PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Question

pirateabbie
05-10-2005, 03:49 PM
This is probably a very silly question, but does anyone know exactly why the Monorail and some of the Fantasyland rides are closed during the fireworks? I have a good guess but I'm still sort of curious about it.

Disney Show Member
05-10-2005, 04:00 PM
because of the new firework launch locations, they dont want anything or anyone to close to where they go off. The monorail i dont really understand y, cuz your inside a car the whole time. I've watched the fireworks from the top of the TDA parking structure and the main launch pad is right at the bass of that building and tons of fallout falls on that parking structure, but we were underneath 1 level looking up and the fire dept./ security didnt seem to mind. Also fanatasyland has a lot of fireworks shooting off of the various buildings from there such as the castle mostly, so thats y its closed off. Just like Toontown gets closed of also.

Disnerd
05-10-2005, 04:01 PM
:eek: They are in fallout zones. Areas where hot burning material can fall from the sky. Ouch!

Disney Show Member
05-10-2005, 04:03 PM
:eek: They are in fallout zones. Areas where hot burning material can fall from the sky. Ouch!

yup, but the firworks they shoot off in the park itself does not have dangerous or no fallout at all, which is y the fireworks they use there arent very big and dramatic

Disneyfun
05-10-2005, 05:23 PM
Last year I was leaving the parking lot headsing to ball road when the fire works were going off. It was very creepy to see the fire works you see that look like a water fall, Fall right onto your car. I was actually ducking in the car. !! Hmmm. There is a place we did not try looking at the fire works from I for got about that. But some people will stand at the end of the parking structure and watch the fire works. NO music but if You got a cd or Ipod!

Disnerd
05-11-2005, 07:13 AM
I live behind the park and my car is covered by an awning. Come over a see the burn holes in it from the fireworks. Every year Disneyland buys me a new one and pays to have the RV's in the area washed. There is fall out down wind from the park.

AB29
05-11-2005, 10:10 AM
This is probably a very silly question, but does anyone know exactly why the Monorail and some of the Fantasyland rides are closed during the fireworks? I have a good guess but I'm still sort of curious about it.
the product being shot from the Matterhorn, Castle and Buzz is the reason for shutting down the Monorail. It is always better to be safe than sorry when dealing with pyrotechnics. This is for the same reason that the Castle and Matterhorn Way are restricted during the shoots. there are also several backstage restrictions as well to provide for the safety of CM's

bassett1976
05-11-2005, 10:33 AM
The monorail might be enclosed but the windows are open frequently in at least one car.