PDA

View Full Version : Park Opening on Monday, May 9?

mkcbunny
05-09-2005, 05:02 PM
Hi all,

I've just a few questions about this morning. The Disney Web site says official opening was 10 a.m.

1) What time did they actually start letting people into the gates at DL this morning?
2) If they let people in before 10, was the park open, or did they do the rope drop?
2) How long were the lines at 9:30 a.m.?

Thanks.

cstephens
05-09-2005, 05:52 PM
Hi all,

I've just a few questions about this morning. The Disney Web site says official opening was 10 a.m.

1) What time did they actually start letting people into the gates at DL this morning?
2) If they let people in before 10, was the park open, or did they do the rope drop?
2) How long were the lines at 9:30 a.m.?

Thanks.

I don't have an answer to your questions, but I'm curious as to why you want to know...?

JeffG
05-09-2005, 07:34 PM
I don't have an answer to your questions, but I'm curious as to why you want to know...?

I'm guessing the original poster's sig line is probably a clue... :)

-Jeff

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
05-09-2005, 07:52 PM
If the opening is at 10 am, usually the gates open around 9:30 (you may want to get there early) sometimes on Mondays it can take about 15-20 minutes to get in, so you'll want to be at the front of the line. Main Street is open, characters will be available for pictures and autographs and Carnation Cafe, the Bakery and some of the shops are open. At 10 am on the nose there will be an announcement, the rope will drop and the crowd will take off in a controlled dash to their favorite attractions.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
05-09-2005, 07:53 PM
If the opening is at 10 am, usually the gates open around 9:30 (you may want to get there early) sometimes on Mondays it can take about 15-20 minutes to get in, so you'll want to be at the front of the line. Main Street is open, characters will be available for pictures and autographs and Carnation Cafe, the Bakery and some of the shops are open. At 10 am on the nose there will be an announcement, the rope will drop and the crowd will take off in a controlled dash to their favorite attractions.

of course now that I did this post I realized I am a bit late

mkcbunny
05-09-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm guessing the original poster's sig line is probably a clue... :)

-Jeff
Correct. I leave tomorrow afternoon. I've never been when the official opening was so late. It's always been 9, or even earlier when I went. I usually would go 40 mins before opening and be at or near the front of the line. But the whole open-the-gates-early/rope-drop thing seems unpredictible. Sometimes when I have gone, they have done it; sometimes they haven't. I wasn't sure if they'd switch gears after re-opening, and I didn't want to get there at 8:45, assuming a 9:30 gate opening, if they weren't letting guests in 'til 10.

My husband hates waiting in line, and it's his first trip, so I am really trying to minimize the gate wait and be up front in the line. I was hoping to arrive at 9 a.m., find the lines still pretty short, and then only have a half-hour wait 'til they start letting us in. But the 50th crowds have me a bit spooked.

mkcbunny
05-09-2005, 09:29 PM
of course now that I did this post I realized I am a bit late
No, not too late. :) I was asking for reference for Wednesday, actually. I leave Tues afternoon and will be at DLR Wed-Fri.

If anyone else has comments about current opening waits and timing, I am definitely still interested and will be checking e-mail on Tuesday before 1p.m. PST. Thanks!

Disnerd
05-10-2005, 06:58 AM
The current edition of The Cast Member Reference Guide and the posted edition of the Park Today (On the portal) shows a 10am opening. Main gate should be open by 9:30am. WDPOD at 7pm. Fireworks at 8:45pm. BPB at DCA at 5:30pm. Park closes at 9pm. DCA at 6pm. Have fun!

evrythngwmn
05-10-2005, 09:13 AM
May 11, 12 and 13 are all 50th Cast Member Experience days (what they're calling the free tickets we got instead of getting a CM preview). I don't know how much this will impact crowds but just fyi.

mkcbunny
05-10-2005, 12:22 PM
May 11, 12 and 13 are all 50th Cast Member Experience days (what they're calling the free tickets we got instead of getting a CM preview). I don't know how much this will impact crowds but just fyi.
Hmmmm. That's a little scary. Are they free tix you can give away to people?

I am now off to the airport and won't see your response. But maybe someone else can benefit from an answer.

Thanks, everyone for all your help on this and every other thread.

evrythngwmn
05-10-2005, 11:59 PM
They're not really tickets you give away but the minimum each cast member gets is a total of 4 (1 for themself and three guests). The whole group has to enter together with the CM. I'll be there myself on the 11th with my sister, 2 friends and my niece and her friend.

QueenofHearts
05-11-2005, 08:14 AM
On Monday the gates opened at 9:30, rope drop at 10:00. HOWEVER... there was also Early Entry - so the park already had a bunch of people in it riding rides and we raced to Peter Pan, only to find a huge line already. It was pretty crowded for a Monday. Alice in Wonderland always had a huge line all day. But, we were THRILLED to see fireworks on a Monday!! What a treat!

Have fun!

p.s. how do you get to go in for Early Entry? Stay on Property? What time do they open for Early Entry? Seems almost worth it!

bradk
05-11-2005, 08:49 AM
p.s. how do you get to go in for Early Entry? Stay on Property? What time do they open for Early Entry? Seems almost worth it!

3+day park hopper bonus tickets come with early entry for one day (which can be a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday) and a voucher for a $10 ESPNZone game card.

as of this moment in time, early entry is one hour prior to official park opening time and is limited to fantasyland and possibly BLAB.