PDA

View Full Version : How will the crowds be President's Day weekend?

Poptart
05-11-2005, 09:32 AM
Is it usually crowded that weekend even though it's February? Or are the crowds lighter?

cstephens
05-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Is it usually crowded that weekend even though it's February? Or are the crowds lighter?

President's Day weekend is generally quite crowded.

hlbtimes2
05-11-2005, 10:33 AM
Long holiday weekends are always going to bring bigger crowds. Doenst seem to matter what the holiday, or time of year.

Disneyfun
05-11-2005, 10:48 AM
No it is busy! With locals.

VickiC
05-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Very busy, unless it rains, then lighter.

Poptart
05-11-2005, 11:21 AM
Thanks everyone! :)

MsYumiBr
05-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Well, my family always goes to DL for my birthday. That happens to usually land around President's Day weekend. This time it rained (and we even got some lightning) for all 3 days. This meant that the park wasn't a zoo, everything was practically a walk-on except Grizzly, TOT, California Screamin' and Fantasyland rides, but with rides with fastpasses were a walk on. Screamin's fastpass dispensers were down and a CM was trying with futility to keep the water from flooding around the machines. The rain also meant for some grumpy CMs who ride their bike to work or have to stand in the rain all day. This also meant places to keep out of the rain were at a premium, expecially for eating. Now if it doesn't rain, do try to go in the middle of the week and don't leave on the last day of the 3 day weekend. That was a nightmare trying to check out along with everyone else. It wasn't the actual checking out part that was the problem at all since we had express checkout. It was using the elevators to get out! The rain also meant a lot of show cancellations. We missed the fireworks which they actually have on that weekend. There were quite a few ride closures too due to rain or rehab for the 50th. Believe me. The hotels were expecting huge crowds, all 3 resort hotels were sold out until a week or so before the weekend when the weather reports came out predicting lots of rain. Then there were cancellations left and right. That's the only way we got the reservations. I love going to DL in February. You will have fun. Just plan on big crowds, make those reservations ASAP and don't leave on Monday.