PDA

View Full Version : Yes - I'm asking about the building again!

justagrrl
01-21-2002, 06:07 AM
Okay- I know you guys already told me this- that the building behind CA screamin is for the parade stuff.

And I want to clarify - to make sure we are talking about the same building...

There is a plain, non-descript looking building (looks like several large, greyish boxes) behind the main sections of roller coaster. This, I'm assuming is what people are saying is the parade stuff...esp. as it's near one end of the parade route.

Now - over where the "station" is for CA Screamin' - there is a "fancier" looking building. It has some sort of wavy design at the top and is, I think, a pale yellow? I can only see it from the Sun Wheel...

If I'm asking the same question and beating a dead horse, I'm sorry. Just pat me on the head nicely and consider I must be a slow learner. :)

splbound
01-21-2002, 10:53 AM
I asked that same question awhile back. The answer (right or wrong) (But it makes sense) is that the first building houses the floats for DEP and Eureka. The 2nd houses the systems for Luminaria.

justagrrl
01-21-2002, 11:09 AM
The one that has scaffles on it and that looks to be under construction has parade stuff in it? Okay - if you guys say so....

Seems strange to me that one plain building is used for a parade and they make the other building - which is not near the parade gate - fancy looking to hold more parade stuff.

alex mouse
01-21-2002, 11:14 AM
over by the station that houses the electrical parade, and used to house the luminaria stuff, but havent seen that stuff in over two weeks, i walk by this building everyday...as far as the original parade building i personally havent seen the eureka parade floats for awhile,the last time i walked by the building it was empty. maybe an odv or paradise pier cast member here on MP could fill us in cause the usually walk by that building everyday!

driftwood714
01-21-2002, 08:46 PM
The new parade building is supposed to be large enough to hold both parades (Eureka! and DEP) as well as the Luminaria equipment. The old parade building's future use is up the in air. I am guessing it'll turn into more storage or offices.

Brown Monkey
01-23-2002, 07:08 AM
Hey, what does this new parade float warehouse actually look like anyway? Have they taken off the tarp cover yet? I know that there are some wavy lines or something like that on the top, but can anyone describe the building a little more? Does it benefit to the scenery? I hope it does!

justagrrl
01-23-2002, 07:17 AM
It pretty much blends in nicely with the other buildings...I think it was a light yellow with wavy lines on top. You can see it from the top of the sun wheel.

Thank you everyone for your kind reply to my asking the SAME question again. :) I'm really not an idiot - just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same thing.