PDA

View Full Version : Can you enter on a blackout date to validate APs?

Gymgirl975
05-10-2005, 09:07 AM
We may get APS, but our first day of vacation starts on a blacked out Saturday.........would we be able to enter to process the APS and enjoy the park that day?

bradk
05-10-2005, 09:10 AM
buy a 3 day hopper bonus to get in, get your perks and then upgrade to an AP before your time is up.

the other answer to your question is, yes, but you have to buy the AP blockout pass for that day anyway for $30 each

might as well do the hopper first, it won't cost you anything extra since it's credited against the AP (as long as the AP is more expensive) and you'll get the EE and ESPNZone card.

DJ_MENTOS
05-10-2005, 09:13 AM
If you buy your pass on a blackout-day, you can still get in. Basically the mentality would be, "I just bought my pass today and didn't know it was a black out day." So of course there not going to hold that against you.

Hope that makes sense

Gymgirl975
05-10-2005, 09:16 AM
Are the Socal APS still offered for people not living in SOcal?

Wendi
05-10-2005, 09:19 AM
We may get APS, but our first day of vacation starts on a blacked out Saturday.........would we be able to enter to process the APS and enjoy the park that day?

You can enter the parks to process your AP, I opted to get a one-day park hopper and then upgrade to the AP that night because I wanted to park hop and you may run into some problems trying to park hop with an AP on a blocked day.

You can try to get the SoCal, but don't count on it, make sure you have a backup plan just in case. I know at least Oct 04 they weren't enforcing, but you will need to use a SoCal address either way.

Christiii
05-10-2005, 09:24 AM
okay..so heres a question...we are coming this thursday - Monday..and my mom's pass has expired...so.....can we buy a three day park hopper and use it saturday, and then upgrade to just the deluxe passholder and save $$...even tho she has had the Premium??
That would be cool, since we were trying to decide what to do...we are going to Club 33 on Sat, and I know tix come with that..but Im not sure what time my friends are coming...and its their ressie...

sriggins
05-10-2005, 09:51 AM
okay..so heres a question...we are coming this thursday - Monday..and my mom's pass has expired...so.....can we buy a three day park hopper and use it saturday, and then upgrade to just the deluxe passholder and save $$...even tho she has had the Premium??
That would be cool, since we were trying to decide what to do...we are going to Club 33 on Sat, and I know tix come with that..but Im not sure what time my friends are coming...and its their ressie...

You can always invite geeks to C33 you know, it's in the bylaws somewhere :p

sunfun94
05-10-2005, 09:53 AM

There should be no reason that you wouldnt be able to do that ....:)

Disneyfun
05-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Just as info To buy a day for a black out day is $30.00 My mom and grandmother both wanted to go this past Dat. And were able to pay $30.00 to get in BUt then we decided to just up grade thier pass which they did and the $30.00 was included in that price.

MyBeast
05-10-2005, 12:49 PM
The first day you purchase your pass, you can go no matter if it's blocked out or not. I recommend getting your annual passes at the Disney Store -- its a paper pass and you have 3 months to start using it. So you can pick the first day you want to start it.