PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks for 50th or Believe Holiday

Pages : [1] 2

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-10-2005, 01:31 PM
Our next trip is the first week in November. I love to go then, not very crowded and the holiday stuff is up. This is also the week iasw opens decorated for Christmas and they start Believe Holiday. Any thoughts on how things will work this year with the 50th celebrations and the holiday fireworks? I would like the boys to be able to see both shows for the 50th and still be able to see the holiday fireworks and snow when they normally start on the weekend. What do you all think they will do?

pisces
05-10-2005, 01:42 PM
They have to do the Believe with the snow. There is no choice. They are major scrooges if they don't do it. They'd better. I still haven't bought my Believe soundtrack yet. If I had the soundtrack, maybe it'd be ok.

Those Believe fireworks are like a drug, and ever since going last year, after 25 years absence from the Park, and my special Christmas week.......I'll expect Believe.

I almost feel like I won't go if they don't do it.

Well....I'll still go, but I'll be :mad: without Believe, the snow, HMH, Small World Holiday, and all the rest of the trimmings!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-10-2005, 01:46 PM
They have to do the Believe with the snow. There is no choice. They are major scrooges if they don't do it. They'd better. I still haven't bought my Believe soundtrack yet. If I had the soundtrack, maybe it'd be ok.

Those Believe fireworks are like a drug, and ever since going last year, after 25 years absence from the Park, and my special Christmas week.......I'll expect Believe.

I almost feel like I won't go if they don't do it.

Well....I'll still go, but I'll be :mad: without Believe, the snow, HMH, Small World Holiday, and all the rest of the trimmings!

This may work well for us. We have plans to get there Tuesday before Believe normally starts. Hopefully we can then see Remember during the week, and catch Believe with the snow on Friday and Saturday! Fingers crossed this works out.

Newseditor44
05-10-2005, 02:48 PM
This may work well for us. We have plans to get there Tuesday before Believe normally starts. Hopefully we can then see Remember during the week, and catch Believe with the snow on Friday and Saturday! Fingers crossed this works out.

Believe will return for Christmas the first week in November. Remember will return to the park sometime Feb 2006.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Believe will return for Christmas the first week in November. Remember will return to the park sometime Feb 2006.

So they should have Remember up until Believe starts on November 4th?

Disney Vault
05-10-2005, 05:10 PM
Is this for sure? I thought they were going to keep the 50th fireworks for the entire 18 month celebration.

Wendi
05-10-2005, 07:01 PM
It sure would be nice to be able to catch both shows in one trip next time, huh Lori??? I'll hope for both, but I will be happy with one (would be nice if they'd do "Remember" and snow!)

Disney Vault
05-10-2005, 08:27 PM
It sure would be nice to be able to catch both shows in one trip next time, huh Lori??? I'll hope for both, but I will be happy with one (would be nice if they'd do "Remember" and snow!)
I was thinking that too. It would be perfect if they did the remember dreams come true fireworks and then with the remember when song that Lean Rimes sings they could have the snow.

pisces
05-11-2005, 09:23 AM
That's perfect for me. I don't need "Remember". I can always watch the video.

I'm going specifically for Christmas. I think of my December trip as an extension of my Christmas merriment.

I'm so pleased. (If this is true. Has it been verified?) If so, it means that they've made a major investment/commitment in "Believe", and feel a major importance and commitment to the Christmas season in general. ---I hope.

Tyuasd
05-11-2005, 01:13 PM
If they were smart they would keep Remember at Disneyland throughout the Christmas Holiday and adapt Believe for California Adventure.

I've seen reports that the Xmas parade will move over to DCA (to keep PoD at DL). so why not move Believe as well. DCA has had fireworks before (2001's LuminAria).

A proven and well-liked fireworks show for the Hioliday season might actually bring the crowds over to DCA.

pisces
05-11-2005, 02:56 PM
That's an interesting idea, but they need the Magic Castle to do any fireworks.

If they do the fireworks at DCA, what would be in the foreground? Tower of Terror? :rolleyes: That'd be interesting set up against Believe. Sort of a comedy spoof of Believe. I can just see it: "Cherish those Christmas memories forever....." .....as the Tower of Terror sign lights up and starts flashing......

Launch Believe over Grizzly Peak? That's a little more appropriate than TOT, at least.

I say just do everything. Hel-lo????? It gets dark early in Nov-Dec. There's enough hours of evening to do both Remember and Believe. Just do Remember at 5:30, then go right into Believe at 6:00, with snow at 6:15-30 ish. Then start the whole thing over at 7:00-8:00 ish.

I really don't know what the big deal is. Why not do everything?

Winter is their busiest season, or one of the busiest. They might as well do it all!

