PDA

View Full Version : Mosaics

PumbaaMan
05-09-2005, 01:10 PM
I've been out of town since the 5th and hope no one else has brought this up, but I was wondering if anyone noticed that one of the pictures used in the Simba/Nala mosaic in Adventureland had a picture of a group of people with Shrek. A psa pointed it out and I had to laugh. Has ayone noticed any pictures on any of the other mosaics that are out of place?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-09-2005, 01:31 PM
I didn't notice that.
But I did notice on several of the photos that they cut the people's heads off or that the photos were just of a wall, or a door or something, so they could get the color! How would that make you feel? You find out your pic is used and then go to look at it and all they used was the bottom half of your body!? LOL

Osky
05-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Or even worse, your picture was not used, and they used pictures of doors and walls, etc. :eek:

bassett1976
05-09-2005, 01:40 PM
I've noticed that some pictures had doubles just a few lines away from each other. My wife and I had 3 pictures that were used more than once. We also noticed a lot of pictures inside of DLR without any people in the picture.

notlemc
05-09-2005, 02:40 PM
With creating murals such as those at Disneyland, often times, the photos are not looked at by a human but by a computer. With photo mosiacs of the Disneyland size, the photos are put into the computer, they are 'looked' at by the computer for color, and for characteristics (such as dark lines that could be used for edging). Probably most of the pictures went through some sort of "cleaniness" process so that no "Flash Mountain" photos got into the mosiacs (if you know what I mean). However, if the photos were looked over by humans, then they simply mistaked Shrek for someother disneyland character. As for the pictures being used more than once, it is very typical in photo mosiacs. Each of those mosiacs requires a large amount of specific types of photos, and if a photograph offers those needed characteristics, then it will be used. If you look at posters that are made of photomosiacs, you can see that sometimes the same photo is used several times sometimes even right next to eachother (see the Yoda photo mosiac poster). As for the photos only showing the bottom part of you body, it's not uncommon for this to occur. Granted it would be better for the entire person to be in the photo, but to make the mosiac work, it may be necessary to use only someone's bottom half. Hopefully these individuals have another picture in the mosiac where their entire body would be featured. The photo mosiacs are not perfect, nor will they ever be, due to their difficulty and their size. Enjoy them as a piece of artwork that you helped create.

Osky
05-09-2005, 03:13 PM
However, if the photos were looked over by humans, then they simply mistaked Shrek for someother disneyland character.

Or left him in there on purpose.:eek: