PDA

View Full Version : Phil Collins Part of the 50th?

biolabetty
05-11-2005, 02:04 PM
I was thinking about this the other day and wondered why he didn't show up on the 4th or 5th. Leann Rimes sang her song, I just wondered why he wasn't there since he is responsible for the main song used in the parade. Too busy?

cstephens
05-12-2005, 08:07 AM
I was thinking about this the other day and wondered why he didn't show up on the 4th or 5th. Leann Rimes sang her song, I just wondered why he wasn't there since he is responsible for the main song used in the parade. Too busy?

Since Leann Rimes actually sings the song, it made sense for her to be there. While "Welcome" is adapted from his "Brother Bear" song, it's not his version of the song. I doubt he even had anything to do with the reorchestrated version you hear in the parade. He also lives in Switzerland and has a relatively small child at home, so given his peripheral involvement, I wouldn't have expected him to be there and would actually have been surprised (though happy) if he had shown up.

biolabetty
05-12-2005, 10:05 AM
That's kind of what I was thinking too. I would have loved to see (and hear) him, I love my Brother Bear CD.