Disney Acrobat
05-11-2005, 03:02 PM
If they were smart they would keep Remember at Disneyland throughout the Christmas Holiday and adapt Believe for California Adventure.

I've seen reports that the Xmas parade will move over to DCA (to keep PoD at DL). so why not move Believe as well. DCA has had fireworks before (2001's LuminAria).

A proven and well-liked fireworks show for the Hioliday season might actually bring the crowds over to DCA.

Correct...the christmas parade will move to dca and pod will be staying as is in dL. block party will stop for christmas as well. yet im not sure if there is anything to do with fire works in dca...doubt it.

Disney Vault
05-11-2005, 03:40 PM
block party will stop for christmas as well.
Are you sure about that? I thought I remembered hearing that they would have both parades. One would be ealier and one would run later. I am so confused now about the holiday season this year.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-11-2005, 04:23 PM
I really want Believe and snow at DLR for my trip in early November. I will be back again before the 18 months is up so I can see Remember then. I will be very disappointed, as will my kids, if we don't see snow then.
I know, never happy! LOL
Ideally, I want both! I WANT IT ALL!
Oh and I really want to get that purple shirt with the castle on it, Wendi, I should have bought that one too!! :( Had to throw that in while we are telling our wants. LOL Guess I can ask Santa!

mystycalchyk
05-11-2005, 04:33 PM
ughh I would be so happy if they keep 'Remember'

sorry, but the only one I ever get to see is 'Believe'.

Maybe they can do both....what a great solution :D

Disney Acrobat
05-12-2005, 12:11 AM
Are you sure about that? I thought I remembered hearing that they would have both parades. One would be ealier and one would run later. I am so confused now about the holiday season this year.
at tryouts they gave the schedule for the parades and for block party it didnt go into christmas. but alot was undecided then so maybe...i tryed to ask today but nobody knew when the bash was going to be over...not even the performers.

WITron
05-12-2005, 12:16 AM
What are you people on :confused:????? This is a big thing for the park to turn 50. It only happens once in a great moon that we can celebrate something special like this. Christmas comes every year. So why not enjoy the 50th and the very special fireworks show they have put together for it???

Now don't get me wrong I love Christmas at DL and that is why we are going to be there the first week of Dec. So we can see the Candlelight Procession and the decorations, but also to be a part of the 50th. If it had not been the 50th we would have planed to go to DW. I am already bumed they are moving the Christmas parade to DCA and bumping the EP. After seeing the video of the new fireworks show I am really excited about seeing it and would be ticked if they changed it to believe.

Momyto2boys stated that she will be back before the end of the 18 month celebration, but there are those that can't make it back that want to celebrate the 50th and remember is a big part of that. Sure there is the opening of Buzz and Space, but those will be there for years. Remember will only be there for the 18 months.

Another poster stated that this is an extension of their Christmas, which I agree with. It is not like they are canceling all of the Christmas decorations and celebrations. What did you do in the past when there was no Believe?

Let Disneyland have this year and next year you can have the Believe fireworks show back.

Tyuasd
05-12-2005, 09:51 AM
Well said WITron. The 50th is a once in a lifetime event. Christmas comes every year.

pisces, when I suggested Believe moving to DCA I had the Pier area in mind more than Tot or GRR. I think it would look nice to see the fireworks over the water. Though I don't know how much space they have for launching the shells there.

pisces
05-12-2005, 01:32 PM
Ok, let's argue: I cherish Christmas. I've had major health problems, and every Christmas, I make the wish......for another Christmas. It's a gift for me, and isn't something that just happens once a year.

It's a long way from May till December, and in that time lots of things happen......and when December finally gets here, I can take a breath, let out a sigh of relief, that I made it through another year. That's what Christmas is to me... a time to celebrate my surviving all the trials and tribulations throughout the year that I never thought I'd make it through.

That's the spirit of Believe. That I can Believe in another Christmas.....that we'll all be together again next Christmas, and all the Christmases past that we made it through.

Yes, an Anniversary says the same thing. But, there will be other Anniversaries too. They come every year, and there will be a 75th and 100th....and we'll all be there to witness them, God willing.

But, most of all Christmas is seasonal. The change in the weather, the solemnity of God's gifts. That's not an Anniversary.

To ignore Christmas is to ignore seasonal-spiritual changes that deserve recognition.

The change of seasons is in our soul. An anniversary doesn't eminante from the soul. It's just about marking time. Christmas is far more of a soul thing than an anniversary.

Hey, I'm all for doing everything. Just do it all. Have both the 50th and Believe.

But don't ignore Christmas and act like it doesn't exist, just because it'll come round the bend next year, like an assembly line. I don't think of it like that.

To ignore Christmas is to ignore the soul. IMHO

Ok, Soapbox OVER!!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Ok, let's argue: I cherish Christmas. I've had major health problems, and every Christmas, I make the wish......for another Christmas. It's a gift for me, and isn't something that just happens once a year.

