PDA

View Full Version : Attendance #s on 5-5-05

Pages : [1] 2

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Does anyone know what the final count was? We heard mixed numbers, while at the park, from 45,000 to 89,000. What is capacity?

Alex S.
05-08-2005, 04:46 PM
We don't have anything official but we were hearing something more in the neighborhood of 40,000. Very hard to say since certain areas were very much more crowded than others while some places were surprisingly quiet.

driftwood714
05-08-2005, 08:07 PM
We don't have anything official but we were hearing something more in the neighborhood of 40,000. Very hard to say since certain areas were very much more crowded than others while some places were surprisingly quiet.

Nope. It was higher than that. ;)

evilchild666
05-08-2005, 08:15 PM

Ahh, come on. Don't tease us like that...

Marox3
05-08-2005, 08:15 PM

Sounds like you know something ...... spill it....

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-08-2005, 08:23 PM

Now why would you say that and not tell the number? Are you just guessing?

AVP
05-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Now why would you say that and not tell the number? Are you just guessing?If he's a cast member, they are not allowed to disclose attendance figures, which is why we rarely have exact numbers - Disney doesn't release them.

AVP

Tinker Bell
05-08-2005, 09:14 PM
If he's a cast member, they are not allowed to disclose attendance figures, which is why we rarely have exact numbers - Disney doesn't release them.

AVP

y is that?

Disney Acrobat
05-08-2005, 09:41 PM
i was told that by 2:00 it was already passed 55,000 and going up...i dont have an exact figure but thats my choreographers told me.

RStar
05-08-2005, 10:20 PM
Are you sure it wasn't 55,555 people on 05-05-05? :)

I was one of them, BTW. And I was all over the park for the tour first thing in the morning. It seemed very crowded all over, but in part to all the media and their equipment. Plaza Inn was quite plush for the media, and the Big Thunder Arena was full of trucks and trailers. Quite interesting actually.

The Lovely Mrs. tod
05-08-2005, 11:16 PM
i was told that by 2:00 it was already passed 55,000 and going up...i dont have an exact figure but thats my choreographers told me.
And 40,000 of them were in line at the pin shop. ;)

-TLMt

I Heart Disneyland!
05-09-2005, 12:03 AM
I think that how ever many it was, at least half of them stepped on my foot or ran me down that day! :p I LOVED that day, but, it was a bit too crowded for me. We basically sat with friends most of the day and chatted. It was really fun to be there, but, with no expectations of doing much. It was more relaxing than I'd expected because we really had no plans to do a lot of rides that day. :) I thoroughly enjoyed it. NOW, how about July 17? How many that day? And it will be hot, etc. I am glad I came for the May kick-off as I think the weather was outstanding this week (with the exception of morning rain on the 5th).

Disney Show Member
05-09-2005, 12:15 AM
i wuz there on the 5th just for the ceremony and i wuz at the hub right before tomorrowland. When it wuz over, it wuz completely dead locked on mainstreet. There wuz no way u were going back down mainstreet, everyone wuz going up. SO i just put my nametag on, got my disney I.D, and just walked backstage behind tomorrowland and just walked out the side gate

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-09-2005, 06:25 AM
If he's a cast member, they are not allowed to disclose attendance figures, which is why we rarely have exact numbers - Disney doesn't release them.

AVP

Ok that makes sense now.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-09-2005, 06:27 AM
I was there. Stuck on Main Street with everyone else, not being able to see a thing, until about 10:45 or so. LOL Glad to be there though and be part of the celebration. Now I can been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Which I did get the cutest 50th shirt. hehe
No way I will be there July 17th. May 5th was crowded enough.

Mrs.N
05-09-2005, 06:41 AM
We were there in the evening and pretty much able to walk on the rides we went on (including HM). It seems everyone else was waiting for the parade.

Mommy2NicknMax
05-09-2005, 06:42 AM
And 40,000 of them were in line at the pin shop. ;)

-TLMt
I saw that!!! I thought someone famous must have been in there so I asked a CM what was going on. When she said they were in line for pins I about died!!! One lady I talked to said she waited five hours!

I loved being there on Thursday. The crowds didn't bother me, in fact it made it even better. I just loved the crowd reactions to everything from the ceremony to the fireworks. I had a blast!

Xclipse129
05-09-2005, 06:50 AM
We were there right beside the media tents.. so we pretty much couldnt see any of the stage...but since my handy camera and a long arm i was able to tape christina and julieandrews.. Ive never been stuck in a crowd like that.. ive never seen so many people stuck in one area. After the ceremony there was no crowd control whatsoever. Everyone jsut started yelling go to frontierland... and our group and a couple others started to moo-ing. Seriously we all looked like cows pushing are way ververy slowly towards a small gate. Imagine..from the center hub to the sign of Frontierland took us a good 20 mins and thats probably 10-15 feet apart..It was insane. Then after Remember no one was moving for a good 15mins.. July 17th would probably be the same. But minus the media taking up the whole hub.. But Hey I was there on the 50th opening ..once in a lifetime deal. unless i make it to the 100th.. :fez:

rentayenta
05-09-2005, 06:53 AM
At 11:00 am on the 5th my friend Casie and I were talking to a CM that had a little Palm Pilot thingie that had attendance figures. He wouldn't give me an exact # but he did say that it was 20,000 less than on Christmas Day and that it could fill up Anaheim Stadium.

sriggins
05-09-2005, 07:04 AM
At 11:00 am on the 5th my friend Casie and I were talking to a CM that had a little Palm Pilot thingie that had attendance figures. He wouldn't give me an exact # but he did say that it was 20,000 less than on Christmas Day and that it could fill up Anaheim Stadium.

As long as they didn't get in Andy's line at the Cafe Corner... heh

rentayenta
05-09-2005, 07:10 AM
As long as they didn't get in Andy's line at the Cafe Corner... heh

Was Andy a bit slow? ;)

sriggins
05-09-2005, 07:20 AM
Was Andy a bit slow? ;)

Oh my, the guy seems nice, but he really should be in a different position :) When we went back on Sunday, we got in the line next to his, and while we went through 8 orders, he went through 2.

On the way out with food we told people they'd be best to switch lines and the response was "Why is this guy so slow?" heh. Maybe Disney has him there to keep the eating areas less crowded.

But yeah, super nice guy, just really, really, slow. Like 5 mins per order slow. (I timed it, I had enough time in line on Thurs <g>)

D-lander 1956
05-09-2005, 07:42 AM
This thread makes me wonder-what exactly is the number DL uses as "capacity" before they close the front gates? :confused: I wouldn't have missed the 5th for anything, but I honestly have NEVER seen DL that crowded before. But it was fine, I went with the mindset that I was there to see the festivities and not to ride anything. Soaking up the atmosphere and being part of the historic day, was good enough for me! :cool: :p

The Lovely Mrs. tod
05-09-2005, 07:59 AM
We were there in the evening and pretty much able to walk on the rides we went on (including HM). It seems everyone else was waiting for the parade.
Us too-it was that was in the afternoon as well. In fact, Little tod did Buzz 5 times that day-it's wasn't a "walk-on" but the wait was averaging something like 20 minutes. The Matterhorn was about 10 minutes and we walked on to the Autopia. I was waiting for the tods to come off Buzz which was why I was in the area of the pin shop. The guy in line I was chatting with said he had been in line for 4 hours at that point. There was a CM outside showing the pins that had been released on Thursday, tod saw one he liked but none of us were going to wait in that line. About 2pm we went over to White Water for lunch and stopped in at Acorn...and guess what was there? Yep-the same pin. And there were probably 8 of us in the store. (Talk about walk ons-we literally walked into Soarin'-you could have fired a missile at DCA and not hit anyone...)

Personally, we got a room for the 17th, I think if there are going to be crowds and the possibility of gates closing it'll be then.

-TLMt

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-09-2005, 01:23 PM
We were there right beside the media tents.. so we pretty much couldnt see any of the stage...but since my handy camera and a long arm i was able to tape christina and julieandrews.. Ive never been stuck in a crowd like that.. ive never seen so many people stuck in one area. After the ceremony there was no crowd control whatsoever. Everyone jsut started yelling go to frontierland... and our group and a couple others started to moo-ing. Seriously we all looked like cows pushing are way ververy slowly towards a small gate. Imagine..from the center hub to the sign of Frontierland took us a good 20 mins and thats probably 10-15 feet apart..It was insane. Then after Remember no one was moving for a good 15mins.. July 17th would probably be the same. But minus the media taking up the whole hub.. But Hey I was there on the 50th opening ..once in a lifetime deal. unless i make it to the 100th.. :fez:

We heard you mooing! We were in the pack going from the front of the castle towards ROA for Fantasmic! We were laughing so hard, they were yelling single file, people were fighting, it was crazy! Reminded me of trying to get on a Southwest Airlines flight, only 100 times worse! CATTLE CALL!