eating MM waffles with strawberries and whipped cream at Carnation... does anyone happen to know when they stop serving breakfast? I would love to get a few (dozen) rides in before the park gets crowded and enjoy some strawberry waffles around lunch time. Is this possible?

poohray
05-13-2005, 09:53 PM
I have the best memories of eating MM waffles with strawberries and whipped cream at Carnation... does anyone happen to know when they stop serving breakfast? I would love to get a few (dozen) rides in before the park gets crowded and enjoy some strawberry waffles around lunch time. Is this possible?

I think at 11 15 am is the very last you can get seated for breakfast!

sdfilmcritic
05-14-2005, 12:03 AM
Ya know what? It's been awhile since I had breakfast at Carnation Cafe. Since I'm going on Sunday I'll see if I can get there early enough for breakfast.