PDA

View Full Version : Buzz Lightyear - 020464 what does it mean?

KarenW2
05-11-2005, 11:35 PM
I'm sure I'm not the first one to notice this, but there is what looks like a date in the mural for the Buzz queue. It has "020464" showing on the screen for the little alien guy. It seems like it would be a date, doesn't it?

What significance does 020464 have to Buzz Lightyear, Toy Story or whatever? We tried looking up birthdates for the various guys who worked on the movies, but they were either not listed, or not that date.

Could it be the birthdate of the person who did the mural?? Does anyone know?

tjaa
05-12-2005, 12:18 AM
Whoha, whoooha... hope you get an answer... sounds like a long shot with the B-day???? :D :geek: :geek: ;)

JeffG
05-12-2005, 07:14 AM
I did a few Google searches and couldn't come up with anything. My first thought was that it could have been the opening date of the 1964 World's Fair, but that was apparently in April.

Maybe it is something as mundane as the birthdate of the artist that painted the mural?

-Jeff

tod
05-12-2005, 07:24 AM
I did a few Google searches and couldn't come up with anything. My first thought was that it could have been the opening date of the 1964 World's Fair, but that was apparently in April.

Maybe it is something as mundane as the birthdate of the artist that painted the mural?

That's my guess. There are initials and birthdays on the baskets at Star Tours. I'm trying to make something out of the names of the planets on the star maps, myself.

--t

9oldmen
05-12-2005, 07:44 AM
I remember seeing several of those dates all through the Buzz queue. Most of them, if they where birthdates, would seem to date the person as being in their 40s at the time of the attractions opening, which seems like it might be the age of an average Imagineer in the middle of his/her career. I assumed that it was the Imagineers, or artists who worked on the murals "signing" their work with their birthdates.
That queue is nice, and at the same time, those murals look like they where colored with a program like photoshop, and just don't quite "do it" for me the way the "hand painted" murals that you see in the loading areas for the FL dark rides do. Some might disagree, but its just my thoughts. Still, a nice pre-show (for once!), with a cool AA of Buzz, and the etch-a-sketch replacing the "ViewMaster" from Florida's queue.

evrythngwmn
05-12-2005, 03:31 PM
I'm trying to make something out of the names of the planets on the star maps, myself.

--t

They are names of WDI people who worked on the attraction. In my job at the resort I've gotten to know quite a few of them. One night I was studying the map and one planet name jumped out at me as someone I knew. I wrote down all the other names and on a very boring night studied them and translated most of them to quite a few WDI people assigned to the resort.

jon80flt
05-12-2005, 03:57 PM
.... There are initials and birthdays on the baskets at Star Tours......

According to Mouse Tales, the info on the baskets are the initials and phone extensions of the Imagineers who worked on Star Tours.

Jon

tod
05-12-2005, 04:29 PM
According to Mouse Tales, the info on the baskets are the initials and phone extensions of the Imagineers who worked on Star Tours.

I thought the tubes had the extension numbers and the baskets ahd the initials and birthdays. Let's look at the book... Here it is, page 76 of the new 50th-anniversary-of-Disneyland edition:

On Star Tours, designers' initials and telephone extensions are printed on the industrial pipes lining the walls near the entrance. Others who worked on the ride have their initials and birthdates on labels on baskets moving robot parts along an overhead conveyance system.

So I would say no, no telephone extensions on the baskets.

--t
Jeopardy! writer, 1985-1990
and still careful with his facts