It's a long way from May till December, and in that time lots of things happen......and when December finally gets here, I can take a breath, let out a sigh of relief, that I made it through another year. That's what Christmas is to me... a time to celebrate my surviving all the trials and tribulations throughout the year that I never thought I'd make it through.

That's the spirit of Believe. That I can Believe in another Christmas.....that we'll all be together again next Christmas, and all the Christmases past that we made it through.

Yes, an Anniversary says the same thing. But, there will be other Anniversaries too. They come every year, and there will be a 75th and 100th....and we'll all be there to witness them, God willing.

But, most of all Christmas is seasonal. The change in the weather, the solemnity of God's gifts. That's not an Anniversary.

To ignore Christmas is to ignore seasonal-spiritual changes that deserve recognition.

The change of seasons is in our soul. An anniversary doesn't eminante from the soul. It's just about marking time. Christmas is far more of a soul thing than an anniversary.

Hey, I'm all for doing everything. Just do it all. Have both the 50th and Believe.

But don't ignore Christmas and act like it doesn't exist, just because it'll come round the bend next year, like an assembly line. I don't think of it like that.

To ignore Christmas is to ignore the soul. IMHO

Ok, Soapbox OVER!!!

I pray, especially for you, and for the magic I see in my children's eyes when it starts snowing at the Happiest Place on Earth, that they have Believe.
IMHO a birthday, Disneyland's or anyone else's isn't more important than Christmas.
If I had to pick one show over the other, I pick Believe. It is true magic!

WITron
05-13-2005, 12:04 AM
I am sorry to hear about your health issues. Obviously we have different views on this and I doubt we will change either of our views over this. We both have entirely different situations, which affect our views. If I were in your situation I may totally feel the same way about Believe.

To me personally, Remember connects with me more. I grew up in the Southern California area and went to Disneyland every chance I got. My first job was there. Since then I have moved halfway across the country and have only been able to go every couple of years.

IMO Believe is just another average fireworks show with fake snow being shot out on Main Street. Where we live we get enogh real snow 4 months out of the year, so it is not that big of a deal to me. And I perfectly understand those that live in other areas of the country that don't get snow for Christmas how this can be special. When I lived in Southern Cal. I used to pray for a White Christmas, which of course never happened.

I have been looking forward to this year with great excitment. I would love to be there on July 17th, but unfortunately can't. So we planned our trip to celebrate the 50th around our favorite time of year. We love Disneyland at Christmas time it is a very special place with all the atmosphere. We wanted to combine celebrating a place we love with a special seaon we love.

I do not believe that an aniversary of a place take presedence over the true meaning of Christmas. If Disneyland were to decide that there would be no Christmas events and atmosphere because of the 50th I would be highly upset. I don't see replacing Believe with Remember as doing that.

Unfortunately I see this as a win-lose situation. One of us is going to be dissapointed on our trip. I know that if they have Believe instead of Remember I will be dissapointed, but I won't let it ruin my trip, and I hope that the same goes for you if they do Remember instead of Believe.

Doodle Duck
05-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Maybe I'm peeking through the wrong looking glass...but it seemed to me that 'Remember' has an ending that could (and will?) segway very nicely into the final moments of the 'Believe' finale.

pisces
05-13-2005, 02:15 PM
I grew up in Southern California too. So I haven't always seen snow. However, people in colder climates don't always get snow, on Christmas proper.

I've talked to New Yorkers who've said it's very rare for New York to ever get a full white Christmas.

Why must we choose? Why on earth can't they just do both Remember and Believe? I'd like an answer to that. What prevents them from doing both?

If the 50th runs till Dec. 31, 2006, then that means even the next year there'd be no Believe.

Also, did someone above say that EP is being discontinued for the Christmas Fantasy Parade? Do we know this for a fact?

Once again, just do everything. Have all the parades and offer all the various fireworks shows, which will allow something for everyone.

Buttercup
05-13-2005, 02:57 PM
I'm tentatively planning a December trip and would really like to know which it will be (or both) - if anyone hears anything please keep us posted!!

Doodle Duck
05-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Pisces:

Big Disney style Fireworks displays cost thousands upon thousands of dollars. Per show. The cost for a show is phenominal. I don't know Disney's nightly budget but it's high and skyrocketing (pun intended) with every new gimmick. The BIG shells are very expensive (each). The guest is getting a magnificent show every night, regardless the theme.

Doing two shows would slam the agreement with the city busy bodies as well.

It's like asking for a 2nd POTC to built for people who like all their Pirates to be New Yorkers and drive taxi cabs instead of boats. Ain't gonna happen. No reason for it to happen.