PDA

View Full Version : Shopper's Pass

DJ_MENTOS
05-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Does anyone know if the Shopper's Pass (Free Admission for an hour) is still being offered what with all of the 50th Anniversary festivites?

Thanks in advance,
Bryan

Tinker Bell
05-10-2005, 04:02 PM
I have one too can you also use this for eating? Say someone wants to eat at the BB.

kohl
05-10-2005, 04:05 PM
What are these? I've never heard of it.

Mukta
05-10-2005, 04:09 PM
What are these? I've never heard of it.

A shopper's pass allows you to enter either park for 1 hour. You give them a credit card and they give you a pass. If you don't return in one hour, they charge your credit card for a day's pass.

Larilyn
05-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Once you enter the park, you can do whatever you'd like during that hour. However, I wouldn't suggest eating at the BB, mostly because you can't predict how long that will take you. They're pretty strict about the hour window.

Ulysses
05-11-2005, 09:14 AM
They don't make a point of advertising it, but you can get a 1-hour shopping pass by leaving a credit card at Guest Services.

The Lovely Mrs. tod
05-11-2005, 09:37 AM
The last time we used one (we were between AP's) they said we should bring a receipt back when we turned in the tickets and got our cc chit torn up. But, if I remember right, they really didn't look at it that hard. tod and I bought the mouse ears we went for and enjoyed a cup of coffee, the Little tods dashed over to Adventureland and did Indy as single riders and we made it back inside the hour.

-TLMt

Disneyluvr
05-11-2005, 11:14 AM
Can you do this at CA too?

Disneynerd
05-11-2005, 11:18 AM
What if you don't end up buying anything? For instance, you wanted a clothing item and they didn't have it in your size?

Larilyn
05-11-2005, 02:58 PM
You don't have to buy anything, you just have to be back within the hour. They call it a shoppers pass because that's the intention behind it, but you don't have to prove you've been shopping.

DJ_MENTOS
05-20-2005, 12:22 PM
UPDATE: Just got off the phone with Guest Services. She said you have to obtain a pass no later than 1 hour before the park closes. You also have to be back with a valid receipt. This info conflicts with previous posts, so take it with a grain of salt. They said you need to be back within TWO hours.

hlbtimes2
05-20-2005, 12:50 PM
What if you don't end up buying anything? For instance, you wanted a clothing item and they didn't have it in your size?

A "valid reciept" leaves things pretty open. You could buy a post card for under a buck and have yourself covered. Or a snack to enjoy while you catch the parade or fireworks.

Larilyn
05-20-2005, 03:11 PM
Hmmm...I'm not saying that DJ is wrong about info he got since things constantly change, but just adding that I think they probably take different situations into consideration. Example, my grandma bought my sister a ring at the estate jewelry store. It had to be resized, and picked up a week later. My sister's pass expired during that week, and got a shopper's pass to go pick it up. The store didn't open until after the shopper's pass expired (and they only gave her an hour....maybe it's changed in the last couple of months....this was end of January). I stayed in the park to pick up the ring, but she didn't have a receipt and still didn't get charged.

Just throwing that in. :)

vegasmommytoDL
05-20-2005, 11:16 PM
WOW. I have never heard of these before. It won't actually be useful to me this trip since our passes actually have an extra day we won't use... but I'll remember the tip.

What I want to know is.... what would prevent a person exiting after the "shopping" visit from getting a hand stamp then ticket trading with someone who already used their ticket for the day.... I dunno, I'm just surprised they have a shopping pass.

rentayenta
05-21-2005, 05:34 AM
I don't have enough restraint to stay only an hour. I would have to sneak a ride on POTC, The Matterhorn, and IASW. Plus, I'd have to have some popcorn and a Coke.

tod
05-21-2005, 05:36 AM
I don't have enough restraint to stay only an hour. I would have to sneak a ride on POTC, The Matterhorn, and IASW. Plus, I'd have to have some popcorn and a Coke.

Take more than an hour and it'll cost you $53.

--t

rentayenta
05-21-2005, 05:41 AM
Take more than an hour and it'll cost you $53.

--t

Yeah, that's what I have heard. ;)

Crazy4DL
05-21-2005, 05:46 AM

thinking the same thing here!

who could go to Disneyland for only one hour?? :eek:

;)

rentayenta
05-21-2005, 06:03 AM

;)

Not me, that's for sure!

And if you stay over an hour, it'll cost you $53.....so I have heard. :p

Crazy4DL
05-21-2005, 07:10 AM
Not me, that's for sure!

And if you stay over an hour, it'll cost you $53.....so I have heard. :p

well, I might as well just pay up front then :D

DJ_MENTOS
05-24-2005, 11:17 AM

;)

Those just stopping in for Fantasmic or the Fireworks... Or those on their lunch break.

hlbtimes2
05-24-2005, 11:20 AM

;)

Someone who's used all the day on a park hopper, and needs one last souviner that they were debating about and decided that they really had to have!