PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks - Listen to soundtrack when off resort

Terrapin
05-09-2005, 07:36 AM
OK - Here is a somewhat geeky thing to do.

If you find yourself able to view the fireworks from off resort, say from a hotel room or the top of the Mickey & Friends Parking structure, think about using an MP3 player to supply the Remember Dreams Come True soundtrack. Currently you can get the soundtrack off the CD collection A Musical History of Disneyland. I am unaware of it's availability as a separate CD.

I checked the soundtrack on my ipod last evening against the actual performance and it was timed exactly the same and so synced up perfectly.

The key to syncing offsite is to begin the MP3 playback when you see the first fireworks. To do this start the playback and pause at 1:10 into the playback. This will be where Julie Andrews says:

"Are you ready to wish upon a star?"

When you see the first fireworks resume the playback. You will now be listening to the soundtrack synced to the fireworks show.

Certainly not the ideal way to see this show but I thought it might add to the experience for those stuck elsewhere during the fireworks.

stan4d_steph
05-09-2005, 09:09 AM
I did this once for Believe and watched from the top of the parking structure. It was good DL geek fun. Thanks for the tip on synching. :)

TikiGeek
05-09-2005, 09:17 AM
To do this start the playback and pause at 1:10 into the playback.:geek: How long did it take you to figure that out?

Terrapin
05-09-2005, 09:35 AM
:geek: How long did it take you to figure that out?

Easier maybe than it appears. At the show last night I just noted when the first fireworks go off during Julie's intro. Then played my mp3 version to that point and noted the time elapsed. Not an exact sync but you should be within a few seconds.

safetybar
05-09-2005, 09:45 AM
Just bought a house 10 miles from WDW. Im thinking of rigging something on the roof so I can do just that. Of course I'll most likely fall and break something...then have to explain to everyone what I was doing on the roof with the Wishes CD.

you know what...nevermind that.

Crazy4DL
05-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Just bought a house 10 miles from WDW. Im thinking of rigging something on the roof so I can do just that. Of course I'll most likely fall and break something...then have to explain to everyone what I was doing on the roof with the Wishes CD.

you know what...nevermind that.

LOL!!! :D

BQ2
05-09-2005, 06:31 PM
Interesting, Thanks