PDA

View Full Version : More the Merrier Rides

cemeinke
01-21-2002, 08:08 PM
Now that I've been on a number of MP meets, I've come to realize that some rides are just better with a bunch of people on them. Similarly, some of my favorite rides aren't as fun as the group has to pair off or split up (I may never get to see for myself that E's braces do in fact glow in the dark rides)

So here are my favorites to ride as a group (in no particular order):

The Canoes--Just reminded of this one this weekend as people get splashed and ridiculed on the ROA
Pirates--Especially on an overloaded boat ;)
Big Thunder--Especially if you're all in the back struggling to do the "goat trick"
Indy--I love the communal quests to see bones, especially when spotted for the first time
And for smaller groups in DCA, Grizzly River Run--Much more fun to see people you know get drenched

So what are your favorite rides to go as a bunch?

bluepearl
01-21-2002, 09:28 PM
My friend tells me going on the Jungle Cruise with a huge bunch at night is really fun. He said that he and a bunch of college friends got on the ride at night and had a blast with the guide.

And I have to agree with the Grizzly River Run - I had such a great time with my cousins when they went to DCA for the first time on Sunday! And Soarin' Over California. We took up almost an entire row and I had a ton of fun. It was just too bad that Superstar Limo was closed because I wanted to get their reaction from it!

cemeinke
01-21-2002, 09:44 PM
Oh dear the cold medication is really taking a toll on my posting ability, I somehow lost my paragraph on the jungle cruise.

That's definately a great ride for a group of people, and if the people happen to be MPer's who could do the speil themselves, and they happend to get one of the last boats out, Hoo Boy, definately one of the best group-rides in the park

FEJ
01-21-2002, 09:50 PM
In all of the meets i have gone on, i dont thing we've done "Its a small world". I think it would be fun due to the fact theat we would probably turn it int a Jungele Cruise type ride. (comments galor)

cemeinke
01-21-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by FEJ
In all of the meets i have gone on, i dont thing we've done "Its a small world". I think it would be fun due to the fact theat we would probably turn it int a Jungele Cruise type ride. (comments galor)

And thanks to some tips from Kevin, we know how to sink one of those boats as well :D

zapppop
01-22-2002, 02:13 PM
I'm just thinking out loud here but It's A Small World reopens Saturday.

Ace
01-22-2002, 02:32 PM
WRONG. the best group ride is Splash Mountain. Put all your friends and buddies in one log. That or the Peoplemover.... sniffle....

stan4d_steph
01-22-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
I'm just thinking out loud here but It's A Small World reopens Saturday.

Let the games begin!

innerSpaceman
01-22-2002, 04:39 PM
Squinky is correct, the best group ride is Splash Mountain. Cram as many people into a single log as you can, till it's floating very low in the water. Rock the log from side-to-side while on the ride, sing along with the characters all through the attraction, get drenched on every single drop.

lisap
01-22-2002, 08:18 PM
This would be fun I think...

a big group on the autopia rides...some on each lane for an impromptu race course. No bumping, of course ;)

Story book cruise would be an obvious choice, due to the sinking potential....

But nothing beats Pirates. In the dark, underground, surrounded by water and serenaded by jolly tunes.....the perfect group ride. If you can stay afloat.

Morrigoon
01-22-2002, 10:37 PM
Trust one who's been there - you can't always ;)

Small world can be fun - just be sure those with the strongest arms are on the sides, as you may find yourself PUSHING your way through the ride!

Not Afraid
01-22-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by lisap
Story book cruise would be an obvious choice, due to the sinking potential....

I've been wanting to do this ride for a while. I recently subjected a few people to "watching" the boats with me so I could spot my favorite - Faline. I may have to see if I can sway the Cemeinke Birthday group to take a ride.

Chris suggests a "Boats of Disneyland" tour. We can ride them all then look mournfully into the sumbarine lagoon and the motorboat cruise waters and say "Awwwwww".:crying:

Flubber
01-23-2002, 06:47 AM
"Man, is this boat slow?", "Does this boat seem slow to you guys?", "No comment"

Been enjoying the Jungle Cruise lately.

Small World would be fun. A monotonous song is always better shared with a group of friends.

Flub

Ghoulish Delight
01-23-2002, 12:58 PM
I always like Matterhorn with a lot of people. It's fun to get everyone in the sled screaming in horror every time the Abominable Snowman rears his ugly head. Of course, that's also fun when you're sharing a sled with complete strangers, but that's a different story.

Cadaverous Pallor
01-23-2002, 04:06 PM
Not Afraid, I vote yes on Storybook. I love that ride - especially the humongous ducks terrorizing the tiny towns.

And I'll ride Small World anytime - so long as it's not near Xmas.

Hmm, "Boats of Disneyland":

Storybook
Small World
Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Splash
Twain/Columbia
Canoes (gee, nothing half as fun as a workout :rolleyes: )
Rafts to TS Island

Does Matterhorn count? It goes in the water. And before you say it, Big Thunder does NOT count, as the splash is manufactured.

Did I get them all?

Hmm, a tour of the "Boats of DCA" would be a lot shorter...;)

Now that I've completely digressed from the main intent of the thread: Riding with friends is always a lot more fun.

cemeinke
01-23-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
I always like Matterhorn with a lot of people. It's fun to get everyone in the sled screaming in horror every time the Abominable Snowman rears his ugly head. Of course, that's also fun when you're sharing a sled with complete strangers, but that's a different story.

Oh, that sounds like one worth telling, is there one to share?

cemeinke
01-23-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
Hmm, "Boats of Disneyland":

Storybook
Small World
Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Splash
Twain/Columbia
Canoes (gee, nothing half as fun as a workout :rolleyes: )
Rafts to TS Island

Did I get them all?

Ah, how I long for the days when the list could have included:

Submarines
Motorboat cruise
Keel Boats

But here's an interesting question, how about Peter Pan? Do flying Boats count?

Morrigoon
01-23-2002, 08:58 PM
Does Peter Pan count? ;)

FEJ
01-23-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke

Ah, how I long for the days when the list could have included:

Submarines
Motorboat cruise
Keel Boats

But here's an interesting question, how about Peter Pan? Do flying Boats count?

It is a boat.

You have to take Splash off. Its a log(flume), not a boat.

Not Afraid
01-23-2002, 10:27 PM
After much discussion about the meaning of "boat" ----- Here's what distionary.com has to say:

boat (bt)
n.

A relatively small, usually open craft of a size that might be carried aboard a ship.
An inland vessel of any size.
A ship or submarine.

I did not include the section involving crockery.

Even with this outstanding bit of clarification I say "no" to Splash and "no" to Pan. I don't feel like elaborating about why - it just feels right.

lisap
01-24-2002, 04:51 AM
Plus, I don't think the Peter Pan cms would look kindly on seven or nine people piling into a vehicle (can you picture the whole pirate ship snapping off over London?). The boat ride cms are much more tolerant/unconcerned....

IndianaJenn
01-24-2002, 08:40 AM
I would have to say I do enjoy the quiet nights on Small World ... nothing better than you and a few of your closest friends making up new Small World lyrics!

lisap
01-24-2002, 11:45 AM
Hi IndianaJen--noticed that this was your first post. I would like to invite you over to the lounge where you can introduce yourself and we can all officially say "hi"
Come on, we don't bite (too hard)
:)