PDA

View Full Version : Rod Miller Birthday Thread

TikiGeek
05-11-2005, 08:43 PM
For over 35 years, Rod has played piano on Main St. at Disneyland. May 12th is his birthday and let's all send him our best wishes. Rod does not have a computer but I will print this thread and mail it to him.

Rod has wished and sung happy birthday to thousands of park guests over the years - now it's our turn....

<in Rod Miller style>
Happy birthday to Rod, Happy birthday to Rod, throw a party, have a good time (Wooooo!!!), Happy birthday to you!!!

How fun!!! ;)

With much love and best wishes,
Happy Birthday Rod!!!

P.S. - If anyone has a favorite "Rod" story - please post it. I'm sure he will appreciate hearing from you.

RStar
05-11-2005, 08:55 PM
To a friend who welcomes everyone, happy birthday! See you at the park!

~Bob

tinkluver
05-11-2005, 10:15 PM
When I was 12, I celebrated my birthday at Disneyland. While sitting and having lunch one day... Rod comes out to play. I had always enjoyed the song "The Entertainer" and made a request and he played it just for me- with a big smile on his face!!
Now that was many moons ago, but I will always remember that special song played just for me.... Thanks Rod and Happy Birthday!!! :D
Hope to see you in October....

Kapusha
05-11-2005, 11:02 PM
happened while listening to you on a beautiful day last May. Thanks and Happy Birthday!

disneyfn
05-12-2005, 05:59 AM
Hurry back Rod,it's not the 50th without you to celebrate with! Happy Birthday.

sdfilmcritic
05-12-2005, 06:04 AM
It's Rod's birthday? Happy birthday!

Rod's such a nice guy around the guests. I remember he was hamming it up for a video I was recording of his piano playing. I was video taping various people and things around the park for a video project in a college class and I knew I had to get some footage of his playing skills. He hammed it up for the camera and it the footage turned out great. Thank you, Rod.

Animalia
05-12-2005, 06:50 AM
The last time I saw Rod was over a year ago during the holidays. It was two weeks before Christmas and the place was packed. I couldn't get down Main Street because of the crowds watching the evening run of "Christmas Fantasy Parade" so I crawled to a back wall of Refreshment Corner and planted myself there untill it was over. It was dark, cold, crowded and I felt very alone. All I wanted to do was get out of there. Rod was at his piano but not playing because of the parade. After chatting with guests he had to walk by me on his way backstage. He looked at me, smiled and asked how I was doing. I didn't go into how low I was feeling. I just mentioned why I was standing there and that I'd never seen so many people. He looked at the crowd, got a sour look on his face and agreed that it was a mad house adding that there were still two weeks till Christmas. Then he looked at me, flashed a bright smile and wished me a pleasant evening before going on to the backstage area. At a time when I was feeling invisible, Rod recognized that I existed.
Rod - Thank you for stopping and being a friend when I felt so alone in a large crowd. I hope you're feeling better and playing great music again soon. Happy Birthday. :)

CrazyTrain
05-12-2005, 07:19 AM
Happy birthday, Rod!
I hope I get to hear you play one day! :D

ForgetmyNDA
05-12-2005, 07:21 AM
Having worked at Coke Corner for 2 years, I would think I could get I got to know him pretty well, He is without question in my mind the single best CM in the park, He is like the definition of what a CM is supposed to be. =)

So here goes! Completely in time, Incredibly out of tune!

"Happy Birthday To Rod! Happy Birthday to Rod! <Taps quarters on piano> Happy Birthday To Rod!"

Yay!

Tink56
05-12-2005, 08:35 AM
One of my happiest Disneyland memories is sitting at Coke Corner one very hot August day and Rod singing Happy Birthday to me! It was such a sweet surprise, so I am delighted to have the opportunity to return the good wishes to you...Happy, happy Birthday Rod! May all your wishes come true!

justlittleoldme
05-12-2005, 09:04 AM
Happy Birthday Rod! Thanks for making so many Disney memories!

ima_mickeyfan
05-12-2005, 10:11 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SUCH A WONDERFUL ENTERTAINER :D

Earkid
05-12-2005, 10:18 AM
Happy Birthday Rod!!

You have been missed.

uvsc_wolverine
05-12-2005, 11:50 AM
That's awesome! May 12 is my b-day too! I just turned 24 today.

Rod, I don't know how old you are, but happy birthday anyway! Also, I hope to see you there at the Corner when I'm there in October!

Vegitabeta
05-12-2005, 11:54 AM
Happy Birthday from England Rod. I love hearing you play in the park...keep up the great work! :)

keschy
05-12-2005, 12:37 PM
Happy Birthday Rod! You're the best! :)

Freerider127
05-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Hey rod its michael, I havent been to the park in awhile but I hope to go again soon. Happy Birthday :fez:

disneyperson
05-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Happy Birthday Mr. Miller! My daughter and I always stop and listen to you whenever we visit Disneyland. You always take the time to chat with us. (My daughter is the teen goth girl with the blue green hair who draws the intricate designs on her hands and arms) She has been dancing to your music from the time she could walk,and no visit to Disneyland is quite complete without seeing you and spending a happy hour or two listening to you play. We missed you last March and hope to be seeing you again soon.
Again, the Happiest of Birthdays to you, our favorite cast member ! from Disneyperson and Zero's Bark

Shortiemetoo
05-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Happy Birthday Rod!!! My favorite Disneyland keepsake is the picture I have with you while you are playing the piano!! Thank you for so many wonderful disneyland memories and Happiest of Birthday wishes!!!

I Heart Disneyland!
05-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Happy birthday, Rod! We missed you last week during our visit to Disneyland's 50th kick off.

Thank you for always being so wonderful with our children. Every time they would see you, they felt like you remembered THEM from last time they were there. You can't possibly remember every child, but, they felt like you did remember them from each visit. That is a very special memory for me, as a mom.

I wish you well.

Space Cookie
05-14-2005, 11:04 AM
Rod, from the moment that we pulled some chairs over, we've been hooked. Your music fills our home and our hearts. Whenever we get DL heartache, we pop in our video of you and it makes us feel better. Thanks for the smiles, the songs, the laughter and friendship that you have brought us and thousands of others from around the world. Have a most wonderful birthday Rod, and we look forward to our next visit with you pianoside.

p.s.- My plumeria is blooming! :D

TikiGeek
05-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Thank you all for your wonderful comments and wishes for Rod. I will print and mail this on Monday. I'm sure he will get a big kick out of all of the messages. :)