PDA

View Full Version : Sun Wheel - Purple cars more fun

justagrrl
01-21-2002, 02:39 PM
Don't know if anyone else has noticed - but the purple cars on the Sun Wheel give you a much better swing. The orange cars don't stop at the same spot on the wheel, when they are loading passengers, so they give a fairly gentle swing.

(This is my 3 year olds favorite ride of all time so we've ridden it many, many MANY times.)

disneynut
01-21-2002, 06:32 PM
I've only been on that ride once. It made me veerrrry sick to my stomach and gave me a headache. My four year old just loved it though. Is there a trick to not getting sick on this ride? Like looking in the same spot or just closing your eyes? Ferris wheels and teacups (as long as they don't go too fast) I'm fine with. I'd love to take him back on it but am not sure if I have the stomach for it.

justagrrl
01-21-2002, 07:24 PM
Try going on the "orange side" instead of purple. When you sit down, sit on the left side so you are facing Harbor Blvd. That way when you "slide", you'll be going forward, like a swing. I found it helpful to extend one leg and sort of prop it on the opposite seat - as there isn't really anything to hold onto - it made me feel a little more stable.]

My 3 year old thinks it's his own personal roller coaster. He raises his arms like big sister does on Screamin' and let's out a high pitched ear drum vibrating screech. He loves the idea that not only is it a great ride, but he's encouraged to scream away at the same time. (You should hear his Dad - sheesh - he's a real hoot-n-hollar-er on the rides too)

disneynut
01-21-2002, 07:32 PM
Thanks. We'll have to give that a try next time we're there. (In about 3 days-yea, can hardly wait.) My son really likes that ride and since there are so few rides he can actually go on at DCA I feel bad saying no to the ones he can go on.