PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the Disney Guide Book

GrimGrinninGhost
05-12-2005, 08:57 AM
I read the Disneyland Guide book yesterday and noticed some things are missiing..Under Fantasyland food they forget to mention the place near the old motor boat cruise..They serve turkey legs there...Wouldnt that count???...Also because i never venture back that far but it the Mile Long Bar by Pooh open or what? If anyone can think of anything else they missed just say....

justlittleoldme
05-12-2005, 09:00 AM
There's a bar? by Pooh???? You mean I have been suffering through that ride for 3 months sober for no good reason?????

GrimGrinninGhost
05-12-2005, 09:02 AM
Not a real bar..there was a food place there

Disneyfun
05-12-2005, 09:02 AM
MIle long bar has been gone for years now. It is a candy shop and Pooh shop.
As for the turkey legs that is a cart And I do not think they list all of the carts since they can be moved at any given time!

bradk
05-12-2005, 09:05 AM
this might be moot, all things considered, but if you're referring to the official disneyland guide by birnbaum, it has a LOT of problems.

i wouldn't recommend it except for the maps (which is missing the actual drawn representation of TOT) and the 10% off disney merchandise which will help subsidize the cost of the book.

the unofficial guide is by far the best of the lot (at least the ones i've read)

DizMagic
05-12-2005, 09:18 AM
The Birnbaum's 2005 guide has Millionairre in it. I thought the attraction was still there until I read a post here yesterday. I had actually already planned on attending (been to the one at WDW and enjoyed it) I am glad I have you guys or I would have disappointed and confused when I arrived with my schedule.

bradk
05-12-2005, 09:37 AM
in all fairness, i think all 3 2005 guides i have read make mention of millionaire. the problem lies in the fact that most 2005 guides have a publishing date of august 2004 and so on, so there's always some room for corrections.

pirateabbie
05-12-2005, 11:20 AM
I was recently in a local B&N to kill some time before meeting some friends for dinner. I sat down with a latte in the travel section and thought I'd look through the most recent DL guide books for fun.

As you know, they usually organize the travel books by region. I was therefore surprised that I couldn't find any books on DL in the southern California section. When I asked an employee who was walking by where they kept the books on DL she pointed to the large Florida section. I explained that I didn't want books on Disneyworld - I wanted books on Disneyland. "Aren't they the same thing?" she asked. "No.... One is in California and the other is in Florida." "Oh... I see," she answered. Oi veh!

I finally found one copy of the Birnbaum DL 2005 on the bottom shelf of the massive section on Disneyworld. Hmpphhh...