PDA

View Full Version : Did park reach capacity over weekend and other questions

Disney Village
05-09-2005, 05:31 PM
Hi there, some friends of mine and myself are going to DL on Sat, 5/14. I’m hoping anyone that was in the park over the weekend can help answer some questions which will help us plan our trip next weekend.

1. Does anyone know if DL closed at all this past Saturday or Sunday (May 7/8)? I would imagine it was pretty close since it was first full weekend after the official dedication (and Mother’s day to boot).

2. If the park does close and you leave and get your hand stamped (say to go over to DCA), will they let you back in?

3. Finally, is Mickey and Friends opening any earlier then ½ hour before park opening? I would have to think they are letting cars in a little sooner then 30 minutes prior with the large crowds flooding into the park.

Thanks in advance for any helpful info!

cstephens
05-09-2005, 05:49 PM
1. Does anyone know if DL closed at all this past Saturday or Sunday (May 7/8)? I would imagine it was pretty close since it was first full weekend after the official dedication (and Mother’s day to boot).

The gates were not closed on Saturday or Sunday. It actually wasn't that bad in the park on Sunday. My husband and some friends went on Indy in the afternoon and said it was a half-hour standby wait.

2. If the park does close and you leave and get your hand stamped (say to go over to DCA), will they let you back in?

It depends on what's closed. At a certain point, they will stop selling new tickets, but if you already have a ticket, have a hand-stamp or have a valid AP, they will let you in. If the gates are closed because they've reached capacity and the fire marshall is saying no more people, they will stop letting people in until others leave, whether you have a hand-stamp or a valid AP.

3. Finally, is Mickey and Friends opening any earlier then ½ hour before park opening? I would have to think they are letting cars in a little sooner then 30 minutes prior with the large crowds flooding into the park.

The parking structure is generally open an hour before park opening.

Disney Village
05-09-2005, 09:45 PM
Thanks very much...if park didn't fill up this past weekend, I don't think it will this weekend.

I thought it would be more crowded on Mother's day. A friend of mine told me that Mrs. Knott's had a wait time of 3-4 hours during parts of the day yesterday...lot of mom's like chicken I guess!