PDA

View Full Version : Coolest new item in the Park that I need to get?

PBKokiri
05-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Hey everyone,

I won't be back at DL until December, due to my first baby coming in Sept, but I am a total DL freak. I have a friend that is going this weekend, and he is asking me what do I want from the Park.

For those of you who have been since May 5, what is the cool new item that I should request? Something cool for the 50th, a neat tee, or something else? Any ideas? :~D

TIA!

Nicole

MammaSilva
05-10-2005, 11:26 AM
The new golden Guest of Honor Badges would be MY personal choice :)

stan4d_steph
05-10-2005, 11:50 AM
My choice would be some of the retro-themed merchandise. You should check out the article on merchandise on MousePlanet today (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050510avp.htm). It might give you some ideas. :)

Osky
05-10-2005, 12:09 PM
The 6-CD Limited Edition set, if any are still available.

itig
05-10-2005, 12:26 PM
The 6-CD Limited Edition set, if any are still available.
That was going to be my suggestion as well. I believe "AVP" has recommended Off the Page in DCA for a better chance at scoring a set.

nursemelis374
05-10-2005, 12:26 PM
I love the 50th retro stuff as well.

disney jones
05-10-2005, 12:51 PM
a visit to the Disney Gallery will empty my wallet, and some retro stuff.

oregontraveler
05-10-2005, 01:19 PM
My freind just got back from a Saturday trip. I had him buy me a new vintage T-Shirt and 2 pins, the 50th w/Mickey and the old Disney signage, same as T-shirt. another vote for the name badge and CD set.

merlinjones
05-10-2005, 01:23 PM
The 6-CD set is hard to top.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-10-2005, 01:29 PM
I got a cute royal blue shirt with Mickey and Minnie on the chest and the big 50th gold ears between them. I also would suggest get a new style antenna ball, I didn't get one when I was there the 5th and 6th, they were sold out! :mad:

Lani
05-10-2005, 02:22 PM
The 6-CD set is hard to top.It may also be hard to acquire if it's sold out, not to mention kind of stiff for the wallet.

For me, here are the things I would ask for specifically, and which I think would be very doable for a friend who isn't planning on blowing their entire budget for your souvenir:

1. Golden Mickey Ears with your name stitched on it.

2. Golden Disneyland name tag with your name engraved on it.

3. Any of the special 50th anniversary pressed pennies. The park has installed 50 new pressed penny machines to celebrate the anniversary. The full list is available here: http://parkpennies.com/50th.htm <-- they are cheap and real fun

4. A big handful of Disneyland 50th Anniversary paper napkins. They have the 50th logo on it.

5. Have your friend put the nametag, pressed pennies, and napkins all into an popcorn bucket so it's easy to carry!

There are other things, but these are relatively affordable and can only be purchased there, so I think they will mean more for you.

Remember, a "good souvenir" doesn't necessarily have to be an expensive souvenir! :)

Maus
05-10-2005, 07:56 PM
I know these things change quickly but when I was there yesterday I was told they were all out of the gold namebadges. I know there will be more but I was very disappointed.