PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland at Halloween?

Momtowolf
05-12-2005, 07:32 AM
Good Morning Fellow Mouse Fans!!!!

My family and best friends family would like to go to Disneyland at Halloween. Can you give me any advice about this time of year?

We want to stay at the Grand Californian in a 1-2 bedroom suite. It would have to sleep 2 families. We could do it with 2 kings in a room. Does anyone have any info on that?

Also can anyone tell me about Halloween events at this time of year?

When does the Christmas theme get set up?

We would fly down Sunday AM and stay till late Tuesday PM.

Thanks,

Mickey Fan

sdfilmcritic
05-12-2005, 07:35 AM
It's one of the best times of the year to go. The crowds are manageable and there's the HMH (Haunted Mansion overlayed with the Nigthmare Before Christmas theme) and there's the cool weather.

oregontraveler
05-12-2005, 07:43 AM
Haunted Mansion closes down after Labor Day for the overlay, opens up after Sept. 29th. Looks like Pirates will be down from Oct. 3 thru December. The
Small World overlay won't happen 'til November. The X-mas decorations usually go up right before Thanksgiving.

Momtowolf
05-12-2005, 08:14 AM
We love Nightmare Before Christmas!!!

sriggins
05-12-2005, 08:39 AM
We love Nightmare Before Christmas!!!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Monte Cristo
05-12-2005, 08:47 AM
Haunted Mansion closes down after Labor Day for the overlay, opens up after Sept. 29th. Looks like Pirates will be down from Oct. 3 thru December. The
Small World overlay won't happen 'til November. The X-mas decorations usually go up right before Thanksgiving.

Actually, all the holiday decorations go up the first week of November, usually by the 5th. Even the big tree on Main Stree. The only holiday-related event that doesn't start till Thanksgiving is the Christmas parade.

Wendi
05-12-2005, 09:49 AM
I am going again for Halloween this year, it's the best time to go IMO! There are no Halloween events in the parks, however, since you will be a property guest, I'll tell you that last year there was a hotel guest event for the kids. They had a little carnival type setup in the GCH lobby and little trick or treat stations (think school carnival - little games, etc). They did not advertise or let anyone know about this event in advance, and they try to keep non-guests out of the hotel during that time, I found it very strange that they were questioning whether I was a hotel guest when trying to come in from DTD...