PDA

View Full Version : Singing in the Tiki Room

Pages : [1] 2 3

jetkitten
05-11-2005, 01:43 PM
When I was young my mom would sing along with the tiki birds and I didn't like it at all. I thought it was way too childess.

BUT!

Now that I'm older I sing along with her, loving every minute. Anyone else sing with the birds?

Andrew
05-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Now that I'm older I sing along with her, loving every minute. Anyone else sing with the birds?
Every time! And I whistle, too.

nursemelis374
05-11-2005, 01:48 PM
I also found that to be true on POTC. When I was young I was so embarassed when my parents would sing and now I proudly sing! Same story in Tiki Room! We are just getting old I guess!

mystycalchyk
05-11-2005, 02:06 PM
:fez: *proudly sings* :fez:

keschy
05-11-2005, 02:07 PM
I sing too :)

mystycalchyk
05-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Lets alll sing like the birdies sing...tweet tweet tweet tweet tweet :D

MsYumiBr
05-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Hmmm. It's been a while since I've been in the Tiki Room but I believe the MC bird actually *tells* everyone to sing "Let's all sing like the birdies sing...". POTC on the other hand doesn't and it does annoy people. I have come to realize it's okay to have fun and sing along or speak along with the rides during value season, (just don't make up your own words please!), but never do so during peak season. Grumpy, grumpy, mean summer guests. :(

However, you can sing Grim Grinnin' Ghosts all you want because it's so loud in the HM doombuggies, no one can hear you anyway.

nursemelis374
05-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Hmmm. It's been a while since I've been in the Tiki Room but I believe the MC bird actually *tells* everyone to sing "Let's all sing like the birdies sing...". POTC on the other hand doesn't and it does annoy people. I have come to realize it's okay to have fun and sing along or speak along with the rides during value season, (just don't make up your own words please!), but never do so during peak season. Grumpy, grumpy, mean summer guests. :(

However, you can sing Grim Grinnin' Ghosts all you want because it's so loud in the HM doombuggies, no one can hear you anyway.

Almost everytime I go on POTC (which is about 3-4 times a month) 75% of the boat is singing the song! It is only for a short time, so usually doesn't annoy people!

Hakuna Makarla
05-11-2005, 02:22 PM
I thought5 I was suposed to be quiet in rides and such. I was told I had to be quiet to hear and to let others hear whats going on?
(But I do sing my brains out in the shower) oh and the toilet) when your my age singing on the toilet means you will live another day :)

nursemelis374
05-11-2005, 02:24 PM
I do not speak any of the words on the rides (for ex. in the stretching room on HM nor in the cave on POTC). I just mouth them. I also don't think singing is a big deal as long as you are not booming it out and ruining the ride for others.

pretty Omi
05-11-2005, 02:46 PM
the last time me and my mom were the only ones singing! i wasn't embarassed though, i felt bad that no one else was enjoying themselves as much as we do! :D we also dance to the que music :p

justlittleoldme
05-11-2005, 03:35 PM
I sign with the birdies in the tiki room, but the rest of the time I sing quietly under my breath. If not, everyone would run screaming.

stan4d_steph
05-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Of course I sing along in the Tiki Room, especially when asked by my birdie friends. :)

"Let's all sing like the birdies sing, tweet, tweet tweet, tweet tweet..."

SCUBAbe
05-11-2005, 03:59 PM
When I was young my mom would sing along with the tiki birds and I didn't like it at all. I thought it was way too childess.

BUT!

I went in once and when everyone started singing along I ran for the exit...it totally FREAKED me out...LOL

SCUBAbe
05-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Lets alll sing like the birdies sing...tweet tweet tweet tweet tweet :D

OMG!!! thats the song that sent me running...LOL

it;s also really annoying when the peopel in the POTC boats yell at the people eating at the Blue Bayou. Yes, I'm trying to enjoy my meal...SHUT UP!!!

disneygurl92
05-11-2005, 04:18 PM
i find it really funny when I'm on POTC and everyone sings the chorus in Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me but then they just mumble the rest.

Disneyfun
05-11-2005, 04:48 PM
i find it really funny when I'm on POTC and everyone sings the chorus in Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me but then they just mumble the rest.
Not Me I know the rest!
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We pillage, we plunder, we rifle, and loot,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot,
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.

We extort, we pilfer, we filch, and sack,
Maraud and embezzle, and even high-jack,

We kindle and char, inflame and ignite,
We burn up the city, we're really a fright,

We're rascals, scoundrels, villans, and knaves,
We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs,

We're beggars and blighters, ne'er-do-well cads,
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads,

ANd yes I sing in the tikii room and Small world and Casy JR. But not too loudly I do not want ot scare people!

tod
05-11-2005, 04:52 PM
The other day a Jungle Cruise skipper pulled out the old chestnut "If you had a good time, this is the Jungle Criuse and I'm [his name]. If not, my name is [girl's name] and this was Pirates of the Caribbean."

Then he started to sing:

We pillage, we plunder, we rifle, and loot,
Drink up, me hearties, yo ho.
... I don't know the rest of the words
And neither does anyone else...

Cracked me up.

--t

Disneyfun
05-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Oh Come on I am not the only person who knows the words am I? some one out there must be as geeky as me.

Of course I can also do all of the colors in Josephs tecnicolor dream coat :confused:

Opus1guy
05-11-2005, 05:01 PM
I was just in the Tiki Room about an hour ago. I think I was singing, but my honey would call it snoring. ;)

(That very rear back wall corner seat by the exit is perfect for short naps.)

And whoever wrote that post about the new chairs being crummy...I'll second that. I tried one out and it was uncomfortable as heck on the lower back. Probably were designed that way to stop people like me from napping!

tod
05-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Oh Come on I am not the only person who knows the words am I? some one out there must be as geeky as me.

No, you aren't the only one. I taught it to my kids as soon as they could talk.

The joke's still funny.

Of course I can also do all of the colors in Josephs tecnicolor dream coat :confused:

Andrew Lloyd Webber? Ewww! :eek:

--t

pirateabbie
05-11-2005, 05:09 PM

Me too. On both counts. There's nothing like a good show tune, unless it's a good Disney tune. :)

DisneylandForever
05-11-2005, 05:11 PM
I once bought tickets to a "sing-a-long" viewing of Mary Poppins at the El Capitan in Hollywood. :geek:

So... Yeah. I sing like the birdies sing when I'm in the Tiki Room. Tweet, tweet tweet, tweet tweet.

;)

Disneyfun
05-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Me too. On both counts. There's nothing like a good show tune, unless it's a good Disney tune. :)
I definetly agree.

My husband says I have disnetized my daughter, but honestly she will only listen to diseny songs in the car. I have tried others but it is alwas back to disney or "the color song" as she calls it. ANnything else she would rather have no music.

pirateabbie
05-11-2005, 05:26 PM
I definetly agree.

My husband says I have disnetized my daughter, but honestly she will only listen to diseny songs in the car. I have tried others but it is alwas back to disney or "the color song" as she calls it. ANnything else she would rather have no music.

She sounds like a very sensible child. Nice work!