PDA

View Full Version : The Limited Edition Pin

sdlipton
05-10-2005, 08:19 AM
Hey all,
So, Alex and company reported that on Thursday the 5th there were people standing in line for up to 5 hours attempting to get the limited edition (I believe only 5000+ were made) 50th Anniversary Pin. I am curious if ANYONE has a pict of the pin and can tell me how they know its the limited edition one? ie.. does it have a # out of # detail on the back or something.

PLease folks.. there are lots of wannabees on ebay and i want to make sure im looking for the right thing.

Thanks so much.. you all rock.

SoCalDude
05-10-2005, 09:12 AM
LOL - ya.. all the buildup about how long the line was for this pin! I kept looking for a picture of this pin that was worth a 4 hour wait :geek:

Looking on this page:
http://www.dizpins.com/monthly_releases/2005/dl_may2005.htm

It seems the only LE pin put out on the 5th is the "Passholder Exclusive - Fifty Years Collection - Frontierland". But it says it was going to be released at a few locatins.. so everybody lining up at the pin shop does not add up.

oh - just noticed there is a "Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster Blast Off 2005" LE also, but would there really be a 4 hour line for this one?

outlaw8
05-10-2005, 09:22 AM
What about the Stitch Cinco de Mayo Pin..only 1000 and sold at Store Command only

sdlipton
05-10-2005, 09:49 AM
ARGHHHHHH!

Ok, so a friend of mine was at DLR on Wednesday and Thursday and she picked me up the 50th pin that has mickey on the front wiht a stick in his hand with the 50th gold ears behind him?

Is this what people were standing in line for?

Alex or anyone.. PLEASE HELP!

olegc
05-10-2005, 10:17 AM
ARGHHHHHH!

Ok, so a friend of mine was at DLR on Wednesday and Thursday and she picked me up the 50th pin that has mickey on the front wiht a stick in his hand with the 50th gold ears behind him?

No - it;s not that simple. There were three AP exclusives - A Mickey 50th, a Frontierland 50th, and a Lanyard Medal. then, there were about 20 pins being released on that day. All open edition - so no exclusivity. The line inside the Emporium, while not as long, was just as weird. All this wait and there was not really a limited edition pin being released that day.

My analysis was that since SO MANY PEOPLE came to the park that day, estimated about Half to be AP holders, that all this crush to do your shopping now because you were there on that day and you may not get back and these pins may be gone, and who knows when they get back, etc. was most likely adding to the demand. Plus - if they're avid pin collectors they won't just buy the first one off the rack - they will examine EACH PIN for defects or problems and ask to see another one.

Imagine that - 20 pins to look at and examine, and if you want more than one each, well - you get the picture.....

CrazyTrain
05-10-2005, 10:45 AM
ARGHHHHHH!

This is a regular pin and was released on May 4th.
HTH! :)

sdlipton
05-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Wow.. thanks Olegc.

Ok.. So this makes more sense now. I just figured that with the crush of people, and everything i had heard about the 5000 piece LE released pins (are these the AP pins you were talking about) that i wanted to make sure i was looking for the right thing.

cstephens
05-10-2005, 10:49 AM
No - it;s not that simple. There were three AP exclusives - A Mickey 50th, a Frontierland 50th, and a Lanyard Medal. then, there were about 20 pins being released on that day. All open edition - so no exclusivity.

According to dizpins, one of the AP pins was a limited edition.