PDA

View Full Version : Best hotel under $100?

keschy
05-11-2005, 02:10 PM
I've been looking for a good deal on a hotel for June 15-18. I want to find a bargain but I also want to be in a pretty decent hotel.Walking distance would be good since we won't have a car. It's just me & DH and we would probably go back to our room once a day or so. It seems harder to find a good price at this time of year.Any suggestions? Thanks!

mystycalchyk
05-11-2005, 02:12 PM
Try Park Place Inn, the Tropicana or the Carousel. All within walking distance and I have never paid $100 a night.

GrimmGreen
05-11-2005, 02:14 PM
i think they ment Park Vue Inn... probly 80-90 bux... we usualy stay there and its literally right across the street... id say no more than 2 min from trainstation to room...

Mark Mywords
05-11-2005, 02:57 PM
The Howard Johnsons is nice (don't let them put you next to the freeway, though). The Tropicanna is pretty scuzzy, It's ok to crash at if you want to be ultra close for ultra cheap.

I've heard good things about the Candy Cane Inn too. I think they're sub-$100 a night...

bradk
05-11-2005, 03:38 PM
I just checked travelaxe.

First, the neglected fact here is that prices and vacancies vary. A month in advance, particularly for the summer, is not the most ideal time to pick a hotel room.

That said, you can get Tropicana from a particular web site for $96 a night. HoJo will run you about $110 a night. You can also get Candy Cane for under $110 from arestravel. Park Vue is also available for under $100 a night. the only other place available I noticed in that price range is Penny Sleeper for $45/night.

DangerMouse
05-11-2005, 03:54 PM
I've been looking for a good deal on a hotel for June 15-18. I want to find a bargain but I also want to be in a pretty decent hotel.Walking distance would be good since we won't have a car. It's just me & DH and we would probably go back to our room once a day or so. It seems harder to find a good price at this time of year.Any suggestions? Thanks!

My vote would be for either the HoJo or Candy Cane. We stayed at the HoJo last month and it was really nice. You could ask for a mousesavers rate (they quoted me $85 for 6/1). Althouth, I opted to book at the Candy Cane for my visit 6/1 just to try something new. It has excellent reviews on tripadvisor.com, provides a nice breakfast and dedicated shuttle to the parks (even though it's within walking distance). I got the best price on the Candy Cane directly through their site ($87 per nite).

orangechicken
05-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Definitly Candy Cane Inn. I stayed there in April, it was such good value! Free continental breakfast (good food too), 8 minute walk to the park gate, their own shuttle to and from the park. The rooms are cute, somewhat small, but decorated very well. Also, you can glimpse (and I mean glimpse, not see, but glimpse) some fireworks. Go to their website for more pictures. Trust me, you will not be dissapointed.

Leap for Joy
05-11-2005, 05:18 PM
We have reservations at Anaheim Plaza for the last week in June for $59/night. It's an older motel, but the rooms are comfy, the staff is nice, and the pool and the parking lot are huge. They have a reasonably priced breakfast buffet and kids eat free. It's easy walking distance -- a bit shorter than Hojo's.

SuefromRI
05-11-2005, 05:54 PM
We stayed at the Candy Cane in Aug 2002 and 2003 with a AAA rate for under $100, so if you have AAA check for that discount. They did make a copy of the AAA card, even though we have stayed at places that never check for it.

Darkbeer
05-11-2005, 07:10 PM
If you want to see the fireworks, the HoJo's pool area has some of the best non-park views!!!

My favorite is to sit in the Jacuzzi on the south-east corner, you can see all the fireworks that come from behind Toontown!, plus you get the really hot water to sit in. :fez:

tjaa
05-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Days Inn Suites, we've been 3 times this year. $59 a night (mention AAA if you have it), no parking fees, good (easy) walk to DL without kids, we drive with free parking at DL. Clean, quite and close. 714-971-5000, tell Erica, Tom sent you....

DisneyBrudy
05-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Hey life's great at Super 8!!! Only $49.00 per night, thats where I stay!!! Pool, hot tub, you can see DCA from it, walking distance to DL, great deal!!

stan4d_steph
05-12-2005, 05:32 AM
I stayed at the Park Inn and Suites. The bed was great and room was clean.

snoopyfan
05-12-2005, 05:58 AM
Our favorite is the Hojo, especially if you don't have kids walking with you. Its a bit of a longer walk, but doable. Every time we've stayed there we used our Entertainment book price and its been $50-$60 dollars a night (half price). Of course, we've never stayed there during peak season, but if you've got the book, call them direct and see what they can do for you. Good luck!

jswtsang
05-12-2005, 06:26 AM
I think i paid 75 dollars a night for the tropicana and it's so close, you don't have to take a shuttle like you would with the candy cane inn (my friends stayed there). I thought it was clean and the concierge was very friendly and helpful, indicating we could check in early if we needed to. The only minus was that the beds are plasticy so when you roll over they make the plastic groan. However I was so sleepy I didn't care.

jt

The Lovely Mrs. tod
05-12-2005, 07:48 AM
The Holiday Inn on Harbor, I think...it's the one by the freeway offramp. We ended up there one night when we did an entire day at the park, from rope drop to closing and were just too tired to risk the drive, two queen beds, $92.00 and a terrific view of the fireworks (which they're are justly proud of).

I got reservations at the Castle Inn and Suites for the week-end of July 17th, because I waited too long and all the resort properties are already sold out and the stuff we like on Harbor is way expensive. I don't know how good they are, but I got a family two room suite for $120.

-TLMt

DangerMouse
05-12-2005, 08:20 AM
I think i paid 75 dollars a night for the tropicana and it's so close, you don't have to take a shuttle like you would with the candy cane inn (my friends stayed there). I thought it was clean and the concierge was very friendly and helpful, indicating we could check in early if we needed to. The only minus was that the beds are plasticy so when you roll over they make the plastic groan. However I was so sleepy I didn't care.

jt

I can't imagine "having" to take the Candy Cane shuttle. It is a nice provided service, but totally unnecessary since the walk is every bit as close as the HoJo. I am looking forward to walking to the parks in the morning and having the option of the dedicated shuttle after a day at the parks when my dogs are barkin! ;)

spectromen
05-12-2005, 08:54 AM
The Candy Cane and HoJo are very nice as motels go, but I personally see a much better value in the Coast, a full service hotel with glass elevators and balconies on every room. They usually have the AAA rate of $80 which blows away the Hilton and Marriott in the same area, and it's even a slightly shorter walk.

keschy
05-12-2005, 04:03 PM
Thanks alot for all the ideas! I have reservations at Candy Cane and Hojo's, I'll decide which one to stay at later.

jswtsang
05-12-2005, 09:08 PM
I admit I have no idea where the candy cane inn is, but it was farther than the tropicana and i decided it was better to have to just walk across the street than wait inline for a shuttle, which my friends were doing, it might have been very close but I couldn't see it from just across the street like i could the tropicana, so that made my decision, well that and the fact that it was more like 120 a night and i was on a budget.

jt