PDA

View Full Version : Ridemax-is it worth it?

snoopyfan
05-12-2005, 08:51 AM
I know you all have had this question before, but with the 50th it might be different. We're (me, husband, 15 year old, 9 year old) going for 3 days, May 25-27 ( Wed., Thurs., Fri.) before Memorial day. We've been to DL many times and usually work around the crowds pretty well. I want to know if I should use Ridemax or make my own itinerary. Anyone with opinions/advice??

bradk
05-12-2005, 09:02 AM
all signs point to yes, although plot liberally as children always tend to skew things. if you can stick to a plan, yes. if you're comfortable with the idea that ridemax is intended to ensure you ride everything you want by giving you inflated wait times, yes.

quite a few people recently seem to have made their plans through ridemax only to toss them due to minimal wait lines when they get to the parks anyway, so this time of year, you may not appear to see a lot of benefit to using it, especially with 3 days, but the bottom line is that if you can fit it all into your ridemax schedules, you should be able to do it all with time to spare.

i've never read a single complaint stating ridemax didn't allow for enough time.

plus they have a 30 day money back guarantee.

The old man
05-12-2005, 09:03 AM
We went for two days on Fri, April 22nd. I got Ridemax just to see if it could give me some insight (I consider myself an excellent planner and I use tips from this website and from the Unofficial Guide).

I ran a number of different scenarios through it and there were always some aspects I didn't like (ie, ride Matterhorn twice around 8:30pm with a 35 minute wait each time.)

On Saturday I did my own plan and we (wife, 7 year old daughter) did:
Indy - 4x
BT - 3x
Matterhorn - 2x
Toad - 2x
HM - 2x
POTC - 2x
Winne
Tarzan (I know it's just a walk through, but still)
Peter Pan
SM
ST
Buzz
9pm Fantasmic
Ate at Hungry Bear for lunch and French Market for dinner
Had 45 minutes of shopping on Main Street
plus a 90 minute rest & swim back and the hotel
Biggest wait was a few 20 minutes at HM, POTC, ST & BT.

I don't feel I could have done any better with RM. That said I feel that it would be of great use for the average guest who isn't as "into" it as I am.

David