PDA

View Full Version : Alaska Air Disney Plane

DizMagic
05-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Do any of you West Coast regulars know how one can find out a head of time if they will get to ride on the Alaska Airlines Disney painted plane, assuming you have Alaska Air tickets of course. Are there certain flight paths / times / etc that use these planes, or are all of the planes decorated with Disney?

RocketRob
05-11-2005, 08:54 PM
Alaska Air is not very specific about what plane is where and when. There are two Disney planes in Alaska's fleet and I would think it would be the luck of the draw as to which aircraft you will be on. The only info published is the type of aircraft but not which one.

We flew on the "We're going to Disneyland" plane once but we had no idea we were going to ahead of time. It was a pretty cool sight when the big blue plane pulled up to the gate sporting Disney characters down the side.

We leave Friday for our eight day trip to the DLR. Maybe we'll get to ride the new Tink plane....we'll see.

sunfun94
05-11-2005, 09:02 PM
When I was still living in WA, I tried to find out if my flight was going to be on that coolio plane.. but they said that since due to 9/11 that they cant give that info out (its specific wherabouts sp?)...however, I think though that if you know what the flight number is on the plane you can ask on that day..I cant remember to be honest on how they told us to ask so that you can see if you get to be on that particular plane...:)

AVP
05-11-2005, 09:07 PM
Tony flew on that plane to Seattle Monday night, but had a different one coming home.

AVP

Osky
05-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Up until last December, I flew on Alaska Air every week. I asked them once and they said they did not know which plane would be where until a day or two before, and quite often equipment (planes) would be changed last minute depending on demand.

Chadsgal
05-11-2005, 09:36 PM
We fly out of Seattle in June and we all are hoping for the Tinkerbell plane!!! I too have been told that they don't know until right before due to the pure fact that there could be issuses with the plane.

sleepyjeff
05-11-2005, 10:02 PM
When making a reservation for a flight make sure your plane is a 737-400(series)....this will increase your chances of ending up on one of those planes :)

Disnerd
05-11-2005, 11:03 PM
The registration number for the Mickey and Friends plane is N784AS.
The Tink plane is N791AS. Now that I've told you we will probably go to code Orange or Red. (just kidding, you see what happened to Washington D.C. when an instructor and student pilot got lost. :D

DizMagic
05-12-2005, 05:13 AM
Thanks so much. My partner and I are both terrified of flying - but for some strange reason I think I will feel better if I see Mickey on the side of my plane.

CoasterChickie
05-12-2005, 07:26 AM
We leave Friday for our eight day trip to the DLR. Maybe we'll get to ride the new Tink plane....we'll see.

They have a plane with Tink on it?

How very cool!!

I hope you get that plane for your trip!!! :)

itig
05-12-2005, 08:17 AM
Any pics of the plane(s)?

bradk
05-12-2005, 08:35 AM
dunno about tink, but you can buy models of the disney plane through the Alaska Airlines store:

http://companystore.alaskasworld.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=83

hlbtimes2
05-12-2005, 08:51 AM
New Tink plane (http://vacations.alaskaair.com/as/vacations/Disneyland/Tink-737.asp)

We wanted to fly Alaska air, in hopes of riding one of the Disney planes. But, then I found I could fly for $400 less ($100 a person) on United. My kids were a bit disappointed, but since there is no way to even know if you are going to get on one of them or not, it was a gamble I was willing to take.

Opus1guy
05-12-2005, 09:14 AM
"We're Going To Disneyland" Plane (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/827232/L/)

50th Anniversary Tink "Follow Me To Disneyland" Plane (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/818838/L/)

DizMagic
05-12-2005, 09:20 AM
Come on guys do those planes not make you feel safer already. Boy I hope I get one:)

Opus1guy
05-12-2005, 09:44 AM
Come on guys do those planes not make you feel safer already.

Well...as long as they fill her up with good ol' Jet-A and not Pixie Dust...she should be just as safe.

;)

Chadsgal
05-12-2005, 09:46 AM
Well I am booked on a 737-400, lets all cross our fingers. We would just be so excited!!!

Dizmagic just remember all it takes to fly is: faith, trust and a little bit of pixie dust! :)

DizMagic
05-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Chadsgal - I think I am short the faith and trust - I hope I have enough spare Pixie Dust to make up :) Thanks

Chadsgal
05-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Good luck and I am sending more pixie dust your way! :p

Just remember think happy thoughts!!!

itig
05-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the links Opus1guy - those are great pictures!

outlaw8
05-12-2005, 02:35 PM
So do the INSIDE of these planes look any different?? Do they serve you mini Mickey ears?
Close your eyes before boarding, Have someone lead you to your seat and once inside open your eyes and TELL yourself " Tink" is flying us to Disneyland....
You will NEveR know the difference...;)
Oh and have a couple stiff drinks..LOL

RocketRob
05-12-2005, 08:47 PM
So do the INSIDE of these planes look any different?? Do they serve you mini Mickey ears?

The only difference is the outside. Inside, at least on the "We're going to Disneyland" plane, had no differences. I haven't seen the inside of the "Tink" plane but I suspect it's the same.

Tony
05-12-2005, 08:56 PM
Actually, there is a very nice plaque on the bulkhead as you board the Tink plane. Also, the boarding music is Disney. Otherwise, there are decorative elements, etc that would indicate on the interior.

Opus1guy
05-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Yeah. No changes on the inside. Just the outside livery has changed. If you want to see more of her go here:

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=N791AS

If you scroll down the page, you'll see the exact same aircraft (reg #N791AS) in her old pre-Disney livery.