PDA

View Full Version : Where to get good fries

miss bianca
05-10-2005, 12:20 PM
I love the fries at Award Weiners. Their small shoe string like fries. Anyone know where at Disneyland they have these?

Thanks
:)

nsyncitnd1787
05-10-2005, 07:52 PM
I love the fries at Award Weiners. Their small shoe string like fries. Anyone know where at Disneyland they have these?

Thanks
:)

i dont' know where any like that are, but the fries sold at the fries cart in Frontierland has good fries. ya know the one by HM. sometimes, i just want fries from there, a churro, and a sprite. my fav fries at DL.

disneydenisel
05-10-2005, 08:24 PM
There is a shoestring fry place in CA Adventure. It's down the street where the Animation theater and where Playhouse Disney was (last March) and maybe still is. If you enter CA Adventure from the main entrance, stay to the left and then you'll pass some shops and then you'll come to a street. The fries are on the left at a window/counter place. They are really good.

If you like McDonald's fries, they have those in two locations. One in CA Adventure and the other is across from the Haunted Mansion area at a small booth that just sells fries.

Sorry I can't tell you the names of the places, it's been a year since I've been there.

Disneyfun
05-10-2005, 08:32 PM
There is a shoestring fry place in CA Adventure. It's down the street where the Animation theater and where Playhouse Disney was (last March) and maybe still is. If you enter CA Adventure from the main entrance, stay to the left and then you'll pass some shops and then you'll come to a street. The fries are on the left at a window/counter place. They are really good.

If you like McDonald's fries, they have those in two locations. One in CA Adventure and the other is across from the Haunted Mansion area at a small booth that just sells fries.

Sorry I can't tell you the names of the places, it's been a year since I've been there.

The place in DCA is Award Wieners. The shack across from HM in Disney hosted by Mc Donalds. As well as the Conestoga fris the cart just at the end of Big thunder mountain ride. In DCA is Burger Invasion also hosted my Mc Donalds.

DCAWhites
05-10-2005, 08:55 PM
MMM those fries across from the Haunted mansion are great better than any fries i have ever had at McDonalds. Not too bad of a price either (I think its around $3.50) because the thing is like humongous.

Scalper10
05-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Find a local In N Out Burger

stan4d_steph
05-11-2005, 05:56 AM
MMM those fries across from the Haunted mansion are great better than any fries i have ever had at McDonalds.The fries across from HM are McDonalds.

sdfilmcritic
05-11-2005, 05:57 AM
Although it's not in Disneyland I do like the criss cut chili fries at the Taste Pilot's Grill in DCA.

Crazy4DL
05-11-2005, 06:03 AM
The fries across from HM are McDonalds.

that is what I was thinking - good to know my memory works sometimes ;)

sdfilmcritic
05-11-2005, 06:04 AM
The fries across from HM are McDonalds.Shouldn't there be the Olympic theme song playing right now?

HM Olympics brought you by McDonald's. We are fries.

My2kidsrule
05-11-2005, 07:01 AM
I know they're not in the parks, but the fries at WhiteWater Snacks are really really good, too, and not too salty. ESPNZone has good fries, too.

But yeah, if you want the best fries, go to the nearest In N Out. :-)

vmjess
05-11-2005, 07:40 AM
Yep- the Mcdonalds fries in DL are WAY better than any McD's fries anywhere else! I think In and Out has the WORST Fries ever, I don't even get them when I go there- just a burger and drink. I can't put my finger on why I don't like them- maybe because they are REAL potatos sliced and fried fresh right there in the store- too fresh for this junk food junkie!

CrazyTrain
05-11-2005, 07:49 AM
Come ashore for some fries!!!
Ah, that cracks me up EVERY time!!!

miss bianca
05-11-2005, 08:16 AM
Yep- the Mcdonalds fries in DL are WAY better than any McD's fries anywhere else! I think In and Out has the WORST Fries ever, I don't even get them when I go there- just a burger and drink. I can't put my finger on why I don't like them- maybe because they are REAL potatos sliced and fried fresh right there in the store- too fresh for this junk food junkie!

Thats funny - I don't like In n Out Fries either. They taste freezer burned to me - yes I know they are fresh ;)

Pat-n-Eil
05-11-2005, 08:53 AM
Find a local In N Out Burger

Funny how different folks have different tastes.. I know they cut the potatoes fresh right before they cook them and everything - but every time I've had fries from In & Out (3 times) they didn't impress me. They were not golden brown and delicious - more like pale tan and chewy.

Whether you like McDonald's or not, a fresh batch of their fries right out of the cooker and properly salted are pretty hard to beat.

stan4d_steph
05-11-2005, 08:56 AM
The fries from In & Out tend to be softer than the fries from other fast food joints. I like fries a bit firmer on the outside.

Captain Josh
05-11-2005, 10:02 AM
The fries from In & Out tend to be softer than the fries from other fast food joints. I like fries a bit firmer on the outside.

...that's why you ask for them Well-Done.

SoCalDude
05-11-2005, 01:18 PM
Whether you like McDonald's or not, a fresh batch of their fries right out of the cooker and properly salted are pretty hard to beat.
and impossible to come by :p

sdfilmcritic
05-11-2005, 01:43 PM
The fries from In & Out tend to be softer than the fries from other fast food joints. I like fries a bit firmer on the outside.Are we going to have to revert back in time to the old French Fry campaign McDonald's and Burger King did seven or eight years ago? ;)

My2kidsrule
05-12-2005, 07:21 AM
See, that's the beauty of In N Out. You can get them however you want. It's like the hidden Mickeys, the menu doesn't say it all. So drive up, order a four-by-four animal style, a grilled cheese with onions, two fries crispy and a chocolate-strawberry shake. you won't get a second glance, but you'll get a great fresh meal.

OK, I'm done hijacking and making this an In N Out thread. Taste Pilots does have really good fries. and Karl Strauss (I can't get that in NorCal). Nuff said!

CoasterChickie
05-12-2005, 07:30 AM
Are we going to have to revert back in time to the old French Fry campaign McDonald's and Burger King did seven or eight years ago? ;)

LOL

I'm thinking maybe that's why this thread came up....lately I keep getting a pop-up that asks me to vote for which fries I like better. Have you guys been getting that one too?

As far as fries in DLR go, I like the ones at the stand to the right of the Golden Horseshoe in DL and the ones at the Taste Pilot's Grill iin DCA.

Oh, and I think In and Out Burger fries are disgusting!!!

MrsG
05-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Oh, and I think In and Out Burger fries are disgusting!!!
FRY WARS! FRY WARS!

I love In and Out fries! Come on! They are real, fresh potatoes! As long as they don't overcook them.

Opus1guy
05-12-2005, 01:05 PM
I carry these tiny little packets of Lawry's Seasoning Salt with me. Keep some in the trunk of the car too. Many French Fries are fantastic with Lawry's added. But many don't go well with it either. Most of the chain burger joint's fries aren't improved by seasoning. But many independent joint's (usually the bigger/thicker fries) are just fantastic with it added!

Most of the food places give out the packets at the Los Angeles County Fair when you order fries. So I always pinch a handful to carry me through the rest of the year "on the road." ;)

pisces
05-12-2005, 01:08 PM
McDonalds? You've got to be kidding.

Whitewater Snacks........their fries were huge and juicy. They did not taste frozen.

Also Steak Escape.....that mall, sort of, Philly Cheesesteak place. They make theirs with the skin